Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952481 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Selande greets back. More importantly she tries to see where the tiny cat-person scampers away. Many types of experiments can be conducted with a live subject. Follow the subject so long it isn't running under the winged lion.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Thing...too late...
Selande greets back. More importantly she tries to see where the tiny cat-person scampers away. Many types of experiments can be conducted with a live subject. Follow the subject so long it isn't running under the winged lion.

[phil dex:5+1]
[selande dex:3+1]

[phil pot:1]
[phil end:1]
Phil's left arm turns into a useless lump of copper.

"Well....fuck it." He says before continuing his plan but jerking his body in such a way as to swing his numb metal arm at Selande's head.

[phil dex: 2-1+1 (minus for awkwardness of fighting with that arm)]
[selande dex:5+1]

Selande completely dodges phil's blow,slips behind him and puts him in a head lock.

"CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?!" She screams, shaking phil around and gesturing to a non-existent crowd.

Hm.  I need more pool, but I think I've agreed to too many cease fires and non-aggression pacts.  I could just use my dex bonus to kill steal, but where's the fun in that?

Now for SCIENCE!

Execute Plan 9 from Outer Space!
[pot:6+1]
[dex:4+2]
You point the tip of your staff at the lion on the other side of the arena and say your words The tip of the staff crackles with electrical energy for a moment before it discharges. The arena flashes a blinding white as a bolt of lightning a foot across explodes out of your staff and arcs across the room. The lion simply ceases to be. All thats left in its wake is the top of the stone, glowing red hot, and the ringing in everyone's ears from the thunder.

"Well, thats effective."

"cycallozion karenthar!", says susan while shoving booze down her cat's throat.
[pot:3+1]
You fire two fist sized lumps of flesh out of your eyes while dumping booze on your cat. You think it drank some, but it really didn't like having stuff dumped down it's throat, so it ran away up stairs.

plan C -.-
"Damn. I never knew that my venomous looks could be quite so... venomous. Hey, Possibly, can you get that plant for me? We'll have plenty of time to get drunk later, but we've gotta survive that long first."

Lounge around. Use Word if I'm attacked, or if someone tries to steal my kill.
"I think we should give Derm's life to Phil. He does need the Pool. And yeah, I'll get right on it. Sick little plant-f*cker is gonna pay for making me wait even longer for my hooch."

Look over to Greenman, say Words. If Greenman lobs another fruit at me, don't dodge. Knock it back with my black shaft.

((What say you we kill Poison Ivy now? He did just assault us.

BATTER UP!))

[hydrus:4]
[Possibly:3]
[waldo:6+1]
[green man dex:2]

[waldo pot:5+1]
Waldo commands his Greenman to "Kick the ever loving magic out of dat Hydrus guy," Before shouting his own words.

[Phil dex: 4+1]
[selande dex: 5+1]

The resulting electrical beam fires straight out in front of him at a perfectly flat angle in the same way it always does and always has, straight across the arena towards Phil and Selande where they're wrestling by the east stairs.  Both of them manage to leap out of the way but selande's jump ends with her dangling from the ledge.

Down on the third level the green man is charging in toward Hydrus and Possibly, intent on fulfilling it's master's wishes. Hydrus has his spell ready first, but he waits for the Green man to be in range, while possibly steps forward to try and bring the thing down at a distance.

[possibly pot:3+1]
[possibly dex:4]

[green man dex:3]

The air in front of Possibly grows boiling hot and then ignites, a beam of fire shooting across the level at the charging construct. The Green man moves only slightly  to the side, dodging part of the torrent of flame but losing it's entire left arm and a bit of it's chest in the process. It continues forward, leaving a trail  of smoldering plantmatter and smoke behind it.

Hydrus waits until it's close and then shouts his own word.

[pot:3+1]
[green man dex:2]

The air in front of Hydrus cools and freezes in an instant, encasing the green man's entire upper body from head to hips. He falls to the ground, legs still kicking but unable to move.

... riiiight.

So hey, guys? No hard feeling right? Just putting on a light show riiight?

Guys?

Attempt to not die.

Your attempts do not succeed.

[Derm is dead. Hydrus gains a point]

Tamara Volk Appears on the second floor, near the west stairs.

Tamara Volk:: Pool:4/4 [second floor, west stairs]

Phil:Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/1 [useless copper left arm][fourth floor,East stairs]

Selande:KineseN: Pool: 3/4 (Silver lump on one finger.) [fourth floor, near East stairs, dangling from ledge]

Possibly:Onyxjew: Pool:1/2 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [third floor, south east area]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:1/4 [first floor,south east side]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:1/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[Fourth floor, South area]

Hydrus (2):Wwolin: Pool:1/2  [third floor, south east area]

Waldo(8): Unholy_pariah: Pool:1/5 (plant staff, 2 grenade fruits, limping. Green man.) [Fourth floor, West stairs.] 

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

Say Words, do Things.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

((Why did we kill Derm so fast? He didn't have time to derm everything, and that could have been fun.))

"..."
Zzeralthonth Hobitaeaod Shubha.

Pick up the result of the spell and try and get near Waldo.

"I... don't mean, um, harm to you..."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

((I suspect a combination of me charging at two people, everyone trying to kill me at once, bad rolls and unfortunate word selection were to blame.

Next time I'll just PM my actions

Back to the waitlist. Same stats.)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I suspect a combination of me charging at two people, everyone trying to kill me at once, bad rolls and unfortunate word selection were to blame.

Next time I'll just PM my actions

Back to the waitlist. Same stats.)

Both of those people knowing a quarter of the book didn't hurt, either.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just gonna summon myself another cat soon.

Susan puts on her flesh hat, puts her two new lumps of flesh in the corner with her other lump of flesh and says Caltalleth.

By the way, piecewise, you are keeping track of all the objects in the arena, right? I'd like to remember how many lumps of flesh I have.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:23:59 pm by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

+1 Channeling

"Only a matter of time until the frostbite kills it now. Well, that extra power will help me with science, but I've gotta rest up to use it."

Lounge around again. If anyone tries to attack me or Possibly and is within single-word range, use Word.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile

Selande returns fire against Waldo with "Kelio Roth Garstopit"while pointing at him after swinging herself up the ledge.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

((uuuh why did i attack phil and selande? That was not part of my plan))

science time
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((uuuh why did i attack phil and selande? That was not part of my plan))

science time

((I just realized, about half of the players are now actively trying to kill you. This should end well.))
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Oh, my. This sucks big time.

Escape headlock, say same word, have better luck. Strike Selene with whatever's easiest Go help Selende.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:29:26 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile

((Are you sure you want to attack me? Waldo did just attack us even if it were unintentionally and that broke the headlock.))

Selande changes target to Phil with "Kelio Roth Garstopit" should he go through with his action.
"Let's put our differences behind us and take that guy down."

((Phew, dodged a bullet there.))
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:01:06 pm by KineseN »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

You have had me in a slight headlock.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:29:48 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

well fuck... forget to inform piecewise i want to down one floor before casting and now im the target off mass vengeance... Well guess ill just have to enact plan D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 435