Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 930481 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1980 on: February 01, 2013, 11:02:21 am »

((A giant bear. A giant bear. A GIANT-ASS BEAR. I wish you had rolled a six. Imagine what would have happened.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 01, 2013, 11:13:27 am »

So... you made a giant sentient medic anthropomorphic bear?  Let's hope it likes you.

Thrakor looks at the stone for a minute.

"No, you!"

Punch out some of the rock and throw it at Null.

Anyone know what Zorhaltoran does?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:15:46 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1982 on: February 01, 2013, 11:22:54 am »

More stuff.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 01, 2013, 03:58:23 pm »

"Holy fuck I love you."

Ask the bear kindly if it would protect me, then suggest to it that "protect" means "kill anyone that isn't me or Larry, ESPECIALLY if it's that demigod asshole that no one's touched yet.".

If it likes the idea, add "If you want, you can do whatever you want so long as they don't come after me. By the way, you're awesome.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:01:24 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 01, 2013, 05:02:42 pm »

"Oh, sore luck on that one, eh?"

Oh, we've got probabilities in this very community.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 01, 2013, 11:10:46 pm »

Would that demigod asshole be thrakor or null?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 01, 2013, 11:21:33 pm »

"It's alive! IT'S ALIVE! Bwahahahaha! Wait a sec... is that a man made of wind about to be attacked? No worries bro, I've got you covered!"

Use wind powers to change Royce from a wimpy wounded man made of wind to a giant spidery abomination made of wind.
If I'm attacked, turn all of my foe's bones into a fine powder.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 01, 2013, 11:53:24 pm »

Hey now, Thrakor isn't a demigod!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 02, 2013, 01:38:24 am »

"Talo karenthar."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1989 on: February 02, 2013, 03:04:02 am »

"Oh, sore luck on that one, eh?"

Oh, we've got probabilities in this very community.
I WILL GET MY POUNT OF WIND!

MULTIPLE LETTERS UPON WHICH FORM ARCANE LANGUAGE!

[derm dex:2-1]
[Royce dex:6]
[royce str:6-1]
Royce sort of shoves himself/jumps into the air. And keeps going, sort of floating away and finally coming to a stop, hovering in the open area of the 4th floor.

Derm makes rude gestures at his airheaded prey.

"It's alive! IT'S ALIVE! Bwahahahaha! Wait a sec... is that a man made of wind about to be attacked? No worries bro, I've got you covered!"

Use wind powers to change Royce from a wimpy wounded man made of wind to a giant spidery abomination made of wind.
If I'm attacked, turn all of my foe's bones into a fine powder.

[will:4+2]
[royce will:1]

Royce becomes a literal spider man: he as 4 thin human arms that are roughly 3 times as long as normal. His legs get a similar treatment.

"Talo karenthar."
[pot:5]
You summon a nice pair of fleshy legs. How erotic in a...severed limb kinda way.

More stuff.
[pot:3+1]
You fire a beam of pure arcane power straight across the arena and into the other side of the 4th story. Guess that beam word doesn't fire down.

"Holy fuck I love you."

Ask the bear kindly if it would protect me, then suggest to it that "protect" means "kill anyone that isn't me or Larry, ESPECIALLY if it's that demigod asshole that no one's touched yet.".

If it likes the idea, add "If you want, you can do whatever you want so long as they don't come after me. By the way, you're awesome.

"I can kill some of them." Bearman says, scratching his jaw, "But not the two down there. Or the floating one. Which one you want killed?"

twirl my whips experimentally, do annoying stuff
You run down to the third floor and attempt to murder Talos.

[dex: 4+2]
[talos dex: 2+1]
[str:1]

You sort of lightly slap your bone whip hands against his throat while screaming

"I WILL HARM YOU!"

So... you made a giant sentient medic anthropomorphic bear?  Let's hope it likes you.

Thrakor looks at the stone for a minute.

"No, you!"

Punch out some of the rock and throw it at Null.

Anyone know what Zorhaltoran does?

You punch the insulting stone sign. It sort of explodes violently as you do so. You try to grab one of the larger stones but that stone explodes as you touch it.

"Wait, shouldn't that mean the stone under my feet should be exploding too?"

"Don't second guess magic." Null says, idly picking his teeth while a stone throne rises out of the ground  for him to sit on. "When you're ready, by the way."

Tamara Volk(8):Tsuchigumo550: Pool:3/8 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[third floor, south area.]

Joesph Smuck:Angle: pool 1/3: [fourth floor, west stairs]

Larry(4):wwolin: Pool 0/0: [Bone spear of the wind] [5th floor, one of the north pillars]

Royce:Onyxjew:Pool 2/2: (Spider man. Body of wind)[fourth floor, floating in central open area]

Derm:Derm: Pool:1/1 [Second floor, south stairs]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:4/5 (Whole body made of arcane energy, fast.)[first floor, South stairs]

Talos:Spinal: Pool:2/4 [third floor, south stairs]

(2)Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 (Both hands Spiked, spinal whips)[third floor, south stairs]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 02, 2013, 03:21:24 am »

Well that could have went better...

INTO THE STAIRWELL! Then flee from manbearpig
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:44:45 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 02, 2013, 03:27:59 am »

"Alright, so I think I've got this willpower thing under control for now. But I should learn how to use some of these words too. STEVE! I NEED YOU TO LEND ME YOUR HANDS!"

If I'm not attacked by anyone , then I'll force the individual bones of one of Steve's whips to fly apart and launch themselves at Talos.

If someone does attack me, mess them up horribly by enlarging their sternum until it busts their chest open.

And if Royce attacks me, just erase his wind from existence :P

((I've somehow transformed from a geeky fan to Mengele in the space of a few turns...))
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:08:53 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 02, 2013, 10:06:21 am »

Oh man, I haven't even done anything to you.

Come on, I just got here.

Run out of range of Wwolin, and prepare my mental fortitude.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 02, 2013, 11:16:25 am »

"I-I... I think I should just.. j-just lay down for a bit. Wait, one of these words..."

Climb up onto one of the walls/pillars using my spidery-spider-ness. Words.

((I think these staves are a bit OP. They completely nullify any need for finding the meaning of words. Nonetheless, I shall remain stalwart in my obsolete methods.

True leadership does not mean love, hate, or even respect. It means having your men be afraid of one thing and one thing alone; the man behind them.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 02, 2013, 11:26:56 am »

Not really, as finding new words can help you turn the tide of battle....
As new words allow you to transform yourself into abominations of nature, and can help you destroy the tools
Like firing a giant arcane beam from your eyes......
Or launching pure unadulterated magma from your fingertips, or growing wings, or launching explosive gold kittens made from daggers......

I myself am working on the solution of blocking arcane energy, and hoping when I join back in, that I don't fail
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:31:21 am by javierpwn »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 435