Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 930354 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2010 on: February 02, 2013, 08:37:36 pm »

Everyone.

And I wanted to test my bear and you're the only one I think i can describe easily.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: February 02, 2013, 09:00:00 pm »

You know, I hadn't thought at all about that hole- I guess I assumed it closed back up.

However, should this fail to kill/seriously injure Null, I know what I'm doing next turn.

And it doesn't involve the hole.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: February 02, 2013, 09:03:25 pm »

Y'know what will be funny?
When your mark wears off, and the dexterity bonus disappears

And you are left a fleshy weak, man

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: February 02, 2013, 09:05:35 pm »

Don't forget the hole in the chest.

I threw a 6+2 for pot, though- not only will it not wear off, but I couldn't cut it off if I wanted to.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: February 02, 2013, 09:15:03 pm »

Unless you turned your body into flesh,blood, and bone
And rolled a REALLY high number

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: February 02, 2013, 09:31:59 pm »

I had an electric hand for like 50 turns as a result of a 7 pot roll, so I'm not worried about it wearing off.  From observation, I think it's only temporary if the pot is 3 or 4, with 4 lasting longer.  At 5 and 6 you can activate it at will, with it activating automatically at 6.  7+ it appears to fire off automatically and without the ability to turn it off.  A new mark will overwrite an old one, regardless of the roll of the former.  (Though in theory a high mark on a previous roll may prevent a poor roll on a new mark from taking effect- no evidence to support this, though.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2016 on: February 02, 2013, 09:58:17 pm »

Well lets see...

The areas you'll have to play in will certainly be bigger.

You won't have to kill each other to get points (But you still can)

They'll be less waiting for Pool to recharge

You'll have a goal beyond murder, but you'll have to find it out (Should be fairly easy)

You'll be seeing more NPC's.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: February 02, 2013, 10:00:13 pm »

I wonder... what, by some turn of fate, do you suppose are the odds of me finding the correct words to make a two dozen twelve foot six inch tall clockwork bronze humunculi armed with the more intriguing twists of the arcane residing within my probably concussed mind? I wonder, would having a human heart infused with garstopit stuck inside its chest be helpful, or just maddeningly desirable?

I really need to start writing this wishlist down. This is what, the fourth time I've made some oddity that I wanted but never got around to making? Come to think of it, is there a word for 'gear/cog/sprocket'? How much more pool will I need? Is there any end to my future plans not-so-cleverly-disguised as rhetoric?

There is only one answer to these questions...

Probably is going to return to that most noble of professions; ‼SCIENCE‼

Piecewise: You mean, we can create a super-state of hyper-powerful wizards dedicated to warping the world into their own image and growing infinitely more powerful through the careful farming of hapless NPCs? The last part being speculation. Inaccurate speculation.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2018 on: February 02, 2013, 10:51:22 pm »

I wonder... what, by some turn of fate, do you suppose are the odds of me finding the correct words to make a two dozen twelve foot six inch tall clockwork bronze humunculi armed with the more intriguing twists of the arcane residing within my probably concussed mind? I wonder, would having a human heart infused with garstopit stuck inside its chest be helpful, or just maddeningly desirable?

I really need to start writing this wishlist down. This is what, the fourth time I've made some oddity that I wanted but never got around to making? Come to think of it, is there a word for 'gear/cog/sprocket'? How much more pool will I need? Is there any end to my future plans not-so-cleverly-disguised as rhetoric?

There is only one answer to these questions...

Probably is going to return to that most noble of professions; ‼SCIENCE‼

Piecewise: You mean, we can create a super-state of hyper-powerful wizards dedicated to warping the world into their own image and growing infinitely more powerful through the careful farming of hapless NPCs? The last part being speculation. Inaccurate speculation.
There isn't a word for cog or gear or stuff like that specifically...but there is a  word that would let you do interesting things in that ilk. Actually, it's funny you should mention that, considering the as of yet unused elements.

As per Secrets: Not so much that. Do the letters RL mean anything to you?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: February 02, 2013, 10:55:33 pm »

Real Life?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: February 02, 2013, 10:56:27 pm »

Rocket Launcher?

Also hell yes to anything that speeds pool regen.  I summoned Null before I could finish my testing there.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: February 02, 2013, 10:58:13 pm »

I think that will be an interesting dynamic change.  This "round" was about discovery and figuring out how things interacted.  The next round will be about creative uses of spells and smart preparation.  (Which is a point I think Null is trying to hammer home.  I bet the majority of the spells he's done were preloaded when he spawned.)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: February 02, 2013, 11:10:31 pm »

I think that will be an interesting dynamic change.  This "round" was about discovery and figuring out how things interacted.  The next round will be about creative uses of spells and smart preparation.  (Which is a point I think Null is trying to hammer home.  I bet the majority of the spells he's done were preloaded when he spawned.)
I was on to something like that before Hydrus got a crystal through the face. I had a spellcard to encase the target in ice, but I never got to use it.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2023 on: February 03, 2013, 12:28:41 am »

"Alright, so I think I've got this willpower thing under control for now. But I should learn how to use some of these words too. STEVE! I NEED YOU TO LEND ME YOUR HANDS!"

If I'm not attacked by anyone , then I'll force the individual bones of one of Steve's whips to fly apart and launch themselves at Talos.

If someone does attack me, mess them up horribly by enlarging their sternum until it busts their chest open.

And if Royce attacks me, just erase his wind from existence :P

((I've somehow transformed from a geeky fan to Mengele in the space of a few turns...))
Well that could have went better...

INTO THE STAIRWELL! Then flee from manbearpig
"I'm kinda for... not killing Derm. Let me think..."

Hmm. Most of the problematic people are things I wouldn't want you to fight... you know, because they have a chance to fight back, or they're made of arcane energy. I'd really like to see what you can do, because, my magic worked and this is amazing, so...

Maim whips-for-hands, to whatever degree you see fit. The things he could DO with those things... distracts me.

[Steve dex:4+2]
[Tamara dex:6]
[larry dex:1+1]

[Steve dex:2+2]
[Talos dex:1+1]
[steve str:4]
[talos end:1-1]

Steve wraps his spiked whip arm things around Talos' neck and yanks so hard that he tears Talos' head off in an extremely metal fashion.

[Talos is dead. Steve gains one point]

[steve dex:3+2]
[BEARMAN dex:6]
[Bearman str:5]

Steve has about a half a second to celebrate before a 12 foot tall bear man charges into him and claw slaps him across the room, tearing a nasty chunk out of his back in the process.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Oh man, I haven't even done anything to you.

Come on, I just got here.

Run out of range of Wwolin, and prepare my mental fortitude.
You grunt and try your best not to explode into gore or something similar.

"I-I... I think I should just.. j-just lay down for a bit. Wait, one of these words..."

Climb up onto one of the walls/pillars using my spidery-spider-ness. Words.

((I think these staves are a bit OP. They completely nullify any need for finding the meaning of words. Nonetheless, I shall remain stalwart in my obsolete methods.

True leadership does not mean love, hate, or even respect. It means having your men be afraid of one thing and one thing alone; the man behind them.))
You sort of air swim your way to one of the 4th level walls and cling there as best you can before saying words.

[pot:2+1]

The full body mark of wind vanishes as the one on your left arm appears. You fall to the ground in a heap of legs and arms, one of which is now made of concrete.

Damnit.

Cower again.
It's the cower power hour.

You summon a nice pair of fleshy legs. How erotic in a...severed limb kinda way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I can kill some of them." Bearman says, scratching his jaw, "But not the two down there. Or the floating one. Which one you want killed?"

I'm guessing I'm one of the two and the floating one is Null, but who is the third?

You punch the insulting stone sign. It sort of explodes violently as you do so. You try to grab one of the larger stones but that stone explodes as you touch it.

"Wait, shouldn't that mean the stone under my feet should be exploding too?"

"Don't second guess magic." Null says, idly picking his teeth while a stone throne rises out of the ground  for him to sit on. "When you're ready, by the way."

Glorious.

((I think these staves are a bit OP. They completely nullify any need for finding the meaning of words. Nonetheless, I shall remain stalwart in my obsolete methods.

I'm sure there are ways to circumvent them, like when Null blasted mine out of my hands.

"Magic is crazy shit, no lie.  Hell, I've become strong enough with it to see a powerful magical jackass summoned to kill me, and I don't understand the half of it myself!

Magical attack go!

"Hey, thats my line."

[dex:2+4]
[null dex:6+4]

Null doesn't do anything, put point his sword at you.

You shrug and use your spell anyways.

[pot:2+2]

Your hand crackles with electricity and the arena flashes white as a massive bolt of lightning leaps from your hand  and toward null. It makes contact with his sword and then...well, it's hard to say. It's like the bolt just kinda bursts, like a soap bubble, and vanishes.

"Let me ask you something." Null says, lowering his sword and settling back into his throne, "Whats the most devastating weapon you can wield against a Mage?"

JAVIER APPEARS ON THE SECOND FLOOR SOUTH STAIRS!

Tamara Volk(8):Tsuchigumo550: Pool:4/8 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[third floor, south area.]

Joesph Smuck:Angle: pool 2/3: [fourth floor, west stairs]

Larry(4):wwolin: Pool 0/0: [Bone spear of the wind] [5th floor, one of the north pillars]

Royce:Onyxjew:Pool 1/2: (Spider man.)[fourth floor, north Stairs]

Derm:Derm: Pool:1/1 [Second floor, south stairs]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:2/5 (Whole body made of arcane energy, fast.)[first floor, South stairs]

Javier:Javier: Pool:3/3 [second floor, south stairs]

(2)Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 (Both hands Spiked, spinal whips)[third floor, south stairs]

Real Life?

Rocket Launcher?

Also hell yes to anything that speeds pool regen.  I summoned Null before I could finish my testing there.

Try again.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: February 03, 2013, 12:33:27 am »

Things!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 435