Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 947397 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2040 on: February 03, 2013, 11:27:33 am »

"Hey, Tamara, it looks like your bear and my abomination are going to duke it out. As much as I like Steve, could you make me a servant to replace him if he dies? Maybe something made of bones. Made of bones... OH MAN! Oh, I'll give you the words for this great idea I have if you can make it for me. I've already got a spell worked out and everything! And no hard feelings if Steve kills the bearman, okay? Circle of life and all that..."

If I'm not attacked, use my spear to make a shield of wind around Steve to cushion blows.

If I am attacked, cause the attacker to sprout thousands of bone spikes... inside of their chest cavity.

"As much as I like Bearman, and, with all the mana I spent, I'd like it if he lives. Though, if Steve wins, it's by his own luck, and I'll drop him a reward. Maybe. If I have the pool."

"Mister Bearman! Try and use your powers of bone, flesh, and blood control!"

"Larry, we are still friendly... right? I... This is... fun. I feel powerful, playing science like this. Please don't backstab me.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: February 03, 2013, 11:36:20 am »

((The best weapon against a mage would be an absence of magic, or some sort of magic nullifier. Wait a minute.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: February 03, 2013, 11:38:36 am »

Best weapon against a mage? Hmm... I would say either an anti-magic field; which, by the way, is probably the most annoying, I would know; or perhaps poison. Most magi forget to check their food for foreign heavy metals.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: February 03, 2013, 11:39:55 am »

((The best weapon against a mage would be an absence of magic, or some sort of magic nullifier. Wait a minute.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: February 03, 2013, 11:45:32 am »

The best weapon to use against a mage? A stronger mage.

...Of course, Null seems to be going for the "antimagic" idea.

-----

Anyways, I've finally finished preparations for my own Perplexicon-inspired game, featuring an infinite array of potential spells. As a shameless self-plug, please go look at it!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: February 03, 2013, 12:44:13 pm »

"Hey, Tamara, it looks like your bear and my abomination are going to duke it out. As much as I like Steve, could you make me a servant to replace him if he dies? Maybe something made of bones. Made of bones... OH MAN! Oh, I'll give you the words for this great idea I have if you can make it for me. I've already got a spell worked out and everything! And no hard feelings if Steve kills the bearman, okay? Circle of life and all that..."

If I'm not attacked, use my spear to make a shield of wind around Steve to cushion blows.

If I am attacked, cause the attacker to sprout thousands of bone spikes... inside of their chest cavity.

"As much as I like Bearman, and, with all the mana I spent, I'd like it if he lives. Though, if Steve wins, it's by his own luck, and I'll drop him a reward. Maybe. If I have the pool."

"Larry, we are still friendly... right? I... This is... fun. I feel powerful, playing science like this. Please don't backstab me.
"Don't worry, I'm not going to turn on the person who made me this spear. You, me, and either Steve or the bearman... We could be one big happy magical family!"
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: February 03, 2013, 12:56:21 pm »

"Don't worry, I'm not going to turn on the person who made me this spear. You, me, and either Steve or the bearman... We could be one big happy magical family!"

Blushing slightly as... similar... things had appeared in my mind, continue on with magicing.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2047 on: February 03, 2013, 02:39:05 pm »

Things!
Go up two floors, words

[derm dex: 3-1]
[javier dex:2]

[derm pot:4+2]
[javier dex:4]

A giant glob of mercury appears and splashes down on Javier. Javier, slightly annoyed, just runs away, up to the fourth floor.

[javier pot:1+1]
An aura of force flickers around him but fails to take hold.

"Knowing you, I'm guessing the answer is something like 'his own power' or some such."

Go loot that scroll he dropped when he came in!  Read the damn thing at him.

You run over to Null's bag and are about to undo the roll of paper when you realize you have hands of arcane explodeyness.

"Damn it, I'm like Midas, but with explosions!"

Get the fuck outta there post haste
also +1 str

i cant believe i finally beat wwolin to a kill :D

[Bearman dex:1]
[Larry dex:5+1]
[Steve dex:3+2]

[larry will:3+2]
A shielding bubble of wind surrounds steve as he runs all the way down to the second floor and over to the north stairs.

Bearman, distracted by Tamara's yelling, turns to look at her

"Power to control What? I don't have that."

"Bollocks."

Word.

I have just gotten a new beautiful idea. Mildly idiotic, mind you, but what great ideas are not? I am writing these down.
[pot:6+1]
You summon up an enormous fucking diamond. And I don't mean like when a rapper gets a "Huge rock" and its like an inch across. No, I mean a fucking rock the size of a small car.

"Shit man, Can I just leave now? I'm officially a multi-trillionare with this thing."

Stuff.
[pot:2+1]
You fire an anemic beam of magical energy thats about the thickness of a pencil at royce.
[royce dex:1]
[royce end:5]

Royce catches the beam straight in the sternum and the resulting bloody puff of magic scours away his skin and muscle until the bone is just barely visible. He starts bleeding a fair bit, as is to be expected.

Null, in the mean time, stands up from his throne and walks a few feet forward before stopping and whispering a few words.

[pot:3+3]

A machine that strongly resembles a clockwork AA Gun mounted on a rotating platform appears in front of him. It's barrel is coated in magical markings and a great deal of it looks magical in nature.

"You take your time, no rush." Null calls over to Thrakor, "But in the mean time I'm gonna amuse myself with some of the other people around here."

He takes a seat in the gunner's chair and the gun starts rotating around looking for a target.

Tamara Volk(8):Tsuchigumo550: Pool:5/8 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[third floor, south area.]

Joesph Smuck:Angle: pool 1/3: [fourth floor, west stairs]

Larry(4):wwolin: Pool 0/0: [Bone spear of the wind] [5th floor, one of the north pillars]

Royce:Onyxjew:Pool 1/2: (Spider man.)[fourth floor, north Stairs]

Derm:Derm: Pool:1/1 [Second floor, south stairs]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:3/5 (Whole body made of arcane energy, fast.)[first floor, Center]

Javier:Javier: Pool:1/3 [Fourth floor, south stairs]

(2)Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 (Both hands Spiked, spinal whips)[Second floor, north stairs]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: February 03, 2013, 02:40:57 pm »

Go north and do things!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: February 03, 2013, 02:53:36 pm »

Time for experiments!
Word

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: February 03, 2013, 02:54:06 pm »

Be glad i'm not there!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: February 03, 2013, 02:58:24 pm »

"Null, I love your work, but I kinda want to live for a while. Just try not to point that thing at me. Oh, and Tamara! CATCH!"

If Null points that cannon at me, use wind to point the barrel somewhere else.
Otherwise, blow the scroll to Tamara.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: February 03, 2013, 03:41:50 pm »

"I don't trust it but OK!"
Catch scroll.
"Sorry Mr. Bearman, i thought you had abilities you didn't! Carry on with Science, if you please!"
Oh, Mr. Now Officially Rich Enough To Buy A Small Galaxy, try bringing that along with us when the cosmos eats us, OK? Imagine what the people down there will DO!
Open my mind and see if words for "augment self with sarcastic genetic lifeform and disk operating system" come to mind.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: February 03, 2013, 03:42:58 pm »

fucking hide

Also shouldnt my guy be worth 3 souls now?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:52:55 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2054 on: February 03, 2013, 06:50:48 pm »

Hide behind my wall.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 435