Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 927652 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2175 on: February 11, 2013, 05:36:06 am »

I'm keeping my action.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: February 11, 2013, 05:47:35 am »

((Finally caught up to this. Shit has certainly gone down in my absence.

...holy shit that's a lot of bizarre rune circles.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: February 11, 2013, 06:10:05 am »

Lawwdy lawwdy dats alot o' dem fancy newfangled runes

It's gonna be terrible for me to copy/paste using mah iPod...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: February 11, 2013, 09:09:57 am »

I think any response to this short of "Holy fucking shit on a shingle" is inappropriate.

Sadly, I think I lack the ability to inscribe right now, unless I can use my finger to inscribe a circle onto the walls of the dungeon, without just creating a huge explosion.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: February 11, 2013, 09:21:25 am »

Summon a steel wall

Melt a rune into the wall....

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: February 11, 2013, 09:22:06 am »

I think any response to this short of "Holy fucking shit on a shingle" is inappropriate.

Sadly, I think I lack the ability to inscribe right now, unless I can use my finger to inscribe a circle onto the walls of the dungeon, without just creating a huge explosion.
You could gently explode the patterns.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: February 11, 2013, 10:26:02 am »

Hilarity may ensue if there is miscommunication as to which rune goes where.  I wonder how much difference that makes?  I get the feeling some placement matters while others don't, given the central position of some runes.

Sorry- was busy thinking on what to do with them.  Let's go +3 Endurance and +3 Potency for maximum !!fun!!.  Also, why can't he bungle a roll when I'm trying to kill him?

Run up to Null and punch him out.  Turn his clothes and face into explosions.

Quoted, because I'm keeping this action.

You could gently explode the patterns.

You could say I was using...

...a magic marker.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2182 on: February 11, 2013, 11:09:22 am »

See if the cube of iron can be lifted, maybe I can use it to carve runes with. If not:
Quote from: KineseN
Hide by the stairs and wait. Be amazed by what is going on all around me.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: February 11, 2013, 12:17:46 pm »

Oooh, using a control staff to will something to form runes in itself... that has real potential for !!fun!!.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: February 11, 2013, 03:32:18 pm »

Rock control staff of mark arena?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2185 on: February 11, 2013, 03:43:56 pm »

I should point this  out, because I added it to the system explanation just now, but

"You don't need to fill in the runes at the same time you make the circle. You can make a circle, rest to restore your energy, and then fill in the runes. When you put them there doesn't matter, as long as they're there when you activate the circle. "

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2186 on: February 11, 2013, 03:48:52 pm »

So you spend the energy for a rune when you write it, not when you activate it?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: February 11, 2013, 04:03:21 pm »

I really want to try one of those Big Circle/Little Circles.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: February 11, 2013, 04:07:33 pm »

Could someone without pool draw runrs/circles and have other people charge them?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: February 11, 2013, 04:12:58 pm »

The runes scare and confuse me.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 435