Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958689 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2370 on: February 21, 2013, 09:04:28 pm »

So am I. I can't wait to see what happens!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: February 21, 2013, 11:55:28 pm »

((Arcane affects arcane))
((Why is there an element that makes any kind of defense pointless? Do I need a mirror, or something?))
You need Null's sword. It was able to touch Thrakor without disintegrating while he was arcane.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: February 22, 2013, 12:21:25 am »

I know something that should protect against it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: February 22, 2013, 01:47:53 am »

((Does my character have an obsession with bleeding out or something?))

"Ummm that looks problematic" Well then try again and if unsuccessful say "zaral" and cauterize it with that if successful then will into hand shape, if anyone attacks run away
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: February 22, 2013, 10:55:34 am »

Actually, that's an intresting idea. You could use the hypnotization (?) word and enslave people, then draw runes on them. Mobile magic cannons, anyone?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2375 on: February 22, 2013, 06:01:05 pm »

"~Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle!~"

Moar science.

[pot:1+2]
[will:1]

A kitten drops onto your head.

"Well, if that isn't the most adorable magical fuck up I don't know what is."

I'd love to know what you were trying to do.

Thrakor shakes his head.  "Just stay on this level.  Let's go!"

Get inside the range of his halberd and break his kneecap with the mace.

Sucker, taking a polearm into a one-on-one duel.

[dex:1+2]
[Null dex:4+2]

[dex:1+2]
[Null dex:5+2]
[Null str:4+1]
[end:2+2]

You raise your club and charge forward, swinging it in a hard, slow arc. Null side steps the blow, spins behind you, shifting his grip closer to the blade of his weapon, and tries to sever your Achilles tendon. He catches you a bit too low, but carves a burning, flesh melting gash into the back  of your heel.

You stumble, bleeding and in pain, but turn  to face him.

"Some things beyond the gate don't respond to magic. Some don't respond to blades. You must be proficient with both. "

"~Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle!~"

Moar science.

[pot:1+2]
[will:1]

A kitten drops onto your head.

"Well, if that isn't the most adorable magical fuck up I don't know what is."

I'd love to know what you were trying to do.

((I was hoping that Derm might get turned into a perfectly normal cat for fun in a completely nonlethal and nonthreatening manner. Needless to say, that didn't work, though for two ones rolled that went remarkably well.))

"~Aw, who-is-a-good-kitty? You-are! Youuuu-aaaare! I-believe-I-shall-name-youuuuu... what-is-an-expressive-name-oh-I-know... TOD-1...a! YES! Tod-1a!~"

Pick up and pet Tod-1a. Utilize powers of creation.
[pot:2+2]
You get a normal sized cat. A normal sized cat made of burning, horrible black green poison. It dissipates a moment later. Huh.

Dammit.

Go north and try again.
I WILL FEAST ON YOUR FLESH! Pounce on my prey like a jungle cat, then start biting into his neck.

"There we go. Much better."
Push my thumbs into Baba's eyes.
[Nahere dex:3]
[Baba dex:2-1]
[Derm dex:6]

Derm runs over to the north stairs and gives his spell another try.
[pot:6]

He points his new staff at the pair of combatants and whispers his words before shouting "I'MMA FIRING MAH LASER!"

A magic circle appears in front of him, and then another and another. They crackle with arcane energy and slowly merge together. The beam of arcane energy that bursts forth a moment later is bright enough to  send Derm scuttling back, blinded, and a dozen feet thick.

[baba dex:6-1]
[nahere dex:5]

Nahere and, surprisingly, baba both manage to jump out of the way, narrowly avoiding the fate of nonexistence that the  stairs behind them suffers.

Nahere's aura fades away.

"Not as poor as it might have gone. Do I need oxygen to live right now? Probably not."

Check if I need to breathe. If I do, Words A. If not, Words B.

((Being encased in nigh-unbreakable material isn't as bad as you might imagine if you think about it properly.))
You don't seem to need to breathe. Thats helpful.

[pot:2+1]
You're not exactly sure what your words made, you can't see it after all, being in the diamond sarcophagus and all. But you hear something screech, like hot metal hitting water.

Activate the circle!

Hope nothing bad happens...

The ink making up the circle glows bright green and plants sprout from it, growing up and intertwining into a mass of blooming greenery.

((Does my character have an obsession with bleeding out or something?))

"Ummm that looks problematic" Well then try again and if unsuccessful say "zaral" and cauterize it with that if successful then will into hand shape, if anyone attacks run away

[pot:5]
Your attempt to put a mark on an arm you don't have goes poorly. So you try the back up plan.
[pot:3]
[end:2]
You manage to conjure some flame, though not much, and burn the wound shut; but the pain of it all is so great that you barely remain conscious. You're not gonna be able to fight very well for the moment.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: February 22, 2013, 06:04:22 pm »

Fuck.

Quickly activate plan PIOOMY.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: February 22, 2013, 06:33:43 pm »

"This sounded better before I realized I could have just summoned a liquid of unknown origins that is likely to be sentient and eating my slightly-tangible legs right now. Or maybe it's a puppy."

Lumos Maxima Bad dog latin!
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: February 22, 2013, 08:03:53 pm »

Wait, we don't need circles for runes.

Sketch PM Rune on the ground and activate it. I assume there's still useable ink?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:58:47 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: February 22, 2013, 09:31:07 pm »

Break one of Nahere's knees with a side kick, then bite his neck.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: February 22, 2013, 09:56:19 pm »

"What about these rune things that appeared in my book?  What can you tell me of them?"

Go for another disabling blow- aim for his arms this time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: February 23, 2013, 12:04:05 am »

"Worn off already? Damnit."
"Cainthalsaz Shorbitael."
If derm does anything other than leave, tackle him; otherwise attempt to push my thumbs into Baba's eyes.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: February 23, 2013, 02:40:34 am »

((Ah))
Sit in a corner mewling to myself

(What was my pool now ?)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2383 on: February 23, 2013, 02:43:25 am »

"This sounded better before I realized I could have just summoned a liquid of unknown origins that is likely to be sentient and eating my slightly-tangible legs right now. Or maybe it's a puppy."

Lumos Maxima Bad dog latin!
Yeah, not even gonna roll for that. Even on a 5 all thats gonna happen is that it will appear a few feet away from you and nothing will happen.

Wait, we don't need circles for runes.

Sketch PM Rune on the ground and activate it. I assume there's still useable ink?
I'll  save you a roll too. Thats the same rune you put in your circle. Same thing is gonna happen.

"Worn off already? Damnit."
"Cainthalsaz Shorbitael."
If derm does anything other than leave, tackle him; otherwise attempt to push my thumbs into Baba's eyes.
Break on of Nahere's knees with a side kick, then bit his neck.

Fuck.

Quickly activate plan PIOOMY.
[derm dex:1]
[Nahere dex:6]
[Baba dex:4-1]
[nahere pot:2+1]
A very weak arcane aura appears around Nahere. He immediately tries to murder Baba.
[baba dex:3-1]
[nahere dex:3]
Nahere can't get a good hold on baba, but he manages to bitchslap baba witha powerful, corrosive arcane backhand.
[baba end:5+3]
Baba loses a bit of skin, but nothing major.

Derm, in the mean time, tries something that has no chance of succeeding because things don't work that way, and then scurries away into the east edge of the level.

"What about these rune things that appeared in my book?  What can you tell me of them?"

Go for another disabling blow- aim for his arms this time.

"Perhaps it is nostalgic, if it is capable of such things. Maybe lines of past and present are blurring? Who can say."

[dex:2+2]
[null dex:5+2]
[null str:4+1]

Null slices the weight of your club off, leaving you with nothing but a handle.

(Corsair: Your pool is 4/4)

Corsair:Corsair: Pool:4/4 (left arm gone, bleedng out)[Third floor, center platform.]

Stephen:GWG: pool:1/1 [third floor, south stairs]

Baba(1):Akingsquest: Pool:0/0 [Second floor, west stairs]

Royce:Onyxjew:Pool 2/2: (Spider man. body of arcane energy)(no legs)[5th floor, North area, on pillar]

Tod-1(14):Harry: Pool:6/6 [second floor, east stairs]

Thrakor(31):Toaster: Pool:5/5 [first floor, center]

Nahere:: Pool: 1/3 [second floor, west stairs]

Derm:Derm:Pool:2/4 [second floor, east stairs]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: February 23, 2013, 02:58:40 am »

"~Alas-the-kitty-was-not-meant-to-beeee... but-what-about-this?~"

Plan Pretty Kittens For Everyone Activate!
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 435