Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962087 times)

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While still facing empty air, try "Dorbaelo".  Regardless of what happens go out and investigate the so-called school he has been lead to.  Try to discover its purpose and hunt for a change of clothes and a pack of some kind.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile

Yay!
Do a happy dance. Put on armor. Look for something weak enough for me to kill, but strong enough to give me power.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

There are lots of people around you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Look for something on fire. Failing that, something that looks roughly as interesting.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Oh, okay so that's what he does.

Dammit we need to make a list of these things. Now I'm rune guy I guess. Better start working on that after I get myself back up to snuff.

Speaking of robots...

Go outside and say Rothon Shareeb Clo-caltel Zzers Shaazeshelial
[pot:6]
You transform into what amounts to a clockwork skeleton with a framework of meticulously detailed metal plates around each bone; a sort of fractured skin that fills out what would normally be occupied by flesh. Electricity arcs between these plates like the arms of a jacob's ladder.

Try two entirely Different Runes
[pot:3,5]
You get a small amount of sulfur,  and some cloth that seems to extrude itself out of the lines of the rune.

Once more attempt to go down the path and head to a forest if I can see one
You make it aaaaaaall the way down to the village homes before you blunder across a man armed with a torch who seems to want to have a violent talk with you.

Yay i found lizard :D... now i only need another 2 points into channeling in order to make my !SECRET MINION!

Also wut?
Code: [Select]
strange looking thing with three
legs, gecko feet and a giant eyeball on a stalk-like neck.
is this a picture of the last word i just discovered?
Spoiler: large image (click to show/hide)

magic WORDS of summon ^ that ^ thingy, head upwards out of town... left path if opportunity arises.

Have mr Big punt any crazy villagers we come across.

(pretty much)

You walk back up to the village homes and come across two men harrassing two of your fellow mages! How rude! You send your homunculus to go deal with them.
[homu spd:4-2]
[Torch spd:3]
[pitch spd:4]
[Tor dex:3]
[Pit dex:2]
[homu spd:1-2]
The Two men easily out pace your Mr.big but their attacks are...lacking to say the least. The pitch fork man somehow completely freaking misses the 18 foot tall naked man while the torch wielder manages to give him a minor burn to the leg.
[homu dex:3]
[homu str:5+2]
[pit spd:1]

Your homunculus promptly hacks an arm off the pitchforker with little difficulty.

You cheer him on a bit and say your words.
[pot:3+1]
You summon a fleshy one of those strange little things. It looks around promptly skitters away, climbing up a wall and vanishing. Huh, guess you don't have the required will to control any more minions.

"~Worth-a-shot-I-guess!~"

Say "Harialltontal Shareeb Hael-ton", clap if results look impressive. Hoot if they do not.
[pot:1+1]

HOOOT! HOOOOT!

Silica aims away and says "clo-caltel roth"
[pot:5+2]
You get a pile of strange, copper colored goo with little gears embedded in it. Alrighty then.

Taroth Hobitaeaod Shubha
pick up the result,activate mark,head down the road.
i hope this works.
[pot:3+1]

You grab the very heavy stone control staff you just summoned in. Now, do you want to walk down the road or just fly down? I can understand wanting to walk. The last guy who tried to fly just levitated his spine out.

"Well then interesting"
look around town murdering anyone who tries to murder me. Also take stock of available loot that isnt owned currently.

You walk down to the to the village homes. Seems like a good place to start looting. It's even got two villagers fighting a giant naked guy....

Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

Ready my axe, then ROTHON! the first Guy who gets close to me
GARSTOPIT the next
Beat the other remainder using my axe.
I should technically have 2 pool now because of the turn skippage, but if your holy-GM intervention says no, stick with the ROTHON!
(I didn't give you another point because I considered your turn more on pause then skipped. Since if I didn't what would literally happen is that you would have failed your spell and then probably get murdered)

[spd:1]
[Ax spd:1]
[Ax spd:4]
[Heavy spd:2]
[captain spd:4+1]
(oh dear)
The captain charges in first, before you can even say a word.
[cap dex:2+1]
[cap str:6]
[spd:2]
He hacks your right hand clean off, your ax still in it's grip. One of the Axmen follows suit, bringing his blade around in a brutal uppercut.
[ax dex:4]
[ax str:5+1]
[spd:4]
[dodge spd:5]
You backpedal, the ax clipping your bronze ribs with a hard metallic clang and pushing you back even further. The heavy, clad in armor and wielding a huge warpick, tries to bring the spike down onto your head.
[heavy dex:2]
He misses you entirely, driving the pick into the stone of the path instead. Finally, the last axman comes charging in. You regain your footing as he swings and catch the ax by the handle, just above his own grip.
[ax str:4+1]
[str:5-1]
The ax man rips his weapon free of your grip, and you shout your word before he can bring down another blow.
[pot: 4+1]
The axman vanishes in a burst of electrical discharge, charged to a black husk.
(you gain a point)

"Gotta keep trying to find something useful..."

Magical words!

[pot:2+1,3+1,5+1]

You get lumps of Diamond, Cement and Wax.

Take the staff. "Well now, this looks like it might be at least slightly useful." Jixiu then says "Clo-caltel Donbel."
[Let's see if this works. Also, anybody wanna team up?]
[pot:4+1]
You get a "clockwork" chestplate. It's really more of a bronze chest plate with intricate gear designs on it. Hmm.

"Oooo.... kay?  Wasn't Null a sealer too?  Wonder if there is some giant info giver I could have asked that question!"

Head down the bridge.  Murder via Rothon Shael any enemies.  Electric beatdown any further enemies.
You make it down to the cages outside the raider camp and find someone there. He's wearing the same red uniform as the raiders, but in the form of a cloak similar from your own.
[spd:5+1]
[Raider mage spd:5]
[pot:4]
[dex:2]
You miss him completely with a lightning  bolt from the mouth, sending an arc of electrical discharge straight over his head.
[raider mage pot:1+1]
He seems so surprised by the assault that he completely fumbles his own words.

"You know... This wouldn't be the first time this has happened to me Jo--Shit, you're dead again. ...Huh." Glassco struggled in vain against the concrete before crouching as well as he could to touch it, saying Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod while touching the concrete. If successful, he wills it to get off his feet. "Obey me concrete, obey!"
[pot:3]
The mark appears but vanishes a second later. Grumble.

"I know We'll need ballast eventually but this is too much, too fast."

"Hey, I'm sciencing! Could you please leave? Some guy with a pipe just left here, he probably has some sweet loot on him. You could go chase him for muder or something."

Prepare my sword. If he attacks me, yell "Zaral Rothcaltal" at him and/or stab him with my sword. If he leaves, continue scienceing and say "Haltol Doldastar" and "Fushalieal".
[pot:2+1]
You get a small amount of liquid cement
[pot:6+1]
You get a phantom image of a fish. Huh, well, maybe you're in for seafood tonight.

If possible, I'll move a point from awareness and speed into potency.
I'll then storm straight back out there, grip the rock and say "Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod Ah-thaelao, now fly already you goddamn rock!".

[pot:6+1]
You get the mark put in place just like you like it. Finally.

"I'm coming to get you, my spine! I'm coming for youuuuu!"

"Say, do you happen to know Rule One? No? Ah well."

Sprint up to the man, and get as close to him as possible, and try to strangle him.

((Sorry to burst your bubble Unholy, but I only have one pool. So no HADOUKEN! for me.))
[Dex:4]
[torch wielder spd:4]
[str:6]
[torch str:4]
You charge the torch wielder and try to get your hands around his throat. The swats them away but you still manage to tackle him to the ground and get on top of him.

"Sorry to disturb you."
Find and examine paths out of town.
The paths out of town, as you see it from here at the village homes are: The path off to the south, toward the sea, the path off toward the north, thats through the raider camp, and the path toward the west, into the forest that is also beyond the raider camp.

Leave basement. Use power of METAGAMING to wander around until I find the pub I don't know about.
You make it down to the middle of the path, lost in the cloud layer, before you accidentally anger a flock of storm crows which immediately dive down upon you.

SCIENCE!
[pot:5+1,5+1]
You get, in order, a phantom image of a whip an a clockwork bull.

Oh sweet! Now for some ammo! Hm... what should I make them out of..... wonder what clockwork bolts are like.

Set my crossbow for 6 shot burst. Then say "Clo-caltel Zothelthcaon". Load up my crossbow with my new ammo and if any left over, store them away on me somehow.
I think you may have made a mistake there. Compare these words to the ones that gave you your bow and I think you'll find they're identical.

While still facing empty air, try "Dorbaelo".  Regardless of what happens go out and investigate the so-called school he has been lead to.  Try to discover its purpose and hunt for a change of clothes and a pack of some kind.
Well the word makes it so a magic mark attempts to appear on what you have in your hand, but you have nothing in your hand and it's a mark of nothing so there you go.

I'm not entirely sure of what you mean by "school" but if you want some new clothes you're gonna have to head down to the village. It's down that steep switchback path with the monster infested clouds and the monster infested village.

Also mage infested. There are a lot of you bastards running around.

Yay!
Do a happy dance. Put on armor. Look for something weak enough for me to kill, but strong enough to give me power.
Do people count?

There are lots of people around you.

Now you're thinking with murder.

Look for something on fire. Failing that, something that looks roughly as interesting.
Well there's nothing on fire, per say, but there is a thin thread of smoke rising from one of the buildings near the village center, down the side of the mountain a ways.

*sigh*

Try enchanting the glove again.

[pot:5]
Your glove is now faster. This doesn't translate to you or your blows being faster. It's kinda annoying, I know, but it's like that for a reason. Namely so that you don't just put on 10 bracelets of "Fast" and break the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I'm counting that as 'Derm you are now a robot.'

Time for a weapon!

Shareeb Clo-caltel Rothon Ku-karua Zothelthcaon!

C'mon railguncrossbow, c'mon railguncrossbow
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

Shaontrod! Damnit I meant Shaontrod! Can you make a mini turn thing for me so I don't wast my turn from a stupid copy and paste typo?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the path seems to be unblocked, so I will quit with the experiments for now.
Say Shareeb Shubhallethel, then pick up the result, whether it seems usable in combat or not, and walk down the path.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

mwahaha evil plan time,

have Mr big pick up the one armed pitchforker and throw him forcibly into the side of a nearby building while i run up to the torch bearer and perform SCIENCE! then have him walk over and restrain the torchbearer should it survive.

((kisame try to keep that torchbearer held down so i don't have to make a dex roll when i attack him ;)))

New plan, have Mr big pick me up and carry me away while i cast WORDS at the pitiful wretch of a villager that's about to get cluster fucked.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:21:13 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile

((Well, this is my first fight. Hopefully all goes well o_o))
*Attempt to mentally dominate him, but if that doesn't work attempt to slit his throat with the silver dagger*
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"Surprise, bitch!"

Beat him down with my hopefully-charged-from-my-hand clockwork mace.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

"Right. Right. My feet are still in concrete. Also, technically it would be your spine, and your arm... Spear... Why do your bones have trouble staying where they belong? Anyway, fuck this concrete on my feet, fuck tiny steel chest plates, I'm starting to get sick of this place." Glassco tries his best to try and get on the concrete floor/bowl. "Can you get this off of me? Turn it into water or something, please? Its a bit of a hassl--LET'S FLY!" Glassco cut himself off as he realized that they could actually leave now the right and proper way. "Man, the sights we can see, can't wait to be off! Any direction you want, Captain John?" He has by now forgotten that his feet are still encased in concrete.

Glassco scurries onto the stone floor/bowl, activates the mark, waits for John to get on as well, and slowly lifts it into the air, about five or so feet. With his mind.

EDIT: (If corpse is still there, if not ignore) "Also... Uh... What do you want to do with, well, you? Old you." Glassco comments as he points to the spineless corpse.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:25:06 am by Xanmyral »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

To the smoke!

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 435