Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 927740 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #4155 on: April 15, 2013, 08:48:27 pm »

((Did I get a Point from the heavy PW?))
Kill captain with sword then go back to the village
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: April 15, 2013, 08:50:37 pm »

Stick hand unto bear:Dorbaelo Hobitaoed
Reform sand back onto bear
Draw rune using sand ejector, on barren metal

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: April 15, 2013, 08:53:16 pm »

Keep up the plan of murder. However, murder in the direction of the tavern.
((You might want to cross out your previous post as PW tends to do the first action posted.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: April 15, 2013, 10:23:21 pm »

Body is fixed and I have located the tentacle word.  Everything's coming up Toast-house!

"Fuck it.  Close enough.  I'll just be short until I get fixed."

Check self to confirm I can deactivate mark without dying.  Words.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: April 16, 2013, 12:11:36 am »

Slam my hands over the raider's temples, then squeeze.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: April 16, 2013, 05:39:46 am »

"YAAY! STABBY STABBY Stab-stab!"
Jixiu stabs the guy in the goddamn FACE with his spear.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: April 16, 2013, 08:23:42 am »

:/  Well, I guess that does tell me I'm not immune to lightning, but I more wanted to know how dangerous it is.  Fly across the room at the slightest touch?  Charring if I hold it for extended periods of time?

...And now the raiders are dying!  Say words, then regardless of what happens charge into the camp and grab a raider.  Order my midget to hug my target's ankles.

Can I just relinquish control of my midget with a thought?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: April 16, 2013, 09:44:35 am »

Draw more circles!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: April 16, 2013, 04:58:38 pm »

If not, you could always just tell it to act on its own discretion or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: April 16, 2013, 08:22:41 pm »

Continue down the path and say words.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: April 16, 2013, 09:17:06 pm »

Science with runes!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4167 on: April 17, 2013, 03:08:46 am »

((Piecewise, the circle failed last time :P))
Did it? Oh, well. Yeah It makes solid lumps of diamond. Yay solid lumps of diamond. And I make solid lumps of mistakes.

I WILL have my fungusy Powerarmor! Then put that point in will and summon the extra Thallid that gives me. Will this one to have a huge rack of fungus missiles on top. And then head deeper into the forest.
(Pssst. That doesn't give you an extra minion spot. You're still at 2+1 for Nulsheal's bonus. You've only got 7 will, you need 9 for that (+3))

I'll have you stay still for now since deeper in the forest means danger and I don't want you blundering in, depending on fungal ICBM's that don't exist.

Point to Awareness, eliminating weakness.

Right, lets see if I can't make every organic being shit itself at the site of me.

Cast Shareeb Adamenstiar Donbel Garstorpit Shorbitael

Search around my current location for stuff too.

[pot:3]
Nice spell. It doesn't work because of numbers, but it's a good spell that does what you think it does.

You don't find anything of value around here. Unless, like, you find bits of broken concrete and rebar and crap like that valuable. If you do, you're fucking rich bro.

"~Damn-you-spelling-mistakes! Damn-you-thought-to-speech-processing-quality-assurance!~"

Ooh, do that again!
[pot:6+1]
You summon up a diamond shield and give it to the man of steel. Like he freaking needs a diamond shield thats been made even tougher then natural diamond.

"Ahhh the sea. So mysterious."

Make my way into the raider camp.
"Ah the sea. So mysterious! FUCK THAT NOISE!" you turn on your heel and head down toward the raider camp.  Before you get there you come across Nahere and his Spearman friend fighting on the bridge.

"Hmm, to murder or not to murder..."

MURDER

FUCK YES BEAR RAMPAGE

Go on a murderous rampage. Attack nearest character. Head to the Tavern.
The closest person is Tod-3. Time to give him a stiff bearing!

You charge down the path over to Tod and immediately attempt to maul the shit out of him.

[tod spd:4]
[bear spd:2]
Tod, rather then fighting you himself, sic's his superman on you.
[Sups dex:1]
[sups str:4+2]
[tod spd:2]

The superman takes a massive swing at you, using his shield as a weapon. However, your pure and undeniable bear-itude seems to have confused and frightened him, because he not only misses you entirely, but accidentally hits tod and caves his goddamn head in. As Tod and everything he ever owned crumbles into ash you make an offhand comment about honey in bear language and wink.

You're a fucking bear.

((What? I didn't even get a pot roll?  Or was that a malformed spell? If it's not that then does it have something to do with the sword I picked up?))

Oh... maybe this guy can tell me stuff and about that door under the church. "Hello there mister... not crazy loony guy like the other two non-mages I've met... well the few i seen are pretty crazy too... but not in the same way. Though one did burn off my hair and eyebrows in an attempt to murder me... asshole. So I consider him pretty loony too. Ah but I didn't kill anyone yet... well I pinned one to the ground so he won't kill me and another I knocked out cold with a rock. Your not crazy like them right? I hope not, it'd be a pain in the ass if you was. Though..."

Ramble on while eventually get the rundown about souls and stuff, get a soul jar thingy from him, ask what he has in exchange for 1 magic soul, ask about the sword i found on the dead guy in hopes he might happen to know anything about it, and lastly ask about the door with the rune on it that's under the church.

If the barkeep doesn't mind, turn a chair into silver with, "Dorbaelo Hacal"

Read a little bit up in the post. I said I lost the original post and the rolls, but remembered the results, so I was just posting those without numbers. But the spell was malformed regardless.

"Oh. I can give information. Or items. Mageblood infusions, anodyne for injuries, and the like. For more souls I can sell second chances, potent brews to strengthen the flesh in ways that souls cannot. For one soul, I can tell you what that blade of yours does."

"That way used to lead to the catacombs, but it was sealed long ago by Shal the Evergrowth. If it's still sealed, he must live still."

He asks you politely not to convert his furniture into precious metals, as it makes them uncomfortable.

Head deeper into the forest, but do not go the same way as Angle.
((Aww, come on, I want another soul too. :-\))
You're not even in the forest man. You're on the bridge in the Village. No one has reached the forest yet. Believe me, you'll know when you do. There's still the raider camp between you and it.

"Is tha'... a ship? Tha' kin fly? All for me? I love this town."

Begin clearly the squatters from my ship. One blast of fire, bolt of arc lightning, and pneumatic hammer blow at a time. WORDS.

((Everyone knows there are theoretically two options: fight or flight. The second more literally in my case. But everyone also knows that adventurers have an unspoken third, steal everything.))
Yeah, good luck with that bro-guy.
[spd:6]
Looking good so far
[Cannon 1 spd:4]
[Cannon 2 spd:6]
[cannon 3 spd:4]
[Cannon 4 spd:5]
Ooo got a tie. I wonder if you can swoop in before they blow you out of the damn sky.
[spd:1]
[cannon dex:1+2]
The cannons along the side of the ship open fire; blasting beams of arcane energy 15 feet wide straight toward you. You manage to out-fly all but one beam, which clips your wing and sends you spiraling downward, out of control.
[dex:4]
You manage to right yourself and pull out of the dive, but your wing is injured and it's slowing you down. 

"Huh? Whot am I doin' heah?"

Determine if I can carve circles in the floor with my hand-scythe thing. If so, carve the word "Elbereth" in the ground. Because why not.
Carve, no, but you can scratch into the stone, which is pretty good. You scratch the word into the ground but nothing really happens. Hmm, did you mean for something to happen? Who knows.

Doctor Octogonapus - Team Bismuth - Village Homes

((^^ You should go kick a sink next.))

More word experiments. I need the "solid" word for my arcane tripod army.
[pot: You got 5's for everything. seriously]

You summon, teeth made of fire, a horse made of fire, and finally what appears to be solid fire. it's weird stuff man. All but the last one dissipate.

[Fair enough. Our plan currently then would be to finish the fight with the sea monster, hopefully ending in our favor, then skimming along the coast lands instead of the actual sea. This way we can still go by the map, but we still have chances of coming upon a ship, or port cities, or possibly the occasional sea monster. As a note: Later however, we plan on coming back to the sea and seeing what there is to see when we're stronger and have more resources available, although I guess that's a given. As well as a whole bunch of other places, we're currently trying to cook up a few ideas on how to get to seemingly inhospitable, hard to reach places.]
Ok, so whats the plan for fighting this thing then? Since it's gonna breach here in a few seconds and it's looking less like an apartment building and more like a city block as it gets near the surface.

(This is actually an optional boss, there are a few hidden out in the world.)

I still keep "Kelio Chall-thel Conth" readied for when the creature surfaces.

"You know, I've had a thought. While there'll probably be ships out there somewhere, we don't actually know the route they'll take. However if we go along the coast, we're bound to find a port with ships to rob. Once this thing is dead of course."

((Ninja'd))
You wait till the first part of the creature breaks the surface; a carapace wrapped tentacle the size of a subway train and tipped with a carapace spike.
[pot:1+1]
"We are boned. Boned hard and long and mercilessly."

((Sadly, I have no idea how I would get up to you.))
*attempt to follow Vakothu*
Considering he and fungus man don't move, and that you're all standing on the same bridge already, this is an easy task.

"That's enough for now, I should probably consult people about what's happening. Come to think of this, the mark on me is quite ominous."
Silica runs to the monks and asks about her mark.
If a bear randomly appears she will instead say "Adamenstiar Caoncarthel" aiming between herself and the bear. If it strikes her, she will kill herself using her sword.

You run up to the tempe's upper floors and talk to the monk about the mark. He tells you that it is the mark of the Other's corruption and that, should all the eyes open, you shall be dragged down to the same deep place as the other, lost forever.

if i have priority say cainthalsaz rothcalthal.
If he has priority say dorbaelo uristrast if i can touch him or cainthalsaz rothcalthal if i cannot.

also shoot him with the crossbow regardless of priority.

[spd:1+1]
[auto spd:6]
[auto dex:2]
[pot:4+1]
[dex:6]

The Automoton swings and misses you completely. You dodge under his arm and touch his chest while saying your words. His chest instantly transforms into booze and his limbs and head fall to the ground as what was his torso pools in the sandy earth.

"Well, that was easy."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((It's just 5-6 words  :P . Just need to figure out which word is for gender swapping: Hathic (either ZZERALLETH  or CONTH for glowing) Karenthar Halthel Zoth-Hareth, plus the word for female, or replace Halthel with a word for female form. Need more cha for that first))

Continue out of building, don't observe surroundings much.
"This book is... Amazing! It seems to be of words from a dead language, and these notes... Well, they're not very organized, but they seem to be some attempt to make sense of them. I wonder why 'uristrast' is circled so many times?"
You make it out to the temple grounds and immediately summon globule of booze that hovers in mid-air for a second and then splashes down onto the ground. 

((Did I get a Point from the heavy PW?))
Kill captain with sword then go back to the village
(Nah. Those without magical abilities aren't guaranteed to give souls.)

[spd:2]
[cap spd:6]
The Captain turns tail and runs. Clearly they're not paying him enough for this crap.

Stick hand unto bear:Dorbaelo Hobitaoed
Reform sand back onto bear
Draw rune using sand ejector, on barren metal

You successfully place a mark of control on the sand...something you already had control of. Cool.

[will:2-1]
Too bad the bear explodes and the mark dissipates.

[pot:6+1]
You draw the circle and activate it. It activates and seems to be functioning, but nothing happens.

Body is fixed and I have located the tentacle word.  Everything's coming up Toast-house!

"Fuck it.  Close enough.  I'll just be short until I get fixed."

Check self to confirm I can deactivate mark without dying.  Words.
You're not really sure if you can deactivate the mark without killing yourself. After all, the original mark is only still active on your head. This new body doesn't have it, so deactivating the mark might make your head flesh and leave your body zappy. Bad day if that happens.

[pot:4,5]
You make phantom images of arrows and of a shield. Yay that?

Slam my hands over the raider's temples, then squeeze.

[spd:3]
[spear spd:5]

The spear man, his jaw broken and his battle against a zombie boxer going unfavorably, decides to just leg it and runs away.

"YAAY! STABBY STABBY Stab-stab!"
Jixiu stabs the guy in the goddamn FACE with his spear.
[spd:3-1]
[tor spd:3]
[tor dex:4]
[tor str:4]
[spd:4-1]
[spd:4-1]
You manage to block the torch wielder's furious and random clubbing blows, but the combination of his ferocity and all the ash and embers and smoke in your face makes retaliating impossible at the moment.

:/  Well, I guess that does tell me I'm not immune to lightning, but I more wanted to know how dangerous it is.  Fly across the room at the slightest touch?  Charring if I hold it for extended periods of time?

...And now the raiders are dying!  Say words, then regardless of what happens charge into the camp and grab a raider.  Order my midget to hug my target's ankles.

Well, if you keep in contact with it you're gonna char and burn and stuff. But thats really it.

Also, raiders are all dead or gone so...yeah.
[pot:2+1]
Your aura only exists for a few seconds and then it vanishes. Your midget shrugs and pats the pack of your knee sympathetically.

Draw more circles!
A giant ax blade made of rare earth magnet erupts from the ground. Well, thats a thing.

If not, you could always just tell it to act on its own discretion or something.

I'm more aiming for freeing up my mind control slot.  An equipped raider is way better than a zombie midget.
That is a very subjective judgment, sir.

Also yeah, you can release them. Or just destroy them.

Continue down the path and say words.
You're at an intersection. You need to pick a direction. South toward the sea or west toward the forest?

[pot:1,4]
nothing, and a phantom image of a dog.

Also no, if you miss a turn you don't get to get it back. It's just assumed you were inactive for that time.

Science with runes!
You can't tell what any of these do simply written on the ground as they are. But they all seem to activate correctly.

Kin:
Your spell doesn't work because it was malformed. Also yeah, Just small, not small and large.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: April 17, 2013, 03:24:00 am »

((Hmmm i was certain that golem would have granted me a magic soul...
Perhaps hes not quite dead yet?))

place the automatons head in the center of the booze puddle then step back and say word.
Afterwards say words and pick up the result before walking to the shipyard.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:50:38 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: April 17, 2013, 03:49:55 am »

"Is there any way to remove it? Does it have any other side-effects?"
After hearing the response, Silica walks back into the temple grounds and says "Roncal-thol Shareeb Shubha Thrancaole" while hoping for a pen.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:18:14 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 435