Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952094 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4230 on: April 18, 2013, 10:37:10 am »

Given the compartmentalization of the world, this would make a totally banging MUD.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #4231 on: April 18, 2013, 10:47:03 am »

"Hmm..."

Kin tried to put the big hat in the larger circle and reactivated it. If that would not work he did the same same thing over again, A16, B1, but put the hat in the larger circle before activating it.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: April 18, 2013, 10:59:10 am »

"Damnit. I think this one requires page 4 runes..."Use my ring to will the door to the house and the windows shut, then draw circle.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: April 18, 2013, 12:23:33 pm »

"Aye aye, captain!" Glassco sets about landing the ship, by that I mean he makes Sparky land, then set the ship down, then move away from the ship. Glassco points at Sparky and says a word. "Best see if I can do this, that way I won't have to bother with keeping him under my thumb and free up my mind for a few other tasks."

Stonecod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: April 18, 2013, 12:46:15 pm »

((Just to make sure, it's only the runes that use up my pool, right? Circles don't?))
"The only logical course of action is to start randomly scratching circles on the ground until something happens."
I'll take a quick look around the room to see if I'm in any danger, then I'll scratch another circle and activate it when it's done.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4235 on: April 18, 2013, 01:23:18 pm »

((Just to make sure, it's only the runes that use up my pool, right? Circles don't?))
2.Costs and Cooperation:
Unlike words which are always instant and always cost 1 point, circles can cost many points and take several turns to make. However, these costs, both in time and points, can be lowered substantially by cooperating with another player. If 2 people work together the circle is completed twice as fast and each person need only pay half the point cost. If three people work together it goes three times as fast, is split 3 ways, etc. This means that a few people working together can do a hell of a lot more with runes and circles then they could do individually with words.
((And that is why it's good to work with a team if you're doing runes. Team Bismuth does rune science. Join team Bismuth!|!htumsiB meat noiJ))

Stonecod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: April 18, 2013, 01:39:33 pm »

((Ok, so how do I know how many points a circle takes? Is it just trial and error?))

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4237 on: April 18, 2013, 03:03:34 pm »

My characters name is Joseph.

Send out my sporebombers around the area, then study the heads.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4238 on: April 18, 2013, 03:21:31 pm »

((Ok, so how do I know how many points a circle takes? Is it just trial and error?))
((I can't reveal the how without revealing knowledge gained by other teammates, however I will tell you this: there is a way of predicting how much pool and time a circle or rune costs. You can either experiment a bit and find out for yourself or you can join a team that knows about that.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: April 18, 2013, 03:28:28 pm »

((I suggest Aether.))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4240 on: April 18, 2013, 03:58:11 pm »

((I suggest Aether.))
((I don't think drugs are the answer here. I suggest heavy metals, like team Bismuth.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: April 18, 2013, 04:04:29 pm »

((Bismuth is weak, Aether is the polar opposite of Void, the Ur-Element. The air of heaven. Join us and we shall ascend beyond the finite!))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: April 18, 2013, 04:16:30 pm »

((Eh. Just get me to somewhere I can do something. Three straight turns of not shooting lightning from my tongue is starting to get tedious.))

Fly away, or down. Or spiral out of control. Whatever gets me out of the chronological void I am somehow floating in. AND ACTUALLY DO IT. CONSEQUENCES BE DAMNED AND TIME-STOPS DISREGARDED.

Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4243 on: April 18, 2013, 04:20:38 pm »

((Bismuth is weak, Aether is the polar opposite of Void, the Ur-Element. The air of heaven. Join us and we shall ascend beyond the finite!))
((You see all those stuff? Man, sounds like you're having a bad trip to me. Remember kids, don't do drugs. Go heavy metal. Go Bismuth.))

((Okay, I'm stopping the silliness of advertising now. No need to clutter the thread with my jokes.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: April 18, 2013, 05:35:54 pm »

2.Costs and Cooperation:
Unlike words which are always instant and always cost 1 point, circles can cost many points and take several turns to make. However, these costs, both in time and points, can be lowered substantially by cooperating with another player. If 2 people work together the circle is completed twice as fast and each person need only pay half the point cost. If three people work together it goes three times as fast, is split 3 ways, etc. This means that a few people working together can do a hell of a lot more with runes and circles then they could do individually with words.
((And that is why it's good to work with a team if you're doing runes. Team Bismuth does rune science. Join team Bismuth!|!htumsiB meat noiJ))
((Aether has more knowledge and more members. We're also cooler. We're Ęther, a magical substance; you're Bismuth, a component of bismuth bronze. Oh, yeah, and you get to bump virtual shoulders with such notable characters as myself and dermonster. Who does Bismuth have? Parisbre?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 435