Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 949579 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4515 on: April 27, 2013, 01:02:30 am »

"~Yummy-fort! But-first!~"

Say words.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: April 27, 2013, 04:18:18 am »

"Well that didn't work. Maybe a torch would be better. Kenthablaw shubha. And now to light it. Zorhalth."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #4517 on: April 27, 2013, 04:32:01 am »

Kin tries A16, B3 with the metal rod again.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: April 27, 2013, 05:01:50 am »

"Ugh nevermind"
Give the skeleton back the stuff and go to Derm leading the skeleton saying words first
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: April 27, 2013, 05:13:00 am »

"Hehe, sorry for that."

Say some more words.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4520 on: April 27, 2013, 06:53:34 am »

((Why does every time I try something new it tries to kill me? Found the blackhole word, it killed me. Found the blackhole rune, it killed me. Found the animate rune, it tried to kill me (although that's kind of my fault, experimenting with a bear). I'm starting to think everything is trying to kill me...))

"Insolent bear. I created you. And now I order you to SIT DOWN!"

If I'm still touching the hostile bear, put a control mark on it. Else, force the hostile bear to sit down and then put the control mark on it. If successful, see whether or not the mark I put overwrites the rune I used.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:57:36 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: April 27, 2013, 08:41:11 am »

I must have gotten lucky- I found the vacuum word the same time I found the slow-mo word.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: April 27, 2013, 12:44:30 pm »

Scratch rune B17 into ground next to previous BEAR DIAMONDS. Activate.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: April 27, 2013, 01:25:44 pm »

Head back to the starting temple. If I get there, see if the mummies know anything about the language on my copies of the writing on the stone heads
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: April 27, 2013, 03:11:09 pm »

"Holy shit! I'm alive! Time to RIP AND TEAR!"

RIP AND TEAAAARRRRR the plants off the boars back.

((You are huge! Which means you have huge guts! RIP AND TEAR!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: April 27, 2013, 03:53:46 pm »

Enter the smaller door, keeping the picks in my upper arms raised to strike and equips the shield upon one of his lower arms.   If nothing attacks him or looks at him in a threatening manner once he is inside, say WORDS.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: April 27, 2013, 06:41:55 pm »

Swim back to shore, Control sand to make Sand Whip

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4527 on: April 28, 2013, 08:20:50 pm »

FUCKING

Piecewise I meant Contar! Stop making words so similar! Can I get that instead?

In the meantime, Cast words for science!
(Words came from a random generator, just used syllables I input to build words. So you can't blame me there :P. Also nope. Maybe if you were in combat or it actually mattered I would consider it but it's not like messing that up hurt you in any way.)

[Pot:2,6,2,5,5]

Zip, phantom image of an insect,Zilch, phantom image of powder, phantom image of tendrils or tentacles.

"YAY IT DID SOMETHING"

Proceed to try next thing. Run up to nearest person and give them a hug before shouting "URISTRAT GARSTOPIT" in their faces.

You run up and grab Derm.
[pot:2]
Nothing happens with your words.

Derm doesn't look happy.

Quote from: Ignored
Loot pitchforker, continue my search. Three more Zorhalths at whatever I find.
Ahem. About that...
Alrighty then. Lets stick you down at the edge of the forest. Thats down there right outside the forest. Thrakor is just a little bit further in, fighting a giant stone boar, so if you want excitement, there you go.

Look around for someone not on Team Aether to slay.
It should be noted at this point that I have no idea who is on what team. That shit is player handled so I don't keep track.

"Oh the oddly-numeric failure!  How about I just make bacon bits out of you?"

Call up some Cainthalsaz Shorbitael for a nice arcane aura, then go give his face a big hug!

I was going to use Conth instead, but I think the force would blow me up too.
[spd:3+1]
[Master spd:4+1]
The Master holds it's position, the glow over it intensifying and the plants across it's body multiplying from a thin coating to a dense fur off thorns and flowers.
[pot:5]
You summon up an arcane aura and charge the beast with a flying grab.
[dex:1]
And you fly directly onto the tip of one of his iron tusks.

[end:5]
Good news is that your attack manages to do damage to that particular tusk you flew into. Not a lot, but some. Bad news: you discharge your body into the tusk and are left as a head again.

"I'm beginning to think this might just be my true form."

Yay! I'm free!
Grin. Say Cainthalsaz Adamenstiar Contallthelthel. Go towards the forest, looking for things to kill that are not players. If attacked, respond with a Cainthalsaz.
[pot:4+1]
You summon a sword. It's hilt and guard are made of diamond with a reddish glow and it has two blades that intertwine up like a double helix. One blade is diamond, the other, arcane.

Now, before you go a-walking, do you want to pick that up?

"I can stand, now it's time for step 2."
Will the rubber attaching my arms to my torso to disintegrate, and then will myself to grow new arms.

[will:5]
"Jettisoning arm modules."

Your arms fall off

[will:1]
And then your legs do.

"MALFUNCTION!"

Shareeb Contallthelthel, then draw the new circle if possible and put the sword into the circle before activation.
You summon up a steel sword.
[pot:5+1]
You inscribe a new circle and put the sword in before activating it. Nothing happens, but it continues to drain energy from you to maintain the circle in an active state.

Silica puts on the gauntlets, grabs a pebble or similarly size item nearby and activates the switch of her gauntlets.
She then aims as far away as possible and says <words>

The Gauntlets, when activated, project a dome shield of force a few feet in front of the gauntlet. It appears that moving your hand will move the shield around as well. The shield itself is about 3 feet in diameter and shaped like a shallow dome.

[pot:4+2]
Nothing seems to happen.

Hmmm.... light my candle by sticking the wick in my rings flame, look around and say words
if there are no creatures in my immediate vicinity say different words, grab the result and look for shinies.

You light your candle and look around a bit.

The cavern is a sea made thing, a wound in the stone carved by centuries worth of high tides. Water has collected in divots around the cave and formed dark tidal pools. Soft limbs and boneless bodies squirm in the brine stinking water and primitive eyes watch you with a sort of mindless curiosity. Hidden there, in the depths of the black stone and the wet sand is a monolith of quicksilver. It hovers a foot or  two above the ground, hanging silently in a natural chamber at the end of the cave; it's surface slowly rolls and ebbs and flows. 

[pot:5+1]
You summon up a strange looking clockwork bow. When you draw the string back an arrow made of solid flame materializes. Neat, but you're gonna burn your fingers using it, as you are.

"Hmm. Hand must of slipped."
More runes.
[pot:5,2,5,6]
Paper, electricity and air.

Cast spell on the plant ring, then if I'm successful, swallow the ring and head into the forest and will the boar's legs to fall off.

"Need some help there, lightning guy?"
[pot:3+1]
Well, you put that mark on the ring just fine. However, considering the boar is made of stone with some plants on it and has iron tusks, the ability to control plants and iron aren't really terribly useful against it.

"YEAH," Milo shouts back at LYF. "BUT NOT TO ME. LET ME KNOW IF THIS HURTS, OK?"

If he sticks around, shout WORDS, then throw results at LYF. Otherwise, say OTHER WORDS.
He runs off and hugs another guy, seemingly distracted. Hmm. Well, guess you'll let him live for now.

[pot:4+2,2+2,4+2]
Phantom images of: A box or cube, claws, and a whip.

"Fuck this. What was that word they said to never, ever, under any concievable circumstance say? Zentol? I think that was it."

You you feel something catch hold of your skull and then pluck out your dead eyes. You scream and thrash but it holds you still, peeling away burnt flesh and replacing it with new. It replaces your eyes and you see again. But entirely differently. Everything is made of a sort of gray flame that takes the shape of the world around you, burning in slow motion. You can see hard pinpricks of light scattered about; the closest of them is buried somewhere in your chest.

Climb into my fungus battlesuit and head into the woods.

You climb into the mech. It's not easy with the broke leg but you manage.
[will:5+3]
The fungi juggernaught wanders down into the woods until you meet up with thrakor and his angry boar.

"Hm... Hm.... Hm. No, not right at all. Ah well, just gotta try again, that is the way to go about it." Glassco shrugged as he focused again on the stone bowl. "Right, time to whip you into shape stone, and no mistakes."

Glassco attempts to will the bowl into shape again, with the precedence to fix mistakes before moving onto the next part.

Spoiler: Ship Re-envisioning! (click to show/hide)
[will:3+1]
You get the bowl itself into a nice sort of tear shape configuration.

"~Yummy-fort! But-first!~"

Say words.

You summon a fast guy. Yay fast guy.

"Well that didn't work. Maybe a torch would be better. Kenthablaw shubha. And now to light it. Zorhalth."
[pot:1+1,6+1]

Well..you cause a pillar of fire to appear. Thats pretty cool.

Kin tries A16, B3 with the metal rod again.
[pot:5]
The metal rod turns red and slick, dripping blood like melting ice drips water.

"Ugh nevermind"
Give the skeleton back the stuff and go to Derm leading the skeleton saying words first
Ok, I'm a bit lost on what you want the skeleton to have exactly. He's had half your inventory at one time or another.

You head back up to the temple grounds and use words.

[pot:6+1]

You fire a beam made out of flaming fire swords. Pretty neat, though not what you were looking for. 

"Hehe, sorry for that."

Say some more words.
[Pot:1+1,3+1]
First one derps, but the next one produces delicious phantom images of tentacles.

((Why does every time I try something new it tries to kill me? Found the blackhole word, it killed me. Found the blackhole rune, it killed me. Found the animate rune, it tried to kill me (although that's kind of my fault, experimenting with a bear). I'm starting to think everything is trying to kill me...))

"Insolent bear. I created you. And now I order you to SIT DOWN!"

If I'm still touching the hostile bear, put a control mark on it. Else, force the hostile bear to sit down and then put the control mark on it. If successful, see whether or not the mark I put overwrites the rune I used.
[pot:6+1]
You put a mark on the bears head and it quiets down.

Scratch rune B17 into ground next to previous BEAR DIAMONDS. Activate.

[pot:6]
You summon large amounts of booze! YAY BOOZE. You immediately start drinking it. Because bears are alcoholics.

Head back to the starting temple. If I get there, see if the mummies know anything about the language on my copies of the writing on the stone heads

The Head mummy tells you it the writing of the civilization that came before this one. He cannot completely translate it but it says something like "Offering of the Green"

"Holy shit! I'm alive! Time to RIP AND TEAR!"

RIP AND TEAAAARRRRR the plants off the boars back.

((You are huge! Which means you have huge guts! RIP AND TEAR!))
You jump off the boar's back as thorns the size of daggers sprout out of it's foliage fur. Probably not the best thing to try and grab with your hands.

Enter the smaller door, keeping the picks in my upper arms raised to strike and equips the shield upon one of his lower arms.   If nothing attacks him or looks at him in a threatening manner once he is inside, say WORDS.
You follow the road into the outpost proper and wind your way through the carts that litter the entrance. The area here looks to be an unloading section of sorts, judging by the half loaded carts and scattered cages.The entryway itself continues forward into a more organized section of parked carts and finally dead ends in a stone wall with a single metal door set in it. Directly to your left is a much less imposing set of wooden double doors, partially open, with cages scattered all around them. It looks pitch black beyond the little doors.

[pot:4,5]
You Summon phantom images of wheels and a ring.

Swim back to shore, Control sand to make Sand Whip

[will:6-1]
You swim back to shore and shake the water out of your shoes. Once back on dry land You summon up a whip made of sand. Thats pretty cool, if weird.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4528 on: April 28, 2013, 08:22:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: April 28, 2013, 08:30:35 pm »

"How long could this possibly take?  On the bright side, at least I don't feel pain."
Will myself to grow new arms and legs.  If it works, pick up all my previous limbs for Science.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 435