Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 930541 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4560 on: April 29, 2013, 10:35:47 am »

((Sorry Piecewise, but there is no way that uriststrast as a word for booze was generated randomly. Yes, I just revealed that word, but it's mostly harmless and hilarious anyway.))

Say some more words.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4561 on: April 29, 2013, 12:11:57 pm »

I happen to be right next to you. Want me to bail you out, or should I just let you be? If you offer me an item (that I can actually touch, no rings that disintegrate me when I try and pick them up) of elemental control over any metal/energy element, I'll even try and arrange to give you the kill. From what I can see, if I give you the kill and you put the point in channeling, you should able to make such Items.

Eh, sure, I'll take your offer.  I have some words banked with Team Bismuth- how about I just tell Paris to give them to you?  Metal/[insert energy element here]/control/ring is four words and should get you metal and whatever energy element you want that won't bite you.

I have no stats in channeling or potential, so I need you to cast the spell for me.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: April 29, 2013, 12:15:38 pm »

[Miauw, I currently have 96 of the 186 words, all except one derived from what people say openly. By now, every material should be common knowledge because they've all been used openly, or used in an instance where it may as well of been open. Trust me, don't worry about revealing words, chances are its already been said out loud before.]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: April 29, 2013, 12:18:29 pm »

((Hm, true.))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: April 29, 2013, 12:21:17 pm »

Team aether has pretty much every single page 2 word as well.

Page three seems a tad useless, but maybe thats because nobodies really tested any of them.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: April 29, 2013, 12:22:15 pm »

Team aether has pretty much every single page 2 word as well.

Page three seems a tad useless, but maybe thats because nobodies really tested any of them.
I'm currently doing page 3 testing. Bismuth lacks about 5 page 2 words, I think.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4566 on: April 29, 2013, 12:24:41 pm »

"Hey, anybody out there wants a mecha bear?"
Just give it its freedom and send it off to the shipyard, I'll collect it once I'm finished with this shiny thing.
Don't worry, that's mechabear-2 I'm using. This model can't speak, is animate and extremely bearlike (as in dangerous) when not under the influence of a control mark. Mechabear-1, the model that can speak and is currently immobile,  is safely stored in our temporary headquarters downtown in the village.

((Sorry Piecewise, but there is no way that uriststrast as a word for booze was generated randomly. Yes, I just revealed that word, but it's mostly harmless and hilarious anyway.))
((Random number generators have shown strange behavior concerning this game (remember the 1 streaks?) so maybe the same thing happened with the word generator. There are other words that don't look random. For example the word for spear seems to be a compound of staff and another word, which seems fairly logical, since a spear is a staff with a pointy end. However trying the other word on its own did not produce any results (as in that is not a valid word, not as in it needs more investigating).))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 12:28:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: April 29, 2013, 12:30:48 pm »

[Meh, spell testing. I'm poking the limits of what and how you can will check something, so as to nice and properly abuse use it to its full potential. The words seem nice, but really unless you want to build stuff with them you don't really need the ability to say a lot of them it seems to me.]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: April 29, 2013, 12:31:25 pm »

I suddenly really wish there was an element for sound.

Weren't we promised new elements at some point?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4569 on: April 29, 2013, 12:39:20 pm »

I believe those were clockwork and repulsive force.

"Oi! Thrakor! You want help with tha'? Too bad! I'm comin' anyway. Drinks all around!"

Adventure my way to the boar and begin superheating it. ZorhalthZorhalthZorhalth.

You might want to back off with those, you probably won't kill it, and you might cancel out my attack.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 12:43:33 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: April 29, 2013, 12:45:51 pm »

No we had force before. I recall making an arcane shoulderpad surrounded by the stuff.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: April 29, 2013, 12:46:12 pm »

((God dammit, what the hell does this circle do?! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!))

Pick up a rock and hit the sword with it from a distance to see if anything happens. If nothing happens, scratch out the circle and pick up my new sword. Prepare the new circle and runes if possible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4572 on: April 29, 2013, 12:54:43 pm »

[Meh, spell testing. I'm poking the limits of what and how you can will check something, so as to nice and properly abuse use it to its full potential. The words seem nice, but really unless you want to build stuff with them you don't really need the ability to say a lot of them it seems to me.]
((Will is fine for building stuff, but when it comes to protecting that stuff you have built, it's not so good unless you have cast the appropriate words (like Null did). Otherwise you'll end up annihilated by arcane cannons or sucked into blackhole mines. So the moral of this post is, in a perfect world, one should have a +2 on all stats and enough knowledge and pool to cast many magical defenses.

I wonder if Blastel has any magical defense perks on his higher levels, since he? seems to be a god suited for non magic users.))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 01:23:06 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: April 29, 2013, 01:08:52 pm »

If I die, I'll probably focus more on will next just to see what it can do.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: April 29, 2013, 01:57:00 pm »

Find nearest big deadly thingy. Shout "URISTRAT ZORHALTH" at it.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 435