Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 948898 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4650 on: May 02, 2013, 10:08:26 pm »

Hm, scientist hasn't been around in a while? Mercy-killing time!

Words.

-----
((To all the new joiners, come join team Bismuth! Fill out most of your spellbook instantly, with ~75% words and ~25% runes! Join a team of dedicated scientists!))
((Bah. Rookies. Oh, hey, someone is trying to chat with me IC:))

Go to GWG. Grin maniacally and say hello. (manaical grins are default grin for LYF)
"Ah...h'lo theh. Ah ye okay?"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:17:39 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: May 02, 2013, 10:39:23 pm »

"Holy shit. THANK YOU, OH MIGHTY BLASTEL!"

Hit it again, but in the head this time.

((If the dice are with me, I may kill a giant stone boar, with a stick. Or die horribly. Either or.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: May 03, 2013, 12:38:19 am »

"Ok...maybe choosing the spooky hallway over the inviting metal door was a bad idea."

Search for a candle, torch or other light source in the crate and along the wall.   If I find any thing, light it with "Zorhalth".

If I don't find anything that I can light to guide my way, go back to the metal door muttering "Roth" and "Jubhal" along the way.  Stand to the side on which the door opens, open it and wait a few seconds to let any ambushes or traps go off without Ozzy in the line of sight.   Only then would he enter, still wary and see what he could see.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:41:46 am by luvmonke »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: May 03, 2013, 04:08:00 am »

((Dont think I have replied yet sooo...))
"Tehehe"
Take my skeleton with me and have it murder the first enemy I find.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: May 03, 2013, 05:24:05 am »

Jixiu starts humming absent-mindedly to himself. "Wait.... What was I doing again?" He shrugs."Oh well."
Go wandering aimlessly.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: May 03, 2013, 06:14:09 am »

Try to levitate some sand 5 times

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: May 03, 2013, 06:51:54 am »

That should speed things up considerably, all things considered. Glad to have your help.

(If this does something like summon a god, or terraform the area, or something like that, I won't be disappointed. If this turns the Other to diamond (and all otherflesh), I'll be excited but disappointed. If this CREATES a god, I'll be really excited. I have no idea what this will really do, though. It's a BIG unexplored circle.)
((I'll help you next turn as well, I just need to make sure I haven't summoned an extremely magnetic invisible knife))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: May 03, 2013, 08:00:24 am »

((If my next turn doesn't kill me, I might join in too, FOR SCIENCE! Perhaps you could be convinced to share the recipe..? ;D))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Stonecod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: May 03, 2013, 08:34:03 am »

I'll walk upstairs, then outside, then say some words.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4659 on: May 03, 2013, 08:05:08 pm »

"Well, let's try that again! The throne too!"

Convert throne and hands into a swarm of golden butterflies. If successful, command a single butterfly to descend down the trapdoor, to try and see how far down it goes.
[will:5+1]
You break your hands and chair into a swarm of golden butterflies and send one of them down the hole. It seems that the hole goes down maybe 40 feet or so.

"Right. Back to that previous circle!"

Deactivate the current circle and scratch it out. Then draw the new one, activate it and place my sword into it and watch what happens.
[pot:4+1]
The circle activates and begins drawing power from you. You attempt to stick your sword in but it bounces off thin air. You try again, moving slow. It refuses to pass within the circle, or anywhere directly above it. You give the invisible barrier a hard hit with the sword and though it still blocks it, you feel a bit of power drain from you. Experimentally, you stick your hand into the circle. It passes in and out without issue.

[Oh neat, new ability! Sweet. Don't know how far along the ship is though... Also, not going to lie, if Glassco dies again I'm bringing out a Blastel guy, one who's weapon is a tower shield. Why? Because I can only assume that the weapons granted by a deity are impossible to break, and a giant shield that is impossible to break... Oh my, the possibilities. That, and the mental image of beating someone to death with a giant ass shield greatly amuses me.]

"I feel... Whispers. I didn't know that could even be a feeling." Glassco scratched the back of his neck as he felt weird about the new covenant level. "Well... Guess I should test it, no?" Glassco attempts to use his new found power on Sparky, because why not? Might be interesting. Secretly, I mean Scarlon is the deity of secrets, is he not? Lets practice some secrecy.

If I can still make will rolls, continue with the shaping of the ship until its finished.

Spoiler: Ship Re-envisioning! (click to show/hide)

[will:3+1]

A whispering voice echos in your head

fears water

Acceded ones use as hunting hounds

Lives in the steep cliffs

Weren't insects once

Ticks of the Storm Rok.

Blood has curative properties

((Well, I managed to repair myself, I'm coming to help with the rune now.))
Head back to the spawn-temple, if I make it without incident, help with the rune.

Help with drawing rune.
Be the big damn hero to the big damn circle.

Call loudly for more people to help, organize people and draw the circle as mana becomes available.

((10 mana? Wow, that's definitely the circle we had in mind. Which means that over all, this is going to take 31 mana. That's a few turns/players.))
Alright lets see here:
3+4+5+3=15 pool to play with here. Thats enough for the circle and a single rune this turn. And 4 people plus the Inksea effect means it's all done in one turn. Lets see about that potency roll though
[Flab:6+2]
[Derm:2]
[Nahere:2+1]
[Vak:3]
about a 4 average. So it succeeds! You inscribe the circle and the first of the runes. Just 6 more left.

"Okay, Thank you for your time. Would you like me to send any knowledge I discover to this monastery?"

Go back to "Three Heads" and try to set up a small outpost for "The Research of Ancient/Lost Knowledge"
You return to the three heads and set up as much of an outpost as you can. Mostly it involves scratching the name in the wall.

Well. This seems like a lesson in hubris. Maybe I shouldn't just assume I can stomp everything...

Will my fancy painkilling fungus bandages to spread over to my arm. Will a couple of Large Thallids to appear between the boar and me and keep it busy. Will the part of my suit that I sit in climb up some of the spikes that impaled it, consuming any spikes that are in the way and leaving the rest of the suit behind. Will the part left behind to turn into slime mold and begin consuming the boars organic matter.

Well, this is going south real quick. Maybe we should just throw everything we have at it and not worry about who get's the kill?
[spd:5]
[Master spd:1+1]
[will:1+3-1 concussion]
The bandages manage to slow the bleeding considerably, but not stop it. Not that bleeding to death eventually is really your biggest worry right now.
[will:1+3-1]
Your fungi men sort of waddle over and put themselves between you and the boar, but don't attack it.
[spd:6]
[master spd:6+1]
[master dex:6]
[master str:5+3]
[will:4+3-1]
[end:4]
The boar charges. It's tusks rend the ground and tear your fungi soldiers to shreds. You don't have time to do much, but you will the fungus cockpit to harden up into a massive spore,to shield you from the blow. The cockpit closes into a completely sealed organic shell just as the boar's tusks meet it. You're not really sure what happens next. There's a great impact, a feeling of tumbling, and the flash of sunlight before you find yourself on your back. The front of the spore has been partially caved in, crushed in like an egg. Light is drifting in through the cracks.

"Ow."

dammit i wanted fireproof hands, say words and stuff.

"Hey there, Sven was it? Nice monolith you've got there. Does it do anything?"
I head into the cave.
[Un spd:1+2]
[Sing spd:2]
[un pot:6+2]
[Sing spd:5]
[un dex:2+1]
[sing spd:4]
Sven shouts a few words and an enormous wall of fire appears in front of him and roars down the length of the cave. John just barely manages to press himself against the wall as it tears past him.

[un pot:2+1]
Sven's subsequent attempts at circlestry end in failure.

Exit the temple and look around the grounds.

Outside the temple is a rather large grounds, complete with sparring ring, benches and cliffs on all sides save for to the west, which has a switch back path down the mountain.

There are several people working on a large magic circle together  as well.

No noticeable effect. Let's test this shall we? I know the knife would have been magnetic, if I throw steel and clockwork at it, some of it will clump around the knife.
"clo-caltel clo-caltel shareeb shareeb" Silica scatters the metal and clockwork in the area in front of her.
Damn it, It ate your post.

Yeah, you managed to summon both and spread them out in front of you.

WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!

*RESPAWN*
"Uh..."
>>> Move one point in STR to END (Please?)
*Faceplant*

Round 2:
Run back outside, again.
MOAR SCIENCE!
(This time for fun and profit! Now hopefully with 100% less obsidian-head!)

((Do I need to drop a point? Or because I haven't killed anyone do I get to keep what tasty, tasty points I have left?))
((FYI, I'm just going to sci for a bit, build up a moderate arsenal, hopefully.))
((Sci now, MURDER soon. I pwomise.))
(looks like you have 10 points, so thats fine)

You run back outside and try to science again.
[pot:4,2]
Well...good news is that you didn't  get a 1 this time. Bad news...you found the vacuum word.

You summon a cube of solid black about the size of a 6 sided dice. It immediately begins to suck everything in towards it.

[str:5-1]
Luck  duck.

You manage to resists the pull of the void until it collapses in on itself and vanishes.

Second spell you just sort of fumble.

Waaaiiiitttt, you are doing something with the other?
Get the FUCK away from the idiots with the huge-ass circle. Do not grab the new sword. Say Shoshashzel Adamenstiar Contallthelthel.
You're already down in the village homes. You're a good distance from them.
You summon a diamond sword that radiates a powerful aura of repulsive force. A such, it kinda hovers in mid air, tumbling all over the place.

""~You-will-be-known-as-Tod-3A! Such-is-Tod's-will!~"

Name Tod-3A. More words.

[pot:1+1]

NOPE

((What makes you think I'm German? I've only studied the language.))

"NOOOoooooo! I will not be defeated as crystallized salt!"
Kin attempts to scrape a new A16, B2 circle and activate it while inside it.
(Because your avatar lead back to a german school's website.)
[pot:6]
You imbue yourself with crystal instead and end up looking a lot like this:

((To all the new joiners, come join team Bismuth! Fill out most of your spellbook instantly, with ~75% words and ~25% runes! Join a team of dedicated scientists!))

"Hello there. I don't suppose you're the guy that died while on fire by any chance? Remember anything at all? Here, help me out with this since you're here."

Investigate the human I just summoned. Do some more rune science.
Guess what one of those runes is.

The black hands come and replace your limbs and leave you with a nice new corruption sign, half full.

Go to GWG. Grin maniacally and say hello. (manaical grins are default grin for LYF)
You Do the grin thing to GWG, foaming at the mouth a bit as you do.

"To the left, cha cha cha, to the right, cha cha cha~~"
More words!
[pot:6+1]
Your clothing and the ground under you are immediately soaked in booze.

[pot:2+1]
A bit too hazy to make out, but there are 2 of them.

PW: I would point out that you missed my action, but looking at my status I see that SOMETHING killed me.  Took 4529 posts, but I finally died!  Was it the boar or my own stupid self?

New stat arrangement, because I want to play differently for a bit:

Strength: 0
Endurance: 1
Speed: 1
Dexterity: 1
Awareness: 1
Potency:  0
Will:  6
Channeling: 0

Thrakor woke back up.  His head was pounding, and his body ached.   Body!  At least that was back.  He felt... different, though.  He felt less connect to the magic.  Something told him to head... up?

Head out of spawn and upstairs to the infodump monk.  Ask him these questions:

"Before I was brought here, I was chosen to fight some fellow named Null the Sealer.  Who was that?

What gods here are under the purview of mental domination?

(I know that'd be Scarlon and element control dude, but I want Mr. Monk's opinion.)
(you died to will:1-1)

You head upstairs and talk to the monk.

"We know not from whence you came or who you fought there.  The magic by which you came is that of the gods, We know little of it, save that it requires the sacrifice of many to remain functioning."

"Scarlon is best for those who prefer to stay out of combat, to move and act from the shadows. Nul-sheal is more suited to those who wish to fight more forthrightly."

"Wooden spikes, ye say? I heard wood."

ZorhalthX3 while hoping whatever is impaled isn't also flammable.
You take a deep breath and promptly let it out again as an incoherent scream as the wall of wood explodes outward; an organic, spore looking sphere blasting it's way through like a cannon ball and burying it self in the soil a good 20 feet beyond you.

"Wowie zowie."

If two followers of "Shub-shalsheil of the Inksea" worked on the same circle, would their bonuses stack?
Yep. Though with 4 people, it's already considered to be "instant" or at least only 1 turn.

Lick beer diamond until alcohol poisoning sets in, then respawn.

Reincarnate as Sanya VI. (or is it V?)
Spoiler: Sanya VI(V?) (click to show/hide)

Because I plan to die this turn, there's no autoturn on respawn unless you'd be kind enough to let me go ahead and walk over to where I died (into the forest).
It takes a long time to die of alcohol poisoning as a bear. A long time. So you do die, but no, no walking. But just no walking this turn. Feel free to do it next turn.

Hm, scientist hasn't been around in a while? Mercy-killing time!

Words.

-----
((Bah. Rookies. Oh, hey, someone is trying to chat with me IC:))

"Ah...h'lo theh. Ah ye okay?"

We'll just give ya that one.

One point.

"Holy shit. THANK YOU, OH MIGHTY BLASTEL!"

Hit it again, but in the head this time.

((If the dice are with me, I may kill a giant stone boar, with a stick. Or die horribly. Either or.))
The boar seems distracted and a bit stunned from punting Angle a half mile through several trees. Time to use it too your advantage!

[dex:4]
[str:6+1]
[master end:1+2]

You shift your grip as far down the length of the shaft as it will go, lift the staff over your head and bring it down again in a running, jumping, full force swing. You connect about halfway down the boar's face, right on the bridge of the snout and the entire front half of it's face sheers right off.

It doesn't seem to be dead yet, but it's not happy.

"Ok...maybe choosing the spooky hallway over the inviting metal door was a bad idea."

Search for a candle, torch or other light source in the crate and along the wall.   If I find any thing, light it with "Zorhalth".

If I don't find anything that I can light to guide my way, go back to the metal door muttering "Roth" and "Jubhal" along the way.  Stand to the side on which the door opens, open it and wait a few seconds to let any ambushes or traps go off without Ozzy in the line of sight.   Only then would he enter, still wary and see what he could see.

You don't see any candles or light sources around...well you suppose you could make one using the clothing in the bin. That would probably burn rather nicely. Though it would work better if you, say, soaked it in tar or booze and then stuck it at the end of a stick...
((Dont think I have replied yet sooo...))
"Tehehe"
Take my skeleton with me and have it murder the first enemy I find.

You make it all the way down to the village center without finding anything. Hmm. Maybe these places get depopulated? Should start a conservation effort. State parks for goons.

Jixiu starts humming absent-mindedly to himself. "Wait.... What was I doing again?" He shrugs."Oh well."
Go wandering aimlessly.
You wander to the ruined tavern and get a tall glass of strong booze. And then you drink until you have even less idea whats going on.

Try to levitate some sand 5 times
[will:6,5,4,1,1,-1 all]
Well it works twice. And then fails once, and then kicks sand in your eyes twice.

I'll walk upstairs, then outside, then say some words.
A mark appears on your tongue. Wonder what it does?

(Please don't eat posts, thread)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4660 on: May 03, 2013, 08:07:11 pm »

Statuses
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: May 03, 2013, 08:13:37 pm »

Inscribe rune B2 and B17 in the bottom side-by-side slots.

Um... Hm. Stand in the center small circle, or the big bottom slot if the small one is too small.

How many points is this scoring me with my deity? Shit this big I think should get me somethin' extra.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:16:23 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: May 03, 2013, 08:19:46 pm »

Put it in Pool.

Say Words to be determined!

Aether, check your PMs, I'm making a suggestion!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: May 03, 2013, 08:21:30 pm »

You haven't sent anything yet you daft bastard!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: May 03, 2013, 08:25:08 pm »

"FOR BLASTEL!"

Get out of range of its tusks if any remain. Taunt it into charging me, and dodge out of the way, swinging my staff at a leg if possible.

((My god, I am one lucky bastard. Knock on wood.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 435