Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 949298 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4770 on: May 06, 2013, 03:24:27 am »

Another thing is that Aether would probably be considered the more "vicious" team, as prior experience tends influence them, and a show of strength can be comforting to its members, as fear does tend to influence those that go against such.
((Speaking as a member of Aether, I'd like to note that any viscousness on our part is primarily caused by our loose nature; most of our members haven't been very vocal about their affiliations due to relative apathy towards this "rivalry". Admittedly the recruitment incentives have been rather aggressive perhaps overly so, however, individual members have their own private motives. I am personally dispositioned to assist people regardless of faction, provided of course, that the act is not aggressive towards other players and something I can perform with reasonable chances of success.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: May 06, 2013, 04:07:39 am »

"Well then that's annoying"
Say words then take skele-bro and find wander away from the monastery with the goal of finding things to kill (other than players)then get skele-bro to assist me in killing them.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 05:33:10 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: May 06, 2013, 09:41:28 am »

[A team wound tightly together by a sap due to their loose nature? Oh my.

More seriously though, yeah each member in a team is going to go with what to do more, so you'd find both generous and vicious players on both teams, I was just simply stating the most vocal face that is given. Being vicious isn't all bad though, it does lead to a security actually because most people don't want to mess with someone who's killed or attacked a player before, and being on the same side as that person leads to dissuasion to people wanting to assault those associated with said person.

...This is sounding remarkably like a prison. "Shank the dude who's the biggest, ain't no one gonna fuck wit' yah."]

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: May 06, 2013, 10:33:03 am »

Spoiler: Original post (click to show/hide)

Summon necromancy control ring with spell C, then give that to Angle.  If the spell fails, have my zombie tear my own necromancy ring out of my stomach and hand that to Angle.

Ask him to enhance my speed, and heal me if I gave him the original.

Then check if my plant control ring can affect the wall of thorns the boar summoned.

Edited my post yet again.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: May 06, 2013, 10:48:15 am »

Hmm... Shalzethtol Clo-Caltel Zerth
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: May 06, 2013, 10:57:43 am »

Didn't someone near the spawn have some free equipment they were handing out?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: May 06, 2013, 11:02:22 am »

I dunno.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: May 06, 2013, 05:06:55 pm »

I don't remember that. Maybe it happened at the same time I got propped against a wall somehow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: May 06, 2013, 05:15:02 pm »

Yeah, I remember. I think it was a passing idea though, never got anywhere.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: May 06, 2013, 05:16:20 pm »

At this point I get jumpy whenever someone posts in this topic because I really want to know what the hell this big rune does/ is going to do to me.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: May 06, 2013, 05:18:12 pm »

My guess? Either gives you control over every element listed, or turns you into a horrifying mish-mash of all of them. Which, without the solid rune, would probably not go well.

Or teleports you to where said elements are most prevalent. Unless you used the Zentol rune, in which case you become an eldritch abomination one eye away from eight.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4781 on: May 06, 2013, 05:33:02 pm »

I guess it will be a very impressive, very expensive firework. At least with the runes you're currently using.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: May 06, 2013, 06:52:28 pm »

I'm starting to get worried about that rune... not to mention the Derm standing IN it. Who else thinks he is one "lab-accident" away from killing us all? I do.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: May 06, 2013, 06:56:08 pm »

I'm starting to get worried about that rune... not to mention the Derm standing IN it. Who else thinks he is one "lab-accident" away from killing us all? I do.
I may want to see if I can make a diamond aura around a target. Encasing whatever comes out in solid diamond should slow it down, if nothing else.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: May 06, 2013, 07:00:27 pm »

I also can't wait to see what becomes of the Aether Spokesman. Maybe it will destroy the whole world!

...Aw carp, I gave the GM an idea. Just wait...
[6+3] Run.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 435