Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 927780 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5010 on: May 11, 2013, 07:16:52 pm »

"Now that that moment of sudden insanity's over, I suppose I should examine that rune. If I could make something like it on a slab of gold, and then hit someone with it... Or even if I can't, maybe there's some info on how to deactivate it."

Transform a butterfly into a lovely yet lens-less golden monocle (because I need to raise my devotion, not to mention be completely stylin') and examine the rune carefully, seeing if it's one of the patterns in the book, or if there are any specifics on deactivating it.
piecewise said that you need to kill someone to open it.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: May 11, 2013, 11:01:50 pm »

"Now that that moment of sudden insanity's over, I suppose I should examine that rune. If I could make something like it on a slab of gold, and then hit someone with it... Or even if I can't, maybe there's some info on how to deactivate it."

Transform a butterfly into a lovely yet lens-less golden monocle (because I need to raise my devotion, not to mention be completely stylin') and examine the rune carefully, seeing if it's one of the patterns in the book, or if there are any specifics on deactivating it.
Indeed, but I'm trying to find out who or what to kill.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #5012 on: May 12, 2013, 12:34:10 am »

((What? I didn't even get a pot roll?  Or was that a malformed spell? If it's not that then does it have something to do with the sword I picked up?))

Oh... maybe this guy can tell me stuff and about that door under the church. "Hello there mister... not crazy loony guy like the other two non-mages I've met... well the few i seen are pretty crazy too... but not in the same way. Though one did burn off my hair and eyebrows in an attempt to murder me... asshole. So I consider him pretty loony too. Ah but I didn't kill anyone yet... well I pinned one to the ground so he won't kill me and another I knocked out cold with a rock. Your not crazy like them right? I hope not, it'd be a pain in the ass if you was. Though..."

Ramble on while eventually get the rundown about souls and stuff, get a soul jar thingy from him, ask what he has in exchange for 1 magic soul, ask about the sword i found on the dead guy in hopes he might happen to know anything about it, and lastly ask about the door with the rune on it that's under the church.

If the barkeep doesn't mind, turn a chair into silver with, "Dorbaelo Hacal"

Read a little bit up in the post. I said I lost the original post and the rolls, but remembered the results, so I was just posting those without numbers. But the spell was malformed regardless.

"Oh. I can give information. Or items. Mageblood infusions, anodyne for injuries, and the like. For more souls I can sell second chances, potent brews to strengthen the flesh in ways that souls cannot. For one soul, I can tell you what that blade of yours does."

"That way used to lead to the catacombs, but it was sealed long ago by Shal the Evergrowth. If it's still sealed, he must live still."

He asks you politely not to convert his furniture into precious metals, as it makes them uncomfortable.

Indeed, but I'm trying to find out who or what to kill.
I think that first quote is talking about the same place.
Edit: Made relevant text larger and red.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:40:00 am by Vakothu »

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: May 12, 2013, 01:01:55 am »

YOU KNOW WHAT! FUDGE READING THE WHOLE THING!

Ilral Cilobad: Ripped from his life as baron of Ibashsfeshs, Ilral is just looking for a way home.

+3 Endurance
+2 Dexterity
+2 Speed
+3 Channeling

Could somebody bring me up to speed? Pretty please!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: May 12, 2013, 01:08:23 am »

((A group of players has summoned what amounts to a fuel-air bomb that is self-contained in it's own dimension in the temple grounds. They are inclined to set it on fire, or get drunk off of it.))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:19:58 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: May 12, 2013, 01:23:58 am »

Yo man, you gotta go kill some dudes to unleash a thing and kill that thing to save the world man! Righteous.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: May 12, 2013, 01:55:16 am »

((A group of players has summoned what amounts to a fuel-air bomb that is self-contained in it's own dimension in the temple grounds. They are inclined to set it on fire, or get drunk off of it.))
Little further back then that.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: May 12, 2013, 01:58:38 am »

Little further back then that.
((There's a magical seal on the church that destroys anything trying to enter it, the creator of the seal must be killed to gain access to the catacombs below it. Something near the town occasionally attacks people using their own magic as an attack vector, we have no idea what or where it is. People were fighting a giant boar. Someone is now a target for all followers of Scarlon for betraying him by switching to another god.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: May 12, 2013, 02:00:44 am »

(I am the leader of team Aether, the 100% best team in town. Join us and do Science and Fuckery all day long!)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: May 12, 2013, 03:36:06 am »

Time to sum up perplexicon.

First, there was the arena. It had 8 people, multiple floors and a lot of fighting and chaos as nobody understood magic at all.
The most useful thing to know about it is that people said a lot of words in it, and it's possible to make a huge list even though you've never played the arena phase of the game.

In the current phase of the game, everyone turned up in some kind of monastry with altars to 8 gods and an old man. According to him, we need to destroy a creature called the Other. People started worshipping the gods, forming groups and running off in random directions.

At this point in time, there's two main factions among the players, Team Aether and Team Bismuth, along with a handful of minor groups which have no more than a few people each. If you don't know many words, I believe both teams offer their entire word list to members, but you'd have to ask them about that.

I've probably missed some things but that's the gist of it.

Incidentally, if you find a spear made of arm bones or a giant beetle which answers to the name of "Sparky", the sky pirates would appreciate their return.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:35:27 am by SingularByte »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: May 12, 2013, 07:03:25 am »

Question: who do you guys think has the most words/runes/muffins figured out? Anyone with the whole book yet?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: May 12, 2013, 07:13:42 am »

I think it'll take quite some time until we actually have the whole book, there are a few page 3/4 words that are hard to exactly name.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: May 12, 2013, 07:50:13 am »

One more question: I haven't been able to find a waitlist in the OP, is this intentional?
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: May 12, 2013, 07:55:14 am »

One more question: I haven't been able to find a waitlist in the OP, is this intentional?
((Yeah, ever since PvP ended, there has been no waitlist.))

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: May 12, 2013, 08:22:24 am »

((Yeah, ever since PvP ended, there has been no waitlist.))
Yay, I get to start now! Hopefully.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 435