Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 927782 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5055 on: May 13, 2013, 05:01:41 pm »

((I suppose the best term to sum up the interactions between Bismuth and Aether is "Tsundere", considering Bismuth recently warned Aether of a dangerous rune and provided it with the fire rune; Aether has recently tested out a massive dangerous rune in full public view which Bismuth can now fully replicate and modify. I have no doubt that, should it come to that, either of the teams would help their counterpart if lives are on the line. Even if it's just so that they can gloat.))
((With the caveats that we wouldn't do so if the peril was from fighting between Bismuth and Aether. And, of course, while there's mostly only verbal tsuntsun, there's not much deredere either.))

Oh, and nice musical interlude.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: May 13, 2013, 07:28:59 pm »

It's not like they wanted to save our souls or anything, no, it was just because it might do things to OTHERS.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5057 on: May 13, 2013, 10:53:56 pm »

Oh, that's why my action wasn't in this turn...

Wonder how I missed a turn.

Words.
[pot:6]
We'll assume you walk out to the temple grounds.

You make a torso that is a strange combination of fungus and ink. The ink parts that aren't contained in something just spill out and pool on the ground.

Why in the world did you do that?

Continue ring production. Give result to Angle. Follow Angle from a safe distance. If no other cliff is found (see Angle's post) suggest the cliff path right after the "Village Sea Fork" and before the "Overlooking the Sea and the Shipyard" (the place where angle found that broken crate).
[pot:2+1]
Nope. Although thats probably for the best.

You stick with the Fungi squad.

How does willing peoples stats to increase work? Is there a cap?

Will Paris's minion's speed to increase. Will my thallids to gain springs in their legs, to allow them to jump long distances, but with a long rearm time. Will my suit to gain the same feature. Take paris and look for a nice cliff, preferably with a large open space above or below.

[will:1+2]
Nope.
[will:4+3]
Spring loaded smaller fungi men, ok.
And your suit simply isn't going to be able to use fungus like that. The fungus isn't strong enough to hurl a 2 ton mech around on springs.

Now, in terms of cliffs, Paris is suggesting the one over near the sea, but considering your size that would be a bit dangerous. Probably the easiest one is that bridge over the chasm up near the village. So we'll assume you go there; since it's basically a large walkway that bridges two sides of a very deep chasm, so it's pretty much a cliff.

Darnit. Trying to upgrade here.
Take the one less traveled by. Avoid spinning grave of robert frost. If attacked, garstopitx3 the attacker, if not attacked, say Hathic Adamenstiar Contallthelthel, with the crystal as a edge on the outside, and the diamond as the base of the blade, like how you make a diamond edged blade, but with crystals.
Well, I think the other guy is going right, but really these are both completely new territory. We'll go left regardless.

Beside the path here are several trees that have had human faces carved into them. In all there are eight carved trees and 8 faces, each different.The path ahead enters a grove of particularly large trees

The first tree has a carving of A very old man with sunken features.
The second tree has a carving of A woman, but her face is hidden behind a featureless mask
The third Tree has a carving of A very skinny man with Sharp features and slight grin
The forth tree has a carving of A man whose face is half hidden by a beard. His eyes are harsh under a heavy brow.
The fifth Tree has a carving of A man with closed eyes, slicked back hair and a cloth covering his mouth and nose.
The Sixth tree has a carving of A man with a burn scars covering most of his face
The seventh tree has a carving of A man with a face like a brick and squinting eyes
The eighth tree has a carving of A young woman with pronounced features and wide open eyes.

There are footprints in the soil here. Someone has been here recently.

Well, scratch that.
Head deeper into the forest and take the path to the right upon reaching the fork

Off to the side of the path is what looks like the remains of a stone building.Theres nothing left of the sturcture except for its foundation; a platform of square stone blocks overgrown by grass and weeds. The stones are very old and heavily weathered by the look of them; they must have been here for hundreds of years or maybe even more. The path continues forward towards a crossroads up ahead.

Go around. Ask if there's anything that needs stabbing with a beam made out of knives.
You ask your strangely specific, mildly threatening question to everyone around you, but they seem a bit more interested in the fact that they seem to have just summoned a pocket dimension.

ITS A DAMN ELEMENTAL PLANE TELEPORTER.

Quickly, words!

Also how much God favor do I get for that?
You're one point away from a new level.

[pot:5]
You summon a large plastic ring with the power to control booze.
[will:2]
*Drunken choking noises*

((Shouldn't I have 4/20 (If failed runes don't count) or 5/20 favour because of the big circle that activated, and the little ones that I made this turn?))
If the first circle stayed active, deactivate it then destroy it, afterwards examine the arm without touching it.  If it didn't stay active just examine the arm without touching it.
Edit: Then tie my rubber control staff around my waist and see if I can go into the glowing sphere, if I can, enter with complete disregard of personal safety making sure I get onto solid enough ground. ((This couldn't end badly… Not at all…))

Yeah, I just bumped you up to the first level of favor. Because why not, right?

The rubber arm looks normal enough. It doesn't have an aura around it or anything...it just looks like a rubber arm. Hmm.

You walk to the globe and slowly step inside, appearing a few feet away from derm.

Wow. That was awesome.

...Who wants to follow derm?
Say, is the circle remakeable?
The circle still exists. It's still there, active, under the globe. It has to be, otherwise the globe wouldn't remain open.

"Well, uh, I'm sure that's not worrying at all... Maybe. Er..." Glassco rubs the mark on his forehead as it burned. "Dammit, I liked Scarlon. Guess that's what I get for trying to game the system... Well, now I know, and as they say, knowledge is pain." Glassco walks back down to John, rubbing his forehead with a sour expression. What's most noticeable though is that he isn't wearing his mask anymore, what with it being destroyed. "Well John, that didn't work out like I had hoped. So... No luck getting Sparky back. Good news though, is that I think I can control diamond now. ...Which is kind of weird, really. Whatever, lets just get out of here." With that, Glassco grumbled and moved to the area outside the courtyard, on the path down. Once there, he sighs. "Just summon up as huge a chunk of diamond that you can, I'll take care of the rest."

[Accolade Discovered: God Scorned (Gain the Traitorous Mark for every deity on a single character.)]

Spoiler: Actual Rest of Actions (click to show/hide)
You cut your hand over the basin and drip blood into the bowl.

Nothing happens. The gods no longer hear your pleas.

You would think it would cap out at 1 to prevent being excessively overpowered

enchantments and shenanigans

((Also piecewise can you update my stat sheet to reflect my diamond imbuement and 3 max pool before i horribly maim myself on a poor will roll?))

[pot:4+1]
[will:5-1]

You reform the lump into a flame sword. Yay flame sword.
Touch Bear with both Hands
Dorbaelo Zoth-Hareth
X5 SAND LEVITATION!!!

Just so you see the action you missed
Clo-Caltel Shor Quielio
X5 Sand levitation!
(thats a clockwork sand whip. It wouldn't be very special)
[will:5,1,1,2,1]
haha oh wow. Well...thats one success.

"Uh... Whoa."
Rune science. Put one circle inside another.

ITS A DAMN ELEMENTAL PLANE TELEPORTER.

Quickly, words!

Also how much God favor do I get for that?

((I want to know what happens now when a SHAPE is added to that. All we used were elements, and that is INDEED pretty special.))

((Edit: Landmark post. First post on page 100, given the 50 posts per page option! This makes it probably midpage 333 for default users, though))
[pot:5+2]
First circle goes up fine with its runes as well.
[pot:4+2]
Second circle goes up fine, but you can't afford the rune.

((I thought I was fighting a boar made of stone. Unimportant.))

Search for fights to be had. ZorhalthX3
I assume you want to go deeper into the forest? Right or left at the crossroads just ahead?
[pot:1+1,3+1,4+1]
2 successes

"...So, this is what we have wrought onto our world..."
Silica steps out of the anti-magic area and says <words> and then calls out to Adrian while generating her forcefields to face the elemental plane.
"An experiment. I suppose it's a success. It is more potent than anything we could have hoped for. I recommend that you run to anti-magic zone behind me, alcohol was used in the magic circle and it seems that as a result, this elemental plane could combust with a single spark."
Afterwards, Silica moves back into the anti-magic zone.

The air is booze there? Damn... Now I need a gas-mask. How would one go about making that I wonder? Hmmm.
((How about a booze-control item and an air-control item? You could generate air and keep the booze away.))

((I want to know what happens now when a SHAPE is added to that. All we used were elements, and that is INDEED pretty special.))
((I've got feeling that if we used weapons, it might act as an arsenal-summoning spell. Needless to say, standing in it would be a rather bad idea.))

((Does anyone want to test a sword prototype? If you can use it without killing yourself, I'd be happy to give it to you.))
[pot:6+2]
You summon a spear. It's a clockwork spear. It's got a tip made of distortion dust.

Keep searching village for a villager to order to kill self messily.

I'm not in there- I guess I'll just assume I failed to find any murder targets, since my will success didn't go up.

"Glassco, eh?  Will have to remember that if I see him.  What does he look like, O Great Scarlon?"

Ask Scarlon what Glassco looks like.  Also go search for more mindless villagers to order to kill themselves.
It got eaten? Goddamn it.

Well, you didn't find anything, but I hinted that you should probably try to draw them to you somehow rather then just searching.

Also, assume you know what he looks like and where he is. Pissing off the god of knowledge is probably a bad idea, eh?

Hah.  Completely useless, especially considering I didn't get a god favor point for a dextrous action, but it was worth a chuckle.

Tell my minion to only dodge me, and see how many rapid fire punches I can hit it with in ten seconds.  Then wander off into the forest, taking a left at any forks.  If I don't end up in combat, say words.

Yeah, you didn't. Because you only get them for successes, not for failing hilariously. Flux likes it when you do cool backflips and stuff, not when you faceplant like a panda on a trampoline.

As per rapid fire punches...I know you're trying to do dex rolls here. Imma save myself a bunch of rolls.
[dex:1,4,6,6,2 -1 all]
two successes.

Left puts you at the carved totems along with archAI.

[pot:1+1]
Welp.

Look over to the beer circle. Wander to the location where most of the other Aetherites are.

"Damn, what a show. That's a powerful circle all right. Gives me ideas, it does, but... huh. Ah, no one would do that with me anyway."
I don't know who the members of any team are. I really don't want to either, for fairness sake.

So I'll just assume you walk over to them, whoever they are.

Focus on the cloud shepard and say the WORDS. Rush in and swipe at the thing with my sword.

Nice try with that spell, but it doesn't work. At least not with that particular targeting word.

Also, are you really sure you want to rush in toward the thing that is standing roughly 5 feet away from the path, on nothing but clouds?

Use "Zorhalth" to light makeshift torch.

If I succeed, explorer the darkened area and test out "Rentareeb".

If I fail, try "Zorhalth" again and then explore the darkened area.

[pot:3]
It's not much fire, but it's enough to light it.
lizard image.

You move forward into the dark room beyond  this one.

Chains tipped with manacles have been bolted into the ceiling and walls here; hundreds of restraints liter the floor and hang down from above.You have walk very carefully with your head down so as not to trip catch a rusted iron chain to the eye. There are a handful of bodies scattered around the room,rotting, each one chained to the wall either by the wrist or ankle. Each body is wearing a gray uniform, stained black where they were stabbed or shot, you can't tell which. They stare at you with empty eyes and slack jawed, skeletal grins.

There's only door out of this room, besides the one you came through, and it leads to another dark room.

I follow Glassco.

"I wonder if your old god would accept you back, or if you'd just make them even more angry. Well anyway, Adamenstiar Caoncarthel Chall-thel."
You summon a giant diamond wall. Yay giant diamond wall.

"If I learnt one thing from that Null guy, it's that preparation is at least half of wizardry. Therefore:
Harialltontal Shareeb Shaazeshelial Aels!"

If words succeed, activate mark and enter sphere.
[pot:3+1]
You gain metal wings on your heels, back , arms and head. It's kinda silly. Gonna assume thats not what you wanted.

"~Now-you-are-successfully-armed-Fast-Guy!~"

Time again to Say More Words!
[pot:5+1]

You make a goat. It looks kinda...fragile.

[pot:6+1]
Nothing.

"LIVING IS HARD!"
"Well, what is it they say? No pain, no science?"
((Is it sad I was just about to cauterize my own arm with flame-breath, then realized there is a much better LESS PAINFUL way to do this?))
"Oh, Karenthar Szaheeb Hobitaeaod Shubhallethel!"
Use the result as many times as it takes to will-fix my damn arm.
"Oh yea, booze-plane-circle-of-doom-thing"
Start moving and as soon as I'm done with the arm, run into the temple.
You get a great big old flesh rod.
[will:1+1]
Sad trombone.

((I wonder if this teleportation rune works with Zentol. Zentol Gastorpit Tentacle in that one, anyone?))

Say more words!
Silly, thats not the teleportation circle!

Nothing. Remember what I said in the OP about what you should do when casting.
[pot:3+1]
Goat image.

Clo-Caltel Garhantel Roncal-thol.

Imagine a small cylindrical item I could easily pick up with one hand and throw. Imagine it also having a flat surface on either end.
[pot:4]

You make a small brass cylinder. Ok.

"Hrmm."

Head down the rocky path. 2 dex, one end.
You end up at the Ruined Foundation, along with Saurinae.

Kill him! KILL HIM, DAMMIT!
[spd:1]
[torch spd:5]
[torch dex:1]
The torch wielder lights himself on fire and runs around screaming for several seconds before falling off a cliff.

You gain a point. I guess.

Kin tries "Hathic Zerth" after all and helps Jixiu if the torcher isn't dead.

((Can read some and get the general meaning but I can't read it perfectly anymore. I even had a strange period when I were learning Germany where most of my thoughts were in German. Fun times.))
(can you read any of the following?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s7pj5cvscka3s2/IMG_1597.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xicjb2mi24e5dm2/IMG_1598.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7pcz47t7nmb9xg/IMG_1599.JPG
I think it's in german? Not really sure.)
You make a crystal knife. It's pretty damn sharp, but you're an electric crystal man, so thats not really a problem.

Also, big hat and using crystals? Gonna take off your pants next?

"Now that that moment of sudden insanity's over, I suppose I should examine that rune. If I could make something like it on a slab of gold, and then hit someone with it... Or even if I can't, maybe there's some info on how to deactivate it."

Transform a butterfly into a lovely yet lens-less golden monocle (because I need to raise my devotion, not to mention be completely stylin') and examine the rune carefully, seeing if it's one of the patterns in the book, or if there are any specifics on deactivating it.
[will:5+1]
You summon a golden monocle.

Turns out gold is opaque.

"Blast, thwarted once again!. Oh well, least I can do this."

[will:6,1,2,4 all plus 1]

Two successes.

YOU KNOW WHAT! FUDGE READING THE WHOLE THING!

Ilral Cilobad: Ripped from his life as baron of Ibashsfeshs, Ilral is just looking for a way home.

+3 Endurance
+2 Dexterity
+2 Speed
+3 Channeling

Could somebody bring me up to speed? Pretty please!

You appear in the temple and promptly sprint your ass all the way down to the village and into the abandoned clothing shop.

I look forward to whose posts the thread eats this time.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5058 on: May 13, 2013, 10:55:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:57:40 pm by piecewise »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: May 13, 2013, 11:08:25 pm »

Quickly will away the damn booze mist.

Do things.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: May 13, 2013, 11:22:58 pm »

"~Oh-fragile-goat. Run-free-you-silly-thing!~"

Let Fragigoat do what it wants in its life. Experiment some more.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: May 13, 2013, 11:30:57 pm »

Scare the goat- maybe it's one of those fainting ones, and will shatter when it falls over.

Hmm... not working.  What else could I do?

Head out to the village center, and start screaming like a damn fool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: May 13, 2013, 11:34:53 pm »

"If you are going to ignite this place can you try to warn me first?"
Will my rubber body to grow wings, if it succeeds, fly up as far as I can, but keep enough energy to land on a leaf.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:32:00 am by Vakothu »

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: May 13, 2013, 11:35:27 pm »

This is interesting.
Dig through the ruined building looking for anything that looks interesting or magical. If nothing is found, Continue down the path
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: May 13, 2013, 11:37:16 pm »

Finish the set of circles, activate them, then go wander into the temple to align myself with that ink-sea guy.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: May 13, 2013, 11:38:30 pm »

Glassco sighs, staring at Scarlon's statue. "I'll win you back some day." He makes the bold declaration, before heading back outside to John, inspecting the giant diamond wall. "Nice, very nice. Sadly, my actions didn't quite work... Scarlon didn't want me back. Not yet at least, I still gotta work at it I think." He sighs and points his hand towards the diamond wall, makes a few funny gestures, then finally goes about making the MASTAH SHIP from it. "Well, at lest I can still do this. I just hope we don't find Sparky until I can control minds again."

Spoiler: MASTAH SHIP (click to show/hide)

[Well, can't fault me for trying.]

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5066 on: May 13, 2013, 11:56:14 pm »

Will my suit to reconfigure itself and basically become this thing, repeatedly until I get it perfect or run out of will actions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It should be relatively lightweight, and be able to cling to sheer walls, or hang off the path. Then go to the sea path cliff.

Also, what exactly does this cliff look like? Is it over the ocean or is there land below?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:48:06 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: May 14, 2013, 12:01:01 am »

Tempted to throw my sword at derm but... code of honor prevents it...

perform science
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: May 14, 2013, 12:05:08 am »

WHEEEEE!
Take tophat and put it on, find Prof. Bigf00t, speak WORDY WORDS
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:38:09 am by Dansmithers »
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: May 14, 2013, 12:49:38 am »

[Piecewise doesn't keep track who's on what team, you'll have to ask around.]
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 435