Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 927690 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5100 on: May 14, 2013, 08:08:56 pm »

Ok, also, I think that Thrakor needs to come here. A cloth over the mouth and nose sounds veerrrryyy familiar.

Null had cloth covering everything but his eyes and fingertips.  Plus, Mr. Monk had no idea who Null was, so I don't think he applies to this world.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: May 15, 2013, 03:41:02 am »

((Been REALLY busy lately so not much chance too post, @PW I should have the obsidian sword, chestplate and leggings skele has everything else))
Murder Heavy-dude with assistance from skelebro
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5102 on: May 15, 2013, 03:38:21 pm »

Quickly will away the damn booze mist.

Do things.

[will:5]
You will the booze mist away from your head, which is something you thought you'd never have to do.

[pot:2]

Thats pretty good. Solid or not, that particular substance doesn't play nice with other things. Or the ground under you.

Welp. Runes don't add to god favor though, just circles and marks.

"~Oh-fragile-goat. Run-free-you-silly-thing!~"

Let Fragigoat do what it wants in its life. Experiment some more.
[pot:5+1]
You make a little watcher creature. It looks...well as normal as a watcher ever does. However it's hopping around like it's on the moon.

Scare the goat- maybe it's one of those fainting ones, and will shatter when it falls over.

Hmm... not working.  What else could I do?

Head out to the village center, and start screaming like a damn fool.
You start screaming like an idiot down in the village center, calling out " All you crazed, half dressed, pitch fork and torch wielding nutters!" Nothing.

Hmm...Maybe something else. Fire? Icecream truck? Hmm. What attracts the mindlessly violent and horrible mutants?

"If you are going to ignite this place can you try to warn me first?"
Will my rubber body to grow wings, if it succeeds, fly up as far as I can, but keep enough energy to land on a leaf.

[will:1]
Your arms fall off.

"I am getting so tired of that."

This is interesting.
Dig through the ruined building looking for anything that looks interesting or magical. If nothing is found, Continue down the path
The ruin is fairly bare, it's walls only a foot or so high anymore. However, under the overgrown grass and weeds, the stone floor remains mostly whole, though warped and twisted by the plants growing up through it's cracks. There is what appears to be a mosaic of some sort carved into the stone, though you can only see parts of it with all the greenery in the way.

Finish the set of circles, activate them, then go wander into the temple to align myself with that ink-sea guy.
Your circle, once completed, summons a stone cube. The outer circle activates and begins drawing power from you, but doesn't do anything, as far as you can see.

You go sign up for the Inksea camp.

Glassco sighs, staring at Scarlon's statue. "I'll win you back some day." He makes the bold declaration, before heading back outside to John, inspecting the giant diamond wall. "Nice, very nice. Sadly, my actions didn't quite work... Scarlon didn't want me back. Not yet at least, I still gotta work at it I think." He sighs and points his hand towards the diamond wall, makes a few funny gestures, then finally goes about making the MASTAH SHIP from it. "Well, at lest I can still do this. I just hope we don't find Sparky until I can control minds again."

Spoiler: MASTAH SHIP (click to show/hide)

[Well, can't fault me for trying.]
[will:6,4,3,5,1,+2 all]

4 successes...lets say you get the thing formed into a bowl and then into the general ship design you want, complete with deck. However you're out of diamond.

Will my suit to reconfigure itself and basically become this thing, repeatedly until I get it perfect or run out of will actions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It should be relatively lightweight, and be able to cling to sheer walls, or hang off the path. Then go to the sea path cliff.

Also, what exactly does this cliff look like? Is it over the ocean or is there land below?
[will 4+3]
You remake the mech to be light weight and able to climb around. It undermines some of it's protective capacities and requires doing away with the missiles, but it works.

You climb your way out along the cliff, pressed right up against the wall. The cliff  is a sheer drop several hundred feet onto the base of the mountain below.

Tempted to throw my sword at derm but... code of honor prevents it...

perform science
Wait, I have you as being in the upper temple area. You can't use magic there. Well, we'll assume you run out and then back in.
[pot:6,3,1,+1 all]

Torso image, a nearby object shimmers and nothing.

WHEEEEE!
Take tophat and put it on, find Prof. Bigf00t, speak WORDY WORDS
You run back up to the temple grounds and over to Brofessor Pigfoot.
[pot:2-1]
[end:5+1]
You set your hair on fire. You pat it out before you can damage more then your sense of style.

"Argh! With my great flesh/bone rod, I WILL TRIUMPH!"
((Yea.. couldn't be helped, BTW Piecewise, I was hoping that "try as many times as it would take" would have me do up to 5 will rolls, I'm guessing you arn't going to be doing that in the future? Kind of meta-gamey))

WILL BACK MY ARM UP TO 5 TIMES! (until I have a not-bleeding, functional arm/hand again)

ALSO WORDS!
(Sorry, I just missed it, thats all)

[will:6+1]
You grow your hand back! Yay, no more going lefty for you!

[pot:5,6]
You make a wooden sphere. Alright.
You create a lump of ice. It's already starting to melt. And it's screaming psychically about that fact. Oh dear.

"Sad to hear it. Maybe you need to do something big in their name to get their attention?"

"Anyway, I've got a new spell from someone so I think it's time to try it out. Forbidden words, activate!"

[will:6]
Gonna assume the closest person is Glassco
[glassco aware:6-1]
[glassco dex:3]
[glassco end:3]
Glassco transforms into a solid cube of arcane energy thats hovering a few feet above the ground.

"I...uh...hm. Maybe those worlds were forbidden for a reason."

((Oops, wrong word.))
"He's been in there for far too long, something's wrong. Under normal circumstances, he should be out by now."
Silica says <words> outside the anti-magic area before walking back into the area.

[pot:4+2]
You summon a clockwork mortar that fires Dust shells. Thats a thing.

I don't think Kelio is what you think it is.

Let's go right. New Words.
[pot:1+1]
BURNS!
[pot:2+1]
Well, that was a bad roll also Contel isn't a word.

You join the group over at the ruined foundation.

"Hrmmm."

Head towards the crossroads.

((I have the strange feeling that those carvings are of the sealers.))

Your path crosses with another here, little more then two dirt lines through a maze of tangled undergrowth. Balls of pollen, each as large as your fist and glowing a faint yellow, drift overhead, carried on a breeze like flying laterns.The path to the south moves off in the direction of a particularly large grove of trees. The path to the north follows a dry riverbed into a shallow valley. The path to the west crosses through what, from your vantage point, looks like a particularly dark section of the forest.However, you can also make out what looks like a faint, ebbing and flowing glow coming from the same area. The path to the east runs past the ruined foundation.

What about my words? Why were they not spoken?
Tap the forth tree. Use the words from this turn, as they were not spoken for some reason.
Really I just missed them or forgot in the middle of doing your turn. We'll just say you succeeded.

You tap the tree. Nothing happens. Huh.

"Hey, guys. I've just realised that my use of booze for science could result in me turning my eyes into booze or something. And I really don't wanna ask that Zentol guy for new eyeballs or a new face or something. Is there any sort of word that would make part of me turn into booze, so I avoid it?"

Also RENTAREEB GARSTOPIT ROTHCALTAL.
A magical fart is what you have here. Like a puff of pixie dust and rotten egg smell. Your impotence has lead to nothing but failure.

Seeing as Jixiu's enemy is no more Kin does one more try at A16, B6 with the metal rod in the middle. After activation and collecting the result he goes bar.

((Sooooo bad! So hard to read. Makes my eyes bleed.))
Spoiler: Page 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Page 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Page 3 (click to show/hide)

(thanks, I figured it was an anatomical text, what with the whole "Picture of a body surrounded by his skeleton and muscles" thing. And sorry about the picture quality, it's the best I could do. Not to mention I think the actual font is pretty archaic. It's 250 years old after all.)
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFine. You head to the bar and slump down at one of the tables.

+1 Speed, I guess.
Shalzethtol Clo-Caltel Zothelthcaon
[pot:1+1]
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-dang.

((What?  Laughter doesn't gain favor?  How do comedians work then...))

Sprint In circles around Arch (Failing that, my zombie) really fast.  Then touch the third tree's face.  If nothing happens, walk down the path.  If I don't get into a fight, say words.

Arch, if my assumption is correct, you want the guy with the brick head.
[dex:2-1]

You run straight into a tree and lay crying for another turn. Luckily it was the tree you wanted to hit, so it's not all bad. Nothing happens though.

Put a point in channeling because I had totally forgotten I had that soul. I also have some tattos in my stats for some reason.

Then strike the earth!

(you don't have tattoos. just the blank tattoo place which would list tattoos if you had them.)

Your man fails. Guess he doesn't have your potency.
[pot:1]
Your magic man detonates in a massive burst of gore and arcane energy.

"Oh...well...fuck."

Try those words again, this time thinking about a wall.

Nothing.

:D PW messed up his own words, silly PW, I made an Obsidian Clockwork Whip not sand. No Thaltelsho there!
X5 sand levitation!
Grip bear w/both hands Say Dorbaelo No-Noheim Zoth-Hareth

[will:1,1,2,1,4,-1 all]
Nada.
You grant the bear a level of bear intelligence. It's still inanimate.

Huh, I thought I was making some hand grenades. Meh, I just forgot i had other actions I guess.

Clo-Caltel Caltalleth Ratheale.

Prepare to carve a circle, if the result comes through. Assuming there's no feasible way to do it when it spawns, say

Adamenstiar.

Prepare to use result to carve a cricle.

[pot:1]
[end:6-1]
You lose your right hand as it explodes into gears and air.

To see what would happen, of course! I was hoping for an ink-producing fungus, but meh.
...I think I also had another reason, but for the life of me can't remember what.

Words of SCIENCE!! Remind me to PM them later, somehow I've already gone over the limit.
[pot:5]
You summon a wax lizard, or more correctly, wax in the shape of a lizard. You try to pick it up and your hand goes right through it as though it were air.

"Stupid word order, how does it work? Let's try this:
Aels Harialltontal Shareeb Shaazeshelial."
Focus on becoming steel and fast with wings. If it works, enter the sphere.
[pot:3+1]
You become made of steel with wings. That done, you step into the globe and show up a few feet away from derm.

((Dammit, I didn't know the damn thing was flying over the cliff... Also, thanks for telling me about that word.))

Book it down to the village and look for a ghoul or something to kill instead.
[spd:5+2]
[CS spd:2]

You make it down to the village homes. You think that there might be things around here; but finding them might be difficult. Maybe if you could attract them. Or if you searched the homes.

Search for fights to be had. ZorhalthX3
I assume you want to go deeper into the forest? Right or left at the crossroads just ahead?
[pot:1+1,3+1,4+1]
2 successes
((Shouldn't I reroll that? Sha Culun, after all. In related news, I just had a slight idea. If all I'm doing is repeating that for God favor, and I always get at least a three thanks to rerolls and the plus one, why does it need to be rolled? A 2+1 is no different in my case than a 6+1. It would probably save some confusion and rolling on your part to just say 'three favor added'. Sad I figured this out after three turns of doing that and after deciding to do something else.))
(That 1+1 was actually rerolled. You only get one reroll for each roll though, and it landed on 1 again.  As per favor, you only get favor if it's 4 or above. Successes are counted as 4 and higher while failures are 3 and lower. At least for god favor. It's for both those reasons I don't give you automatic favor. Nice try though.)

Search for fights to be had. ZorhalthX3
I assume you want to go deeper into the forest? Right or left at the crossroads just ahead?
[pot:1+1,3+1,4+1]
2 successes
((Shouldn't I reroll that? Sha Culun, after all. In related news, I just had a slight idea. If all I'm doing is repeating that for God favor, and I always get at least a three thanks to rerolls and the plus one, why does it need to be rolled? A 2+1 is no different in my case than a 6+1. It would probably save some confusion and rolling on your part to just say 'three favor added'. Sad I figured this out after three turns of doing that and after deciding to do something else.))

You only get favor on a natural 6, if I remember correctly.

Also, I really hate the scumming for favor. It's just so lame! You should have to be doing something at least moderately interesting in order to get favor from a god.
First and sometimes second levels are easy to get favor for. And thats by design. But after that you'll need to be in actual combat or doing something interesting to get favor. Can't just cast fire 100 times.

Collect a restraint if possible and loop it through my belt for safekeeping, continue on into the next room while testing WORDS.
The chains are fairly well bolted to the wall, so removing them would be hard. You move on.

This chamber looks significantly more robust then the ones around it: The walls are made of stone bricks several times larger then the ones in previous rooms, and held together using iron bands. An iron box, 7 foot tall and sporting a door and view port, sits in one corner of the room.The only other structure is a podium of sorts in the center of the room; it look like a large book stand, but atop it is a metal plate with a single word engraved in it. "Zorhalth"The stones  a few feet in front of the podium are badly scorched and the entire room smells of smoke and ash.

There are several doors in here, the one to the south you came from, one to the East and another toward the north. All of them lead to more dark rooms.

[pot:5,3]
Pyramid and what you think is a chain. Both of them as shadowy images.

"Hmmm... well, the rune doesn't seem to be doing much, and I need some glass for a proper monocle anyways. Maybe there are some windows on the surface that I could smash up..."

Head to the surface with my swarm and step outside the temple. Look for any windows that I might be able to steal glass from. If attacked, mold my swarm into a throne and slam it into my foe before sitting on it and hovering out of reach. If not attacked, then form a throne anyways, and then level devotion by lifting it up and down like a mental dumbbell.
There are windows around, but none of them have glass in them; they're just bare, open holes cut in the stone.

[will:6,1,2,4,3,+1]
You reform your throne and get 2 more successes.

((Been REALLY busy lately so not much chance too post, @PW I should have the obsidian sword, chestplate and leggings skele has everything else))
Murder Heavy-dude with assistance from skelebro
This didn't show up in the other post for some reason (although the statuses reflected it) but your fight with the guy already ended. He pickaxed your skelebro to death and then you killed him and gained a soul. And then the tread ate all those dice rolls and work for it...so what the hell right?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5103 on: May 15, 2013, 03:39:42 pm »

Gotta say, you guys got real lucky about not spawning enemies this turn. Several of you are in places where the chance is 1 in 2.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: May 15, 2013, 03:43:44 pm »

Do things!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: May 15, 2013, 03:45:30 pm »

"That... wasn't intended. Glassco? Buddy? You still alive? Hello? Umm.... let's try this! Forbidden Word Reversal Technique!"

Edit: Casting a different spell, to be decided later.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:03:56 pm by SingularByte »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: May 15, 2013, 03:49:23 pm »

Check out that temple-looking place- I hear it's for Scarlon.  Pray there and ask for guidance.  If any villagers aggro me, will them into following me complacently.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: May 15, 2013, 03:50:18 pm »

The solid block of arcane energy floated for a bit. "Well, this is new." It rotated a bit until one of its faces was aiming at John. "Uh... Well, at least that didn't hurt as badly as when I turned myself into a steel chestplate. ...You know, this isn't that bad actually. A little weird, but not bad."

Unless Glassco can't speak in his current state, in which case he rotates the cube to face John, then practices spinning around a bit. Then he moves the block up and down, to signify that he's alright and in there. He'll then will the diamond to form the words "Well, this is interesting" on the ship nearby.

Spoiler: Moar Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Even More (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:15:17 pm by Xanmyral »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: May 15, 2013, 03:54:34 pm »

"Hmm.... URISTRAT RENTAREEB!"

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: May 15, 2013, 03:54:50 pm »

Ooh. RESEARCH TIME!
Clear away the greenery to get a better look at the mosaic.
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: May 15, 2013, 03:55:04 pm »

FUCK.

Retry! Clo-Caltel Caltalleth Ratheale!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: May 15, 2013, 04:01:47 pm »

"Huh. Interesting. I think I'll avoid messing with that word in future though. What should I cast next? More diamond?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: May 15, 2013, 04:07:41 pm »

The arcane cube, instead of moving up and down, rotated up and down along the x-axis. Seems Glassco is getting a better handle on moving around in it. Glassco wills more words under the ones before. "You know, this isn't that bad actually. I kind of like it. But yeah, more diamond. I can still reshape the ship in this form. Hm... Think I can make a body out of this stuff? Just plop the cube in the middle, or as the head."

[Don't forget to cross out/edit your previous actions, or else Piecewise might still try them.]

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: May 15, 2013, 04:12:21 pm »

((Already crossed it out, with a pm sent too.))

"Okay then. Here's loads of diamond. Kokareum Chall-thel Adamenstiar!"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: May 15, 2013, 04:14:24 pm »

Glassco will spend the remaining three will usages to continue shaping the ship into the form that is desired with the new diamond.

[So, I'm a solid cube of arcane energy. Sweet, now to create a diamond body suit and conquer the coasts as GlassDiamondco, the mecha man!]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:19:07 pm by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 435