Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 927721 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5385 on: May 31, 2013, 04:40:47 pm »

More Favor-Grinding then see if I can puncture a piece of the fruit's skin slightly offset from me with my rubber finger.
[pot:4,2,6]

Cage, derp, Goo.

You attempt to poke your finger through the skin of the fruit, but it's more resilient then you expected. It's like  trying to poke through a trampoline skin with your bare hands.

Also, where's mah god XP?

There's no action here...but I was sent a circle. So...
[pot:4]
You summon up a strange sort of lantern; a gold and crystal sort of thing that vaguely resembles a chandelier if you gathered all the hanging bits and pulled them up to form a makeshift handle. A fire burns brightly inside it.

((I liked the tron ghost mental image.))

Touch Angle, say words.

Well, just gonna point these two things out.

First, he'd need to come out of or at least open that mech up to let you touch him. Second, are you sure you want to do this in an enclosed space?

I am going to need a ranged weapon.
Say the words "Clo-caltel Zothelthcaon" and get ready to smash the MO with the warhammer if it gets close
[Spd:1]
[MO Speed:3+2]
[MO pot:4+2]
[MO dex:5]
[spd:2]
The owl circles around your wall, as flying things are known to do, and fires a concentrated beam of arcane energy straight at your skull.
[end:4]
Stoneskin or not, an arcane beam to the face is a bad day. Your stone skin cracks apart, taking the corrosive aspect of the blow for you but not the physical side. You practically do a backflip with how hard you're flung to the ground. It's like someone grabbed your head and spiked it into the soil.

You are a little too dazed to fight back or summon anything for the moment.
((I told you those words were non-lethal. Now, letting you know, you can still draw runes, but those are pretty tricky to use in combat))
"There. Now, if you know what's good for you, you'll keep out of my hair and from saying THAT word ever again. Now, healing, healing..."
Milo flips through the book looking for something on the subject.
"...darn, nothing. Nothing about it at all, baring changing into something completely else."
Words.

((Edit: Derm, I'll bet you put a B/C/D rune into an E slot again, or an E rune into a B/C/D slot. Or else it expected a Shape where there was an element. But "center" slots tend to be the bigger slots, meaning E slots. Just FYI, from what I gleaned))
((Edit 2: Circles I've found with slots that could reasonably be called "center" slots that aren't E slots: A28-A30, A45, A55, A57-A61, MAYBE A62-A66 (Depending on what you do and don't define as a slot), and of course !!A56!!, so most are at the very end.))

[pot:3+2]
You basically become a skinless man made of ink. It's kinda freaky.

Ooh! I have a idea! I hope this works!
Say PM words. Hope it works.
If this works, I get a catgirl!
Oh dear.
[Will:4]
You anchor yourself to the ground via your leg armor.
[pot:5+1,6+1,2+1]
Well.Who else is around here...sy,harry, that zombie and that monkey. Lets see.

[str:5,4]
[sy str:3-1,1-1]
[harry str:4-1,1-1]
[zombie str:1+1,4+1]
[Monkey str:6,3]

Well...You live. Sy's dead. Harry's dead. Zombie is dead. Monkey is dead.  None of them respawn because you ate their souls.

in other news I may need to nerf a particular word. Then again, something you guys can't SPD your wait out of might be good.

You get 3 points.

Wheres my chrome hopper fight?
 :-[
I have no idea. Lets just say you got a point.

That...is not what I thought I said.

Push torso off branch and watch it fall. Words, hopefully the right ones.
[pot:3]
Nope.

You know what Icarus' wings were made of, right?

Fuuuuuuuck yeeah.
Poke the ink. Grab the hammer, and go over to a wall. Attempt to add HAMMER to INVENTORY.

Draw on a wall, somewhere that would piss off a villiger if they're even alive anymore. Do Test Pattern Alpha.
It's already in there?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[pot:6,4,5,1]
Obsidian, Saw,electricity, dunno.

Construct the experiment room and armory, and anything else I have time for.

You carve out the experiment and armory rooms and set up some reenforcing beams and fungus lights.

Say words.  If succesfull, run through some of the grass that's burning, if it's out of the monkey's reach.  Does it burn my feet?  If not, punch the monkey.
Shout Cainthalsaz at the monkey twice, then activate the tatoo on my cloak and focus on not getting hit..

Then wonder whether good dodges allow counter-attacks.  Lastly, make sure my zombie stays away from the flaming monkey.

Got some...some bad news. Feel free to respawn with a new character though. Perhaps as some sort of black hole user hunter.

"Awwww yeah! Now we're talking!"

Shareeb Shaontrod Baltaeol Con-thorbdalion, and load the result into the crossbow. Also, check what ammo is already loaded into it.

[pot:3+1]
You get a dozen steel arrows. You try to pick them up and they move through the air like you're dragging them through syrup and then, half way up, they snap in half.

Oh.

Say WORDS I sent you two days ago. Try not to kill myself. Again.

[pot:6-1]
One stone control knife sir.

"~Silly-deer-fellow. Happy-trails!~"

Fast Dude: Attempt to slay charging zombie with deadly crystal sword. Tod-3: wave fists menacingly and hop from one foot to another defensively while waiting for pool to regenerate.

*metagaming sense tingling*

Disregard that. Just keep on moving through the clearing using whatever possible path there is to go on. If there are several, pick one randomly. JUST KEEP GOING.
Tod-4 on the way?

Continue strangulation with one hand, attempt to make a B9 rune on Flabort's face with the other.
Well...he's not attacking you...and also you can't get a good hold on him, seeing as he's made of ink. It also makes writing on him hard.

((Well, this will be entertaining. I should warn you though, Flabort is affiliated with Aether, though not directly, I have no idea what the reaction to your hostilities will be.))

*sigh* "Why is everyone randomly using that word now?"
Silica equips the stabilizer and says <words>

Spoiler: Silica's Catalogue (click to show/hide)
[pot:6+2]
You get a squirt gun.

Admittedly it's a squirt gun with the force of a fire hose.

Ancient foundation it is. Explore every nook and cranny of it while also saying "Karenthar Zara-Beth" on the ground.

((Piecewise: You might have missed the spoiler tag on the last status post.))
[pot:3]
You poot a pingpong ball sized lump of flesh out to the left.

As per this foundation, you find that strange map like mosaic set into the stone floor.

Hit the Spirit thing with my Whip-Blade.
Yell Words:
Cainthalsaz Contar Zzers

[spd:2]
[phan spd:1]
[pot:1+1]

Well...Your magic fails you and your blade goes straight through the ghost. Oh dear.  The ghost coils in  on you.

"O Mighty Scarlon, what words and runes of powers can give me natural regeneration, so that my wounds heal themselves rapidly?  I beg you to whisper your secrets to me!"

Ask for divine favor.

Something whispers in your skull.

"Ranged combat eh? I can play that."

Using the staff as a bat, find some rocks and start hitting them at the Glyph Head. If it tosses rocks at me, try and hit them back at it, unless they look too big to hit back. Then dodge the fucking rocks.

((Wonder how many souls I'll get for this.))
[spd:4]
[Glyph spd:3]
You grab a fist sized stone and toss it up into the air.
[dex:1+1]
You swing for the stands and miss by a mile. Oh. Well.

The glyph head fires a boulder the size of a shopping cart at your skull.
[Spd:2]
You're not fast enough to dodge it...but...
[dex:6+1]
[str:6]
You sweep your pole up in a blow that rends a foot deep gouge in the soil and catches the stone dead center on it's bottom. The stone's path changes rather violently from a straight line into an arc over your head. Over your head in several pieces.

"And now for some headgear. What kind of pirate mascot doesn't have a pirate hat?"
I focus on creating a black diamond, shaped as a pirate hat. ((I'll PM you the words used.))
Well...there's a clothing store a few feet away at least.

"I almost feel sorry for the livin' bits o' tha' forest. By almost I mean I'm going to enjoy this."

Zorhalth the undergrowth. Zorhalth it again. Zorhalth anything that leaves the undergrowth. Do these regardless of any other condition.
[spd:6]
[rustler spd:1+2]
[pot:6+1,4+1,4+1]
[rustler spd:4+2]
You nuke the fuck out of the undergrowth and anything in it. It makes you feel better.

"And now for some headgear. What kind of pirate mascot doesn't have a pirate hat?"
I focus on creating a black diamond, shaped as a pirate hat. ((I'll PM you the words used.))

"Hey John, 'm back. Anything happen while I was gon--Oooh, strange sphere.  Wassit do?" Glassco said as he removed the diamond restraints from his feet (Mentally if I must state) and, if successful moves towards said sphere. "Anyway... People at the temple are getting a bit wily, attacking each other and such. We best scram before we get caught up in that mess, too much to do to mess with other... What should we call them... Chosen? Sure, that works I suppose."

Spoiler: Rest O' Actions (click to show/hide)
[will:2,3,5,3,6 +2 all]
Lets say you finish up that ship there.

However, flying that via will....well it's gonna put a strain on you.

"The scale of this place, it's just s- wait, how long have I been staring at the view?"
"Hmmm... I wonder..."
Fly up to the ceiling, point palms up, and say:
"Cainthalsaz Conth Rothcaltal Noreeb!"
Try and see if anything is beyond the diamond.

Nope. But there's probably nothing out there but a horrifying sucking void.

I'm leaving on a fourteen-day trip tomorrow, most of which will be without internet or civilization.  So I've decided to have Parisbre control my actions for the duration.
Well...guess this sort of works out...kinda.

And now to search the woods for bling. Or rather, people with bling who can easily be dispatched with said bling."

Head into the forest, smashing threats with golden cannonballs if they appear.

Welp, you make it to the branching paths area without issue. Right toward the ruined foundation or left toward the totems?

Ozzy approaches the stranger carefully with his lower arms upon his weapons, and taps the newcomer on the shoulder.

"Didn't you hear me?  What are you doing here man?"

If the man turns out to be a zombie or otherwise aggressive, slam both picks into him and shout COMBAT WORDS.

Otherwise mutter TESTING WORDS.

The man remains unresponsive, just staring at the wall.

[pot:4,4]
claws, solid.

Ok, time to re-arrange my stats for faster science!

Run as far away from everyone else as possible, and commit suicide via "Zorhaltoran" Jump into it. IF I FAIL AT KILLING MYSELF TRY AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND ONE LAST TIME.

Reroll as: UBER CHANNELING!
Channeling = 9
Potency = 1

Reroll as: I'm sick of loosing body parts this often.
Channeling = 7
Potency = 3

We'll just say you stood around and bled to death.

Respawning.

"Well...."
Attempt to use sword (will) to re-ignite self then go up to the temple If I encounter flabort and eotyrannus. then intervene on the side of flabort via sword based decapitation.
[will:4+1]
You reignite yourself and run up to the fight between Lol and Inkymcmuscularsystem. 
[spd:1-2]
[Lol spd:4+2]
Lol takes advantage of your sluggishness thanks to your giant sword and skitters away from the fight.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5386 on: May 31, 2013, 04:42:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: May 31, 2013, 04:50:40 pm »

Add lantern to inventory, descend into the tree, with the lantern to light my way.

Test runes.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:07:45 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: May 31, 2013, 05:05:11 pm »

Slap inkface. Draw B9 rune on MY face.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: May 31, 2013, 05:18:36 pm »

Oops. That was NOT what was supposed to happen. Sorry, science attacks are NOT a good idea apparently. Damned words.
Apologize to the area in general. Retract diamond spikes. But before that, get +1 channeling and +2 will. Then say Shaazeshelial Zzers Adamenstiar Harialltontal.
Please do not kill me, trying to science. Was supposed to freeze the monkey so you could shatter it. Damned words.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5390 on: May 31, 2013, 05:23:30 pm »

((Whoops, yeah, my bad. Looks like I got those words mixed up. Let me try again. And Angle, open up your mech. And go outside, just in case.))

Go outside, touch Angle, say the correct words this time! And grab that necromancy ring and put it in the Armory, since Angle won't be using it anytime soon. And Angle has that stone/repulsive/acid ring, it shouldn't be in both mine and his inventory.

Slap inkface. Draw B9 rune on MY face.
((This is going to be !!Fun!!...))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:18:06 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: May 31, 2013, 05:28:27 pm »

The wax was just an adhesive, and the same has been pointed out to me.
...Let's see if a new element can be my "thing".

Words
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: May 31, 2013, 05:30:10 pm »

Runic Experiments, then try to simply will myself out of the Booze Dimension without deactivating the circle that created it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:34:03 pm by Vakothu »

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: May 31, 2013, 05:39:07 pm »

Owww..

1st thing: Drop the damn hammer.
2nd thing: Aim at the MO and say "Cainthalsaz Rothcaltal".
3rd thing: Hope for the best
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: May 31, 2013, 05:54:01 pm »

"Now'd be the time to make meself scarce, prob'ly not flame-proof jus' yet."

Words, continue my odyssey.

Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: May 31, 2013, 06:32:30 pm »

Do a little dance, then try to raise a small stone from the ground.
I shall call it... PETRIE!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: May 31, 2013, 06:38:13 pm »

Science Plan Hyper Nothing Gets Done!/b]

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: May 31, 2013, 06:41:29 pm »

But there's probably nothing out there but a horrifying sucking void.
((Is that meant to discourage me? :P ))

Try again:
Fly up to the ceiling, point palms up, and say:
"Cainthalsaz Conth Rothcaltal Noreeb!"
Try and see if anything is beyond the diamond.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: May 31, 2013, 08:31:20 pm »

i do believe it is time to ready my gear and set forth into the world again.
plus 1 to will.

say words and grab the resulting item then move to the village center. light something on fire with my sword en route and use will to lengthen the flames 5 times.

if attacked on the way, use my bow on ranged opponents and my sword+shield on melee opponents.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: May 31, 2013, 09:41:44 pm »

Luckily, I have spotty internet today & tomorrow and can solve this!

Spoiler: New Character (click to show/hide)
Immediately upon spawning, exit the building.  Say the below word.
"Ahh, Hello World!  It's good to have a body again.  Oh, I also have something to tell you: ZENTOL!
P.S. When I get back, I'm coming for you Archalngel. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 435