Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 927662 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5580 on: June 10, 2013, 03:14:54 pm »

When you have complete control over the material your ship is made from, crash landings are just redesigning opportunities.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5581 on: June 10, 2013, 03:15:40 pm »

That will likely grab you a 'spy' label.
Hmmm true. But right now im searching a group to learn overall. Basic spells that everyone knows. I dont need to know super secret stuff, so that later i may switch freely if i wish too without putting on danger my earlier group.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: June 10, 2013, 03:17:24 pm »

Everything is basic, the combinations are super secret and results are semi-randomized anyway.

For instance, Zentol is the word for Corruption. Get eight eyes and you grab a permanent game over.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: June 10, 2013, 03:18:23 pm »

Right, reminds me, where did I put that... Ah, yes. Here you go. *Wipes some dust off*

[Congratulations [Insert Name Here] Samari45 Sarzael! You've won the grand drawing, thus a free lesson! Huzzah! Please pick up your free copy of "Invocations and the Esoteric for Dummies"!
Congratulations! Not only did you earn a free lesson, you won a "My First Evocations" Starter Kit as a consolation prize! Hurrah!
Spoiler: My First Evocations (click to show/hide)
]

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5584 on: June 10, 2013, 03:19:00 pm »

Everything is basic, the combinations are super secret and results are semi-randomized anyway.

For instance, Zentol is the word for Corruption. Get eight eyes and you grab a permanent game over.
Huh? Permanent? When something is considered a permanent death?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5585 on: June 10, 2013, 03:21:08 pm »

Huh? Permanent? When something is considered a permanent death?

Right, reminds me, where did I put that... Ah, yes. Here you go. *Wipes some dust off*

[Congratulations [Insert Name Here] Samari45 Sarzael! You've won the grand drawing, thus a free lesson! Huzzah! Please pick up your free copy of "Invocations and the Esoteric for Dummies"!
Congratulations! Not only did you earn a free lesson, you won a "My First Evocations" Starter Kit as a consolation prize! Hurrah!
Spoiler: My First Evocations (click to show/hide)
]

Also thanks you.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: June 10, 2013, 03:21:29 pm »

A permanent death is where you have to create a new character, not respawn instantly with the same character.
The two ways for permanent death is maxing out your corruption (through Zentol and/or rune B9) or being killed by another player.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: June 10, 2013, 03:23:23 pm »

Don't double post.

When you use Zentol, you get a number of eyes on your stomache. 'Something' happens when you hit eight and you don't get a regular game over.

Zentol is the word for the 'Other', an Eldritch Abomination which we are collectively trying to murder.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5588 on: June 10, 2013, 03:24:06 pm »

A permanent death is where you have to create a new character, not respawn instantly with the same character.
The two ways for permanent death is maxing out your corruption (through Zentol and/or rune B9) or being killed by another player.
Oh, though permanent death meant that i wouldnt be able to join the game again. Thanks god O_O i almost farted died when i heard that i almost killed myself.

Don't double post.

Weird, pretty sure i had hit Edit.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: June 10, 2013, 03:25:20 pm »

Well, Nobody has actually hit eight corruption. I think. You very well might get booted.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: June 10, 2013, 03:25:51 pm »

Well, Nobody has actually hit eight corruption. You very well might get booted.
Does killing everyone in a flood of tentacles count? I did that.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5591 on: June 10, 2013, 03:26:46 pm »

Should the new words i added to my earlier post work now? Shareeb Shubha

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: June 10, 2013, 03:26:50 pm »

If your character dies for real, just make a new one. I personally got a back up character planned for when Glassco inevitably dies off for real.

It wouldn't of killed you right away, you need eight eyes which are gained via use of Zentol. Something minor, like killing a bug or something, might just put the mark on your body. Something major, like replacing your arms and legs (which will probably turn against you when we fight the Other, honestly) might give you four or five eyes.

EDIT: Five bucks say we see them as evil NPCs when we try to fight the Other. Don't give the Other an army!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:28:32 pm by Xanmyral »

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: June 10, 2013, 03:27:36 pm »

Slap inkface. Draw B9 rune on MY face.

"Still you insist one trying to attack me. Your words are taken away and your hands cannot get ahold of me, and still you insist. If you desire for combat so badly, then face trial by fire."
Words.
"Oops, that wasn't fire."

((At least I'm not bleeding anymore))

"DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE"

say WORDS then DECAPITATION

[Corsair spd:3
[Eot spd:5
[Flab spd:5-1]

[Eot Pot:OHSHIT]

Lol carves the sigil in his cheek and laughs like mad as the black limbs tear through the stone and the lamprey mouths open up beneath him, Milo and Corsair. Flesh tears and blackens as everyone is sucked down, Lol's maddened laughter cuts off rather abruptly.

Corsair, Lol and Flab are all...gone for now.

You'll need to make some new characters.
I think Eotyrannus hit 8 corruption in this post.

The starting temple (except the basement) is an anti-magic zone, no spells or runes work there, you'll have to get out of it (or into the basement) first.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:33:01 pm by Vakothu »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: June 10, 2013, 03:34:50 pm »

That settles it. When I make a new character, I am going to figure out how to do fails that are epic.
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 435