Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952568 times)

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5610 on: June 10, 2013, 09:27:17 pm »

Ditto on Vak
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

How can we forget the ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: June 10, 2013, 09:34:02 pm »

How can we forget the ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR?
Bonus points if she draws it charging at steve
Oh and steve using his spiked bone whip hands to decapitate people.

And all the other cool shit that happened back then, basically every second arena turn :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: June 10, 2013, 09:36:52 pm »

((Maybe a group shot of all the characters?))
Like I said, environments are more likely to be done then characters, but I can always run it past her.
((Maybe a shot of the 5 characters of Mission One - the original Bastards. Would be cool to see and easy to differentiate between them, considering that all of them have a unique, noteworthy, some would say iconic look.))
Since its so popular I'll ask her to do a group shot of some kind, but people aren't her favorite subject, especially since she tends to go for very realistic and not stylized renderings.
In Eisensteinian Roulette piecewise said that his sister was more likely to do landscapes then people, which is why I said the exterior of the Anchor of the Eight.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: June 10, 2013, 09:38:58 pm »

Waldos garden?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: June 10, 2013, 09:40:17 pm »

Just read up on ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR. Why was I not informed earlier of this masterpiece of creation? I gotta Plus that up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: June 10, 2013, 09:42:23 pm »

Some crazy stuff came out of the first generation, back when people had big stacks of soul points.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: June 10, 2013, 09:47:41 pm »

Don't forget the old "Zentol" weapons O.O
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: June 10, 2013, 09:55:06 pm »

Before that became suicide.  :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: June 10, 2013, 09:56:38 pm »

...Now I'm rather sad that we can't use Zentol anymore. Piecewise, any chance we'd get a non-suicidal Zentol-like word later?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: June 10, 2013, 09:59:29 pm »

Try the word for 'undead', that seemed pretty good when I got that big cloud of 'Adventure time Nuclear bomb' stuff. Shame I didn't have the pool for a shape word, then.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: June 10, 2013, 10:05:06 pm »

I've juggled the idea of a character who tries to speak entirely in Perplexicon words. I'm sure it's quite possible, but in order for that not to result in death, the character would probably need no CHA. Unless there's a way we can say the words without bringing about their effects.

It would be a very limiting form of speech however. Like...

"Karenthar halthel! Shaazeshelial kelio dorbaelo." Points a direction down road. "[secret word I'm using for 'you'] Trialo."

It would be an amusing idea, only those who understand what the words mean would know what the hell you're saying.
Articles, to begin with. And mundane adjectives.

And as for stuff to draw: The Altar Room?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5622 on: June 10, 2013, 11:02:58 pm »

Try to fly. If successful, join the others fliers and greet them.
You fly up and join the guy who is staring into the abyss.

"Hey, is it staring back yet? I've heard it does that."

Owowowowowowowowowow!
Fashion a slightly smaller stone into splint. Continue screaming in pain.

You continue to scream the entire time you perform your actions.

[will:5-1,5-1]
You manage to lift the stone off your foot and then cover your mushed foot in a stone sock of sorts.

You appear to be missing my god-xp again. Also it dropped by one so something got missed?

Lay right hand upon Lizard. Say words, and assuming it succeeds, ride the lizard forward. If not, just move forward by myself.

I'll just bump your favor up a few points.

[pot:6]
One controlled, strong,fast,tough lizard it is. You hop on and travel down a bit. The shadowy creatures stay away from you, skittering around you like ants as you descend into the dark. After a half an hour of vertical travel you come across something. It's another one of those root branch things that crisscross this place, but this one appears to have been purposefully carved into a bridge of sorts.

((I think the forum ate my turn when you were writing it up.))
So... this is what happens when it reaches eight...
Silica says <words>
She then aims at stormcrows and opens fire with her water rifle if they are within range of her current location.
Regardless of the outcome of her previous action, Silica walks into the room with the monks.
"How do I get rid of this corruption?"

Spoiler: Silica's Catalogue (click to show/hide)
[pot:4+2]

You summon a clockwork bow that fires arcane torsos. Thats pretty weird bro.

Mystic words of Mystery!
[pot:3+1]
Done and done. Foot tattoo tattoo'd.

Well fuck... no mystical bone whip for me.

quickly grab the sword dust/embers before they  disperse, will sword to reform whilst running to tsuchi, upon reaching him pick him up and flee toward the nearest village exit, if exits are equadistant head for the side that doesnt involve running past scarlons temple.
Also perform magic after escaping the village and archery related retaliation if any hostile actions take place within a few feet of me.

Well your sword was broken by the absolute power of failure. So it's not reforming. Now then, lets see about that tsuch thing.
[pot:6+1]
Gonna assume you meant A instead of B for that first one, since two b runes does not a circle make.

The circle glows and silvery light leaks into Tsuchi. Her skin takes on a metallic, silvery appearance, as does her blood. She keeps bleeding though.
[pot:2+1]
And your attempts to make her stronger don't go very well either.

You try to pick her up but now that she's imbued with silver she weighs around 600 pounds. So no luck.

[Post fancy because of dramatics and boredom.]

"GRRR!" Glassco practically growled at the pain of himself figuratively, or more likely literally, tearing his brain apart to lift, presumably, several hundred pounds of diamond. Every part of his body focused on a single thing, his muscles tense, eyes clenched, fingers bone white from the pressure of practically squeezing the life out of his hands. He ground his teeth together, almost audible cracks ensuing from the pressure.

The ship rose.

"AHAHAHAHAHA!" Glassco enthusiastically laughed despite the pain as he felt the ship shutter and rise. Still focused on keeping the ship hovering, he opened his eyes to give the best smile he could in current conditions, however thoughts of congratulation were gone when he saw John in pain for some reason. Trying to think of how, given if anything attacked them they would at least know, his thoughts turned to what would happen after being inside the safe cocoon. His mind turned to mental attacks eventually, remembering his old powers with Scarlon. He did see a guy with that mask walking around the village... Oh shit, the mark. Things clicked in his mind.

"Where is that masked, mind-manipulating bastard, I'll kill 'em! Where?! I'll bring the whole damn ship on 'em! HE'LL BE NOTHING BUT A CRATER!" The strain from holding several hundred pounds of diamond thirty some feet in the air seems to be affecting his rationality, the only thing seemingly to stop him being not actually knowing where the guy went in the village.

[Because when you're a Sky Pirate, while I like to preach efficiency, going with the most crazy ass idea is often what works. In a way, at least.]

Spoiler: Actual Actions (click to show/hide)

"Time to activate Plan: Dodge This! Glassco, prepare to ram the temple of Scarlon!"
I initiate my plan once Glassco's preperations are complete.
Oops. Sorry, but I have to try something again.

Commit acts of protection.

[thrak will:5+2]
[singular will:3]
John jerks suddenly and goes stiff.
[glassco aware:1-1]
Glassco doesn't notice a thing. In fact a comatose tree stump would be more likely to guess what was gonna happen next.
[singular pot:3+1]
John points toward the hull of the ship-hard to miss since he's inside it- and says words. A point of vacuum the size of a grain of rice bursts from his finger and flies directly into the wall. The instant it makes contact it explodes into a shrapnel of a thousand tiny black holes that spray in all directions. Seen from the ground, the result of the close range burst of singularities is a cloud of twisting and warping as the entire diamond ship seems to be sucked through an invisible strainer and vanish from existence.

"Welp."

John is dead
Glassco is dead

Thrakor gains 2 points.

Thrakor's favor level reaches level 2, He gains the abilities of:

Outer knowledge: Will roll based ability that can grant the user knowledge about a specific person, place or thing.

Faceless: Shifts the Agro of an NPC or Player (If they fail a will roll) onto another NPC, player or object.

Hmm, I'll summon a glass later.
For now I will use Rune Magic.
[pot:2,3,5]
Dunno, something sorta sharp looking, Gas.

One success away.

Woo!
Check the sphere for something like a timer, then head off into the mushroom forest

No timer, just a button. And off to the forest we go.
[Aware:4]
As you walk amongst the giant mushrooms you have the uncanny feeling that something is watching you. Something big.

PW: 9th god = The Other. Since it has an avatar to be summoned up, and chained away, that makes it a god, does it not?
Once the monk has given me his answer, go outside and use some words.
I suppose you could call the Other the 9th god. I was just thinking about ones you could form pacts with. I suppose you could form a pact with it too...assuming you can find a way to do that.

[pot:1+2,5+2]
Your attempt to summon a controllable man ends...messily. Hm.

Your attempt to summon a lump of flesh ends much better though.

"Fun!"

Put on nice bracelet. Say words, do will-stuff.

[pot:1+1]
"ATTEMPT FAILURE"

Hey Guys!

@PW You were saying about your sister making graphics for Perplexicon, that will (or could, no pressure) be awesome!

I've sent you a PM, but couldn't wait for a response, I'm in major procrastination mode today (exams next week, ugh).

Anyway, I wanted to make a graphic for Perplexicon myself, what is it they say? "Imitation Fanart is the greatest form of flattery".

... Can someone just tell me how to attach an image directly to a post? I could host it elsewhere on the internet but ... Yea.

My Tumblr to the rescue:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[Pot: 4,1,6 +1 all]
One lump of flesh summoned. One failure, then One fleshy human summoned.

And that doesn't do anything, but try adding a word related to the flesh lump to it.

Try again. No pain no gain and all that. Firmly but nonviolently deny Fr0stByt3 entry to the Fort.

I wonder if it is from mixing all those page 4 words together or from using that particular word. Maybe trying to boost those kind of abilities with magic gets all the required energy from you?

((@Bigfoot: think you could spoiler that image? Very nice, by the way.))

Syvarris action: and I'm copying his suggestion to me by the letter:
Try Blastel, and request "Power armor" as my weapon, just so I can see if it's possible.
And a personal request, if the above is not possible, try chair as his weapon, just so I can see if it's possible. ((Imagine a bar brawler character, with a chair and/or bottle of alcohol as his weapon!))
[pot:1+1]
HERP
[Pot:5+1]
[M roll:2]
[end:1]
The tattoo appears but something is wrong. It burns violently in your chest and you vomit blood. The burning expands outward until your chest is little more then a perverse lantern; a plume of blue flame in a blackening ribcage. You, unsurprisingly, die moments later.

You're dead. Lose one point.

"A GLAIVE!"
grab weapon then go out into the yard

I'll assume you mean the halberd like one, not the throwing weapon one.

You head out to the temple grounds.

So, you gonna join up with Kisame's band of merry Mercs?

"Well, I was hoping for something more... reactive, but I guess not."
Poke my sword out into the void, if nothing happens to it, stand on top of the diamond and look around.
You poke your sword out into the void. It hits something solid right away. The blackness peels back like a giant eyelid and reveals a massive 8 pupiled eye.

"Ah, yep, there we go." The guy behind you says, pointing at the eye. "Told ya."

The eye focuses on you and all around you, in all directions, you hear thudding. Thudding like you're inside a snowglobe and someone is tapping it. And they keep tapping it harder and harder.

"Aw geez."

"Can't touch this."

Climb one of the spears, and try and jump for the head. Smash head with staff.

((So, another Blastel worshipper. Also, nice choice of weapon.))

[spd:4]
[gh spd:4]

You run up the nearest spear while the head floats away from you.

"Goddamn it. Shoulda wished for a spear."

Haah... I-I don't have much choice...

If and only if I'm about to die before the next turn, say Zentol.

Somewhere, Mephistopheles is grinning

You say that word and the black arms come. They replace your leg with the dark flesh of the other. You feel fine again...yet you can't shake a feeling of doom hanging over you.

Ok, this is something I should probably try and diplomance.
Say hello to it, ask it what it is named. If attacked, stay away and Cainthalsaz it lots of times. If it gets to touch range aggressively, use Dorbaelo Prathel on it twice if the first time does not work.
Does my tattoo give me +1 on related rolls, or +1 to that stat?

It doesn't say anything. It kind of just stares at you. And it's +1 to rolls.

Continue along the path.

You can go north or west. North looks like it leads to some sort of floating lights, west looks like it leads somewhere...spooky.

"Oops...Seems I don't know my magic as well as I think I do and I'd hate to harm you any further."

Leave the strange man to his own devices and retrace my steps back to the processing room and take the only path I haven't already, the one to the north.

Try experimentation words.

Well, the only way you haven't come is actually a north door in this room, but whatever.

The first thing you notice as you enter this chamber is the smell; a smell of sweat and blood and bile and waste, a battle ground smell. The chamber it self is fairly large but almost entirely empty; it's lone contents being a wooden weapon rack half filled with rusted and dull blades and a short stone table or desk off on one edge of the room. The rest of the chamber is completely empty, just a flat, cut stone floor. You kneel down and examine the stones, wondering about the smell, and see the bloodstains in the gaps between the stones. And in those gaps the blood and offal have gathered until it resembled black mortar between the bricks. People have died here, died in numbers greater then you care to guess.

Theres a door off toward the East with light streaming out from under it.The only other exit is the way you came. 

Kin goes north and says "Sootheel Jubhal" aimed at the first hostile target he sees or against a tree if he meets none.
[pot:4]
You summon a copper horse statue. Okie dokie.

You eventually, after wandering through a crevice, you end up in the valley of balanced stones.

To the fort!
Some guy steps in front of you and stops you from going in. Then he bursts into flames. Ok then.

Oh... Jixiu's face falls for about .01 seconds before his face brightens again.
Ooh... I'll go.... um... He spins around, walking whichever way he ends up facing. This way! Goodbye, peoples! Try not to die!
You spin around a few times and then walk forward. Straight into the stone wall of the mountain.

Well, it was better then walking off the edge.
New char for whenever i may join (Please PM me if i forget about this and i cant join yet)

Name: Sarassh
Description: Brown short hair, he doesnt have a lot of muscle, but seems agile. Average size. Perceptive and not to bad with magic.
Atributes:
3 Speed.
2 Dexterity
1 Perception.
1 Will.
2 Channeling
1 Potency.

Also, i shall not look at known word effects! Why? Because i want to learn myself!
How brave of you. A gentlemen scientist, no doubt.

There's no waitlist any more, you jump in when you bring your sheet out. Welcome to Perplexicon, good luck and remember to respawn.
Oh good good. Hmmm. I didnt read all the pages (Mainly the first and last ones), anything i should know happened meanwhile?

Also, i look around myself, confused, and triying to find out why i just appeared here. I look on my clothes and find a book. I open it and start reading, while walking, by instinct, to the basement. I make sure no one else is around, if im alone, i say Shareeb Shubha by instinct.

Else hide.

Edit: Fixed stats.
(Make sure to bold actions, or chances are I might miss it. Bad eyes and all)

[pot:4]
You summon up a steel staff. Neato.

As far as I know Piecewise hasn't released a map, the world is much too large for that, and you can now gain souls by killing NPCs (Some of which can also use spells) and monsters.

Edit: And yes, as derm said there are teams of players, Team Aether and Team Bismuth, either derm or GreatWyrmGold is the spokesperson of Aether, and I believe parisbre56 is the spokesperson of Bismuth.
I've asked my sister to draw up a standard fantasy style map for me, so that might happen eventually.

And Without Further ado, The perplexicon, as drawn by my sister. More of her art here.
http://nancynewby.carbonmade.com/
She tells me she is available for commission because she is poor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5623 on: June 10, 2013, 11:04:38 pm »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: June 10, 2013, 11:11:15 pm »

Send the lizard across first. If it makes it all the way, follow after it. Runework while the lizard travels.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:14:52 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 435