Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 927702 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5655 on: June 11, 2013, 09:59:11 am »

NAME: Bob the Destroyer
BACKSTORY: Lol convinced Bob that it was a great idea to go read this amazing book. Bob, after a few hours of Lol having been eaten, decided to read it.
Strength: 0
Endurance: 1
Speed: 1
Dexterity: 3
Awareness: 1
Potency:  1
Will: 1
Channeling: 2

Appear!
"Whelp, this is probably going to go horribly wrong, wherever I am. Hey, look!"
Time to go do STUFF!

Well, you need an appearance, and say what you do or else you will do nothing :)
Come to pray to Flux with me :P We can be teammates.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5656 on: June 11, 2013, 10:07:50 am »

A question, will Shareeb Shaazeshelial outright kill me, or may i be able to survive made out of steel? Atleast time enough as for me to convert myself back to flesh.
((Unless you completely screw up, bodily transformations are things you will survive with full control on your body. However, some elements are inherently unstable. As Thrakor found out the hard way, having a body of electricity is vulnerable to discharging into conductors, Glassco was turned into a cube of arcane energy and he could still move and live though he died due to self-detonation when he committed suicide by ramming into the floor. Sanya turned herself into a bear and was quite functional as well. There are also, well, other traits that the Aether Science Cooperative is currently researching.))
And if you transform yourself into alcohol?
And what if you transform just a part of the body (I guess you can do that) such as a hand into a liquid?
You'll be fine unless someone drinks you or sets you on fire or does any of the other stuff that's bad for alcohol to you. I think the only elements you shouldn't turn yourself into if you want to survive are Vacuum Destruction light and Deconstruction dust (not sure about the last one)

You should probably avoid transmuting individual body parts, although you can attach other materials to them like golden wings or diamond claws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: June 11, 2013, 10:09:50 am »

I think a fullbody vacuum would be a hilarious, if short, adventure.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: June 11, 2013, 10:17:48 am »

Actually, ill-advised to turn yourself into a non-solid material without the "solid" word. Whatever that is, if I knew I'd tell yah. But yeah, without it you tend to go splat on the ground and die.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: June 11, 2013, 10:19:32 am »

A solid vacuum?  Or better yet, a goo vacuum!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
dangit broke the title
« Reply #5660 on: June 11, 2013, 10:26:18 am »

NAME: Bob the Destroyer
BACKSTORY: Lol convinced Bob that it was a great idea to go read this amazing book. Bob, after a few hours of Lol having been eaten, decided to read it.
Strength: 0
Endurance: 1
Speed: 1
Dexterity: 3
Awareness: 1
Potency:  1
Will: 1
Channeling: 2

Appear!
"Whelp, this is probably going to go horribly wrong, wherever I am. Hey, look!"
Time to go do STUFF!

Well, you need an appearance, and say what you do or else you will do nothing :)
Come to pray to Flux with me :P We can be teammates.
THE MAGICAL GM SHALL BE ABLE TO KNOW! PIECEWISE IS MAGICAL AND STUFFS!
Is he the guy that will stop me getting killed horribly? That would be nice.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: June 11, 2013, 10:28:49 am »

Actually, ill-advised to turn yourself into a non-solid material without the "solid" word. Whatever that is, if I knew I'd tell yah. But yeah, without it you tend to go splat on the ground and die.

Air works fine without the solid word. Hard to grab things, apparently, but it comes with an inability to take fall damage due to lightness. I believe the same is true of most other words that are not highly reactive (hell, arcane is highly reactive and that apparently works fine).

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: June 11, 2013, 10:29:43 am »

A solid vacuum?  Or better yet, a goo vacuum!
Personally, I've been wishing to know the solid word for no other reason than the funny idea of turning into a goo-force-solid-human and seeing where that brings me.

Air works fine without the solid word. Hard to grab things, apparently, but it comes with an inability to take fall damage due to lightness. I believe the same is true of most other words that are not highly reactive (hell, arcane is highly reactive and that apparently works fine).
I figured you used the solid word actually, huh. Perhaps if you get your POT roll high enough, it implies the solid word in there.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: June 11, 2013, 10:35:53 am »

Body-morph forms, from what I can tell, don't seem to need the solid word.  In Gen 1, I was able to make my arm electricity and my body arcane energy with no ill effects.  It may just stabilize some of the more exotic materials.

And since you're such a good sport (and I kind of did single-handedly destroy the sky pirates) check your PMs.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: June 11, 2013, 10:38:50 am »

Body-morph forms, from what I can tell, don't seem to need the solid word.  In Gen 1, I was able to make my arm electricity and my body arcane energy with no ill effects.  It may just stabilize some of the more exotic materials.

It seems to come with the solid word with it - it makes wind solid, I know that. You need to add special words, like in Larry's case (goo word to make a woodslime), to make it something different.

And it's pretty weird that it stabilizes arcane energy and not exploding light. I mean, arcane energy explodes things upon contact, yet you can walk around safely with it. An exploding light body detonates upon contact with the ground.

Hm, it's probably because the explosive light itself explodes, but arcane energy merely makes other things explode.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:42:19 am by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #5665 on: June 11, 2013, 10:43:39 am »

You punch the insulting stone sign. It sort of explodes violently as you do so. You try to grab one of the larger stones but that stone explodes as you touch it.

"Wait, shouldn't that mean the stone under my feet should be exploding too?"

"Don't second guess magic." Null says, idly picking his teeth while a stone throne rises out of the ground  for him to sit on.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: June 11, 2013, 10:51:38 am »

And since you're such a good sport (and I kind of did single-handedly destroy the sky pirates) check your PMs.

Hm, I recall people dying because the accidentally turned themselves into something without a solid word in it though... Or am I just thinking of objects and extrapolated that onto people too?

Either way though, the sky pirates aren't completely destroyed yet, the idea yet lives on. Was one of the main reasons for the Last Will and Testament of Glassco. ...Although I've been kicking around the idea of a levitating train instead of a flying ship.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: June 11, 2013, 11:14:28 am »

Lament my new leg. Consider asking the gods about their retirement plans.

Draw A26. Write A31 and A1 in the top portion, and the larger middle gets D1.

If this works anything like I expect, we'll have living plastic office plants.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: June 11, 2013, 11:30:09 am »

Hm, I recall people dying because the accidentally turned themselves into something without a solid word in it though... Or am I just thinking of objects and extrapolated that onto people too?

Several times people have attempted to change body parts, gotten a 1 pot, and changed it into an inert form.  On a non-solid element, this results in much blood loss.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: June 11, 2013, 11:44:25 am »

Either way though, the sky pirates aren't completely destroyed yet, the idea yet lives on. Was one of the main reasons for the Last Will and Testament of Glassco. ...Although I've been kicking around the idea of a levitating train instead of a flying ship.
What about a giant living castle-statue?
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 435