Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962349 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5715 on: June 14, 2013, 10:35:07 am »

The exception is black hole, by the way.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5716 on: June 14, 2013, 10:40:01 am »

And that spell i guess is Zentol? Since its potentially dangerous to the caster, and as far as i know Zentol is the only magic spell that can perma kill the caster (Due to corruption n stuff right?)
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: June 14, 2013, 11:12:54 am »

And that spell i guess is Zentol? Since its potentially dangerous to the caster, and as far as i know Zentol is the only magic spell that can perma kill the caster (Due to corruption n stuff right?)

No, Zentol invokes the Other and is mostly not worth using due to devouring you after 8 corruption points. Black hole is a different word.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: June 14, 2013, 11:57:40 am »

Zentol's probably safer, as you know when to stop.

...Has anyone tried weaponizing zentol? I think I know what to test next time Stephen needs to kill something...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5719 on: June 14, 2013, 12:00:39 pm »

I know it takes at least one corruption point to kill a monster (more depending on how powerful they are) and whenever you say Zentol anything else you say is disregarded, so it would be a very short lived weaponization. Unless you're willing to make multiple suicide-bomber characters. Which would get boring after a while. Not to mention that you would lack the firepower to go after a serious enemy, like an optional boss, a sealer or the Other himself.

What would be fun is somehow managing to contact the Other and form a pact with him, to battle against all players that seek to destroy him in exchange for power... unlimited power! Something like pledging yourself to the Other instead of one of the 8.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 12:04:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5720 on: June 14, 2013, 12:07:25 pm »

I meant using black hole to stop Zentol, not that Zentol is black hole word. I dont know Black Hole.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: June 14, 2013, 12:43:36 pm »

The Z-word appears to be a Faustian "get out jail free card."  I have yet to see it fail, other than the whole selling your soul bit.

Singularities, by comparison, tend to do their damage and be done with.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5722 on: June 14, 2013, 01:12:44 pm »

I meant using black hole to stop Zentol, not that Zentol is black hole word. I dont know Black Hole.
Well, battle happens somewhat like this (If I've made any mistakes or forgotten something important, please correct me):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So as you can see, you'll rarely get a chance to react against black holes, so you'll rarely get a chance to destroy the black hole with Zentol.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:17:50 pm by Parisbre56 »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: June 14, 2013, 01:26:28 pm »

Heh, black hole is capable of being made somewhat safer for the user. Think about trees.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5724 on: June 14, 2013, 01:28:04 pm »

I guess Black Hole is an super weird word requiring 4889489 reagents, right :P?

Out of my reach currently.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5725 on: June 14, 2013, 01:39:32 pm »

Nope, the word is fairly simple. Using it safely however, THAT takes some skill and knowledge (or luck). And defending from it takes EVEN more, since it doesn't cause damage by touching you but by its mere presence. However defending from it is possible, with the right actions or words and some luck.

Hint: You'll probably kill yourself the moment you discover that word.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: June 14, 2013, 02:06:21 pm »

Hm...I wonder what "Solid Black-Hole" would be like. Or, say, "Small Staff Control Black-Hole", perhaps.

...I wonder if there are color words or words for "Hole" and such.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: June 14, 2013, 02:14:07 pm »

At some point, I'm gonna try draw B9 on someone to see if it inflicts horribly pain at them.

Also, what about the Zentol's Eye (that thing in the cliff-hole)? Perhaps Zentol isn't the horrible eldritch beast we think he is. Perhaps he just has Blue and Orange Morality.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: June 14, 2013, 02:17:20 pm »

Come on, people- I know one of you wants to try being full-body vacuum.

Tongue vacuum would be much more hilarious, though, if only for potentially eating your own face.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: June 14, 2013, 02:21:07 pm »

Come on, people- I know one of you wants to try being full-body vacuum.

Tongue vacuum would be much more hilarious, though, if only for potentially eating your own face.
potentially eating your own face.
TEEAAACH MEEEEEEE
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 435