Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 945808 times)

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6075 on: June 25, 2013, 12:34:37 pm »

I also say we should try 1 then if it doesn't work out go to 3.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: June 25, 2013, 12:36:20 pm »

I'll most likely play anything you host, so go with what you like best.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: June 25, 2013, 12:44:33 pm »

I vote Option 1 and if that ends up not working out; Straight to Option 3.
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #6078 on: June 25, 2013, 03:11:26 pm »

((I usually don't chip in on these discussions because I feel like I've missed my chance but since this concerns not only me but also 30+ others and You Piecewise as a GM I will do my best in telling you my mind.

I'd prefer going with option 1 like many others but only if You want to, no meaning to keep it going if You find it a choir. On the off-chance You really want to do option 3 I suggest a similar yet slightly different way as Tsuchigumo550. By a plot twist everyone will end up in the Arena again only that there is a change in the magic book, a good 25% randomly chosen words, runes and effects are publicly exposed and the objective is in the middle of the gazebo (if possible). Permanent death. Last man standing. Blood for the blood god, DEATH TO THE UNBELIEVERS! *cough*

Anyway, that is just a big if and nothing else.))

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: June 25, 2013, 10:15:02 pm »

If we want to end in a huge battle, I'd suggest doing a basic Word/Rune Reveal (say what each word/rune/circle "means," but not how to use it properly) beforehand. Make it more epic.

And have the Other appear as a combatant. Any who survive once it's slain become some sort of legend or whatever in the mythos of the next game, after a turn or two of epilogue.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: June 25, 2013, 10:35:02 pm »

I agree with GWG,
If option 3 is chosen i want everyone teleported to him with a full wordlist so we can have a final showdown.

Make zentol eldritch again or unusable though, i really dont want someone hitting 8 and taking out half of our reinforcements.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: June 25, 2013, 10:36:37 pm »

Hm, point.

Unless someone wanted to defect to the Other...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: June 25, 2013, 10:38:32 pm »

Hm, point.

Unless someone wanted to defect to the Other...
GOOD THING I AM DOING THAT NEXT TURN!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: June 25, 2013, 10:46:59 pm »

Which reminds me: If we do have this Final Battle, the various people who hit 8 Corruption should show up as the Other's minions.
Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: June 25, 2013, 10:47:32 pm »

I think that was something already to be done honestly, at least that's what I was figuring the 'be back' hint was about.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: June 25, 2013, 10:59:12 pm »

((That's a grand total of one person. Who was incredibly poorly equipped for that matter.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: June 25, 2013, 11:04:59 pm »

You forgot the 3-person one way ticket that resulted when I used non-lethal retaliation and they responded with the zentol rune.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: June 25, 2013, 11:14:07 pm »

Yeah but you and Corsair didn't hit eight corruption. Anyway, you weren't exactly the most dangerous combat unit since you were researching spells rather than killing things and Corsair had a severe speed penalty. Those three still aren't that much of a threat.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6089 on: June 25, 2013, 11:34:27 pm »

I would probably prefer 1, but 3 might be interesting.  Frankly it depends more on how the gameplay of three works- you gave us the setting, but what will we be doing? 

Pre-planned ER-type missions with five-ten-twenty players? 

Players split into the gangs fighting over areas, possibly with a strategy element? 

Just a free-roam type thing like we have now, just with a different setting? 

Ect.  All of those are very different, despite being in the same setting and with the same mechanics.

And how will sciencing work in 3?  Will the gangs all know the words already, or will you still have to figure them out?  Could you share with npc gang members, making your gang stronger thanks to learning the antimagic word or something?

Would 3 change Zentol back into "Lovecraftian dimension rip"?
Basically it would be like this:

Magic is a limited resource. Having it makes you extremely dangerous, even if you don't use it, because simply having it in your body increases your stats.

The society this takes place in is basically in rapid decline because it used magic for everything and now there's little left. Kinda Mad Max, but with wizards.

Out of this spawn several groups of the magically inclined who are trying to empower themselves and control the city.

The groups are fairly diverse and are broken up by how they get magic and by how they use it. The starved magi are gluttons who stuff themselves in order to convert their own fat and flesh into magic and some aren't above cannibalism. Bloodskimmers suck magic from living things, using sacrifices to empower themselves. Expect them to be carrying bags of rodents as ammunition, of sorts.  Or the Artificers, remnants of the magical engineers guild, who build arcane machines and weaponry to battle their foes. Or then there's the outer group, what amounts to the police, the Mage Breakers, who have no magical abilities but counter with government issued anti-magic gear.

The actual map would be broken up into a few dozen sectors or areas, each with an important landmark or 3 to hold. Each sector would give the controlling party access to certain things and the territories could be fought over, won and lost.

Combine this with a system of exploring beyond the city to gather magical artifacts, researching, and slowly mastering magics. A much more strategic, open worldy, scorched earth campaign sorta deal. 

Does that make any sense?

Also, I'll throw up the current turn on thursday, since today was pretty damn busy, tomorrow I'm driving cross country and the day after that is my birthday.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:37:20 pm by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 435