Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: UI Improvement Plugins  (Read 119395 times)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
UI Improvement Plugins
« on: November 24, 2012, 09:56:06 am »

A collection of plugins for DFHack version 0.34.11 r5 that focus on improving the usability of some of the interface screens. None of these plugins change the game's behaviour in any way, they only add to the interface.

To install, copy the files for the plugins you want into "<your df folder>\hack\plugins". You will then need to enable these plugins in dfhack.init. This command will enable them all:
Code: [Select]
enable dwarfmonitor mousequery autotrade buildingplan resume zone getplants search automaterial stocks autodump automelt
Plugins are included for Windows, Linux and OSX. These plugins will only work on the latest version of DFHack (r5) downloaded from the DFHack thread

Detailed information for each plugin can be found at the forum threads linked to in the descriptions below.

All Plugins: Download

Search Plugin
Detailed Thread
Adds search functionality to screens with big lists, allowing you to filter the lists by a search pattern.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Building Planner
Detailed Thread
Allows you to place furniture (beds, chairs, etc) before they are built. The building will remain in "construction suspended" state until a suitable item is available, at which point the closest available item will be allocated to it and construction will resume automatically. You can set filters for quality, materials and decorations.

Construction Helper
Detailed Thread
A plugin that makes building constructions a bit easier by adding the following features:
  • Moves the last used material to the top of the material list
  • Allows you to assign certain materials for "auto-selected" in future construction
  • Enables rectangular selection for placing constructions, the way designations are done
  • Allows the designations if "future" constructions, i.e. allocating new constructions in open space or adjacent to constructions not yet built. This allows you to designate an entire structure in one sitting, instead of having to wait till each section is built before
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Auto Trade, Auto Melt & Auto Dump
Detailed Thread
These 3 plugins add 3 options to the query menu of any stockpile that, when set, will periodically mark any item in that stockpile to be flagged for dumping, melting (if appropriate) or moving to the trade depot (if caravans are on the map).

Stocks Screen
Detailed Thread
This plugin adds an alternative stocks interface which should hopefully make it quicker to find items. It contains a single searchable list with indicators and filters.

Pasture/Pit Assignment Filters
This extends the zone plugin to add some filter options to the list that you get when you go to assign creatures to a Pen/Pasture/Pit/Pond.

This version has been superseded by Robert's plugin that adds extra filters and an autobutcher UI. His version is included in my archive.  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124708.0

As you can see in the screenshot below, there's now a Search option, which works like my other search plugins: press 's' to get into the search field and the creature list will filter as you type. Press Enter or Esc to get back to the filtered list, to clear the search while not in typing mode hit 'shift-s'.

The other two options, "Non-Grazing" and "Currently Pastured" are probably more relevant. They act as set filters. "Non-Grazing" refers to creatures that don't need grass to survive and "Currently Pastured" refers to creatures currently assigned to any kind of zone. By default they are both printed in white, meaning every owned creature is being displayed, as is the case when you get to this list. Pressing 'g' will toggle the "Non-Grazing" text to grey and all creatures who don't need grass will disappear from the list. Similarly, 'p' will filter out every creature that's already in some pasture.

Toggling off both of these should reduce the list to grazing animals that have not been pastured, which should hopefully make it easier to make sure all your grazers are getting fed.

When you go into the assignment list for a Pit, you don't get the filters, as they are not relevant, but you will still get the freeform search option, so you can still filter down to something like "Troll", etc.

Resume
Detailed Thread
When enabled, displays a colour coded "X" over buildings and constructions that are suspended, making them easier to spot. The plugin also provides a command to resume all suspended buildings. Type "resume" in the DFHack console for usage instructions.

Dwarf Monitor
Detailed Thread
This plugin adds a number of screens to show fortress statistics:
* Show a live overlay in the game margin showing happiness levels of your citizens.
* Track all work and leisure activity in the fortress every 100 ticks over a rolling window of 3 months. This data can be displayed ingame (in variable data windows), to show how much time is spent in the fort on each activity, as a percentage. The data can also be displayed per dwarf, telling you what they've been doing and how much time they have spent on each activity.
* Summarise and total the preferences of your dwarves.

Mouse Query Tool
Detailed Thread
This plugin allows you to use the mouse to click on items, creatures, buildings, etc and have the game open the appropriate menu for it, in a somewhat context sensitive fashion. For example clicking a workshop will open the building (q)uery menuwith the cursor placed on the workshop (it simulates you pressing "q" then moving the cursor to the workshop). Clicking on a dwarf or creature will open the (v)iew menu, and so on.

It also lets you use point & click for designations (to point and click two corners, not just paint one tile at a time), constructions and buildings. It also provides a live "loo(k)" when you hover over a tile, if you have the menu panel open:

Autochop
Detailed Thread
Extended getplants plugin with automated wood chopping functionality. You can set minimum and maximum log count to keep in stock and the plugin will automatically designate and and undesignate trees to keep your stores at those levels. You may select specific burrows to chop in or let it use the whole map.

Hotkeys
Detailed Thread
Shows an ingame viewscreen with all dfhack keybindings active in current mode.

Workflow Dashboard
Detailed Thread
This is now included in DFHack r3. See the linked thread above for details.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:44:30 pm by falconne »
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Utility Plugins [New: Using the mouse as a query tool]
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:37:06 am »

thanks for awesome tools like these!

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:02:21 am »

Another random idea: clicking on the number of idle dwarfs display should zoom/select idle dwarf (like in warcraft), it would be nice if multiple clicks would select next dwarf.

dnatabar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 10:14:48 am »

Incredibly awesome!

Sadly, i found a crashing bug a few mouseclicks in :(

Having selected a workshop for example, then rightclicking anywhere really, causes a crash :/

Right clicking before selecting a workshop does not seem to cause any problems.

[Edit]

It doesn't seem to be because of having selected a workshop, as it also crashes in (k) mode
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:18:39 am by dnatabar »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 02:10:15 pm »

Incredibly awesome!

Sadly, i found a crashing bug a few mouseclicks in :(

Having selected a workshop for example, then rightclicking anywhere really, causes a crash :/

Right clicking before selecting a workshop does not seem to cause any problems.

[Edit]

It doesn't seem to be because of having selected a workshop, as it also crashes in (k) mode

Thanks for note, just fixed that and right click should now cancel the query mode. Can you try out: https://github.com/downloads/Falconne/dfhack/MouseQuery_v0.2-Windows-0.34.11.r2.zip

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Utility Plugins [New: Filters and search for pen/pasture assignment list]
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 06:20:35 am »

I've added another plugin (or extended an existing one rather), to add filtering to the zone assignment lists. Please see the updated first post for details.

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 06:55:16 pm »

These are some pretty handy sounding things. Keep up the good work o:!
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 11:50:22 pm »

The mousequery download keeps coming out corrupted.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 12:52:28 am »

The mousequery download keeps coming out corrupted.

Hmm odd... I just downloaded it, extracted, copied the dll over and started up a game to test it and it was all fine. At what stage do you get the corruption? Might have been some Github hiccups right when you were trying.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 10:45:56 am »

Aha. I think I figured it out. You're using a new version of 7zip perhaps? The built in Windows zip archiver considers the file to be corrupted. A right click and open with the newest version of 7zip seems to work. 7zip changed something recently because I'm seeing this issue in other places as well.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:47:40 am by BigD145 »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 02:02:36 pm »

Oh right, thanks for letting me know. That's a bit annoying... I'll try using explorer's built in zip from now on.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 04:25:44 pm »

There is no Linux version for any of this, short of using WINE, correct?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 04:31:22 pm »

If you check with arclance, he has built linux versions of these for the Masterwork mod (you could also download the MW mod for linux and grab the relevant plugin files from that archive).

I've been meaning to set up a Linux and OSX compile environment up for myself, just been a bit lazy to get it done. I'll look into it next week.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 05:22:12 pm »

i love the non grazing filter

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 10:46:07 am »

and in DFHack's window I see all 6 plugins say (after each error popup):
Can't load plugin (Game path)\hack\plugins\(plugin).plug.dll
I don't know if having a somewhat long path may have anything to do with it or not, and maybe that it's also not on the C:\ drive; but being DLLs, I thought that kinda avoids all that. Oddly enough, all the other DFHack plugins are not affected like this, and still run perfectly.[/spoiler]

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'll try to see if updating SDL.dll will work first, I guess. (NOTE: See last EDIT in post)

EDIT:
Nope. Fixing SDL.dll didn't do squat. Same popups and errors. Reloading (via DFHack) didn't work, unloading all and then loading all didn't work, even loading them individually didn't work. This is getting annoying now. I'm outta ideas.

EDIT EDIT:
Deleted the 6 plugins and no more errors. Just in case you ask, it seems to be just those that are giving me trouble. Everything else, including the older versions of the zone and workflow plugins work fine again. Their replacements (files provided) and the new plugins, not so much. Only other solution I can think of is doing a clean install of DF (most recent LNP even), and then adding in these plugins.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Okay, being the dumbass I am, I put 'Update DFHack' as the lowest priority in my head. So simplest solution/instruction to fix it all:
If all else fails, update DFHack before installing new plugins or finding out the source of the problem. Old version's likely the main cause.

Wouldn't hurt to add that to the DFHack FAQ or anything else DFHack Plugin related. I was an idiot so nobody else has to be. The errors mentioned above are only relevant if you have older versions of DFHack, so forget about the error reports and trying to fix them. I'm spoilering them due to no longer being relevant.

* Itnetlolor puts on his dunce cap

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Now that I have it working properly, I'm not disappointed in these plugins. They made a bunch of my work in the game a whole lot less tedious. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:29:45 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10