Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: UI Improvement Plugins  (Read 119980 times)

Trev_lite

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes the forum for its helpful members
    • View Profile
Re: Utility Plugins [New: Filters and search for pen/pasture assignment list]
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 04:52:33 am »

i'm having a similar problem but i think its because i'm using the dfhack version included in http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7207 Win 0.34.11 SDL with applied binary patches v2

i want to have both the interface mods and the bug fix but they seem to use different versions of dfhack r2

Spoiler: stderr.log (click to show/hide)

hope this can be fixed or do i need to wait for the official release of this version of dfhack and the new version of this plugin after that

thanks in advanced

EDIT: found out that its an old version of dfhack r2 (can't see internal version numbers so no way to tell which version is newer) so that is the problem. will switch over to official version when i find out how to copy the scripts and plugins that i am using over.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:06:20 pm by Trev_lite »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Utility Plugins [Updated for DFHack r3]
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 09:01:34 am »

Just a note to mention that I've updated my plugin to DFHack r3. The search and inventory monitor plugins are now included with DFHack so they are no longer in the list. I've updated my Inventory Monitor plugin thread to briefly say what's changed in r3.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 07:25:13 pm »

Awesome work falconne :D, though I've noticed that dfhack r3 already has your automaterial plugin.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 07:28:35 pm »

Awesome work falconne :D, though I've noticed that dfhack r3 already has your automaterial plugin.

Actually the version that comes with r3 is an older version of the plugin, which doesn't have box select and open space placement. The one included here is that latest and it's safe to overwrite the one in r3 with this.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 09:48:58 am »

Hi there. First of all I'd like to thank you for adding the UI integration of the "not pastured" and "grazer" filter. I was always a bit disappointed knowing (or at least assuming, judging by the lack of feedback) that probably not many people use my zone tool because it was a bit too cryptic for them. I'm pretty sure it's the same for autobutcher and when I have some free time I'll try to come up with a frontend to manage the watchlist. And add some more of the already implemented zone filters to your UI, maybe as an own subscreen since there are quite a few.

Well anyways, since you already maintain this version of zone which hooks into the pen/pasture and pit management screens I'd like to make a request rather than doing it myself right now (mostly because I'm lazy :P). I didn't look at your code but I believe you use the filter "unassigned" to get a list of "not pastured" creatures, right? Could you please add this one to the pit subscreen as well? Optimal would be a filter for "in a cage which is not built" (i.e. sitting inside a cage on a stockpile) but off the top of my head I don't remember why I didn't already add it when I wrote zone, maybe there was some kind of limitation or I just overlooked it - so "unassigned" should be fine for the time being and reduce the list to creatures in cages and some few unpastured pets. Yes it's possible to use your search function for "troll", "goblin" or whatever but after capturing tons of different creatures from the caves it's easy to lose track of all the stuff you have sitting in your cages and with tons of pastured lifestock (I tend to have huge poultry farms which is why I wrote autonestbox) it becomes quite a pain to use the ingame list for pitting, so I believe it would be an improvement to be able to cut it down to unpastured creatures.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 01:59:16 pm »

Any plans for a Linux version of this?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 10:11:21 am »

I get a crash-to-desktop when pressing 'e' or maybe 'alt-e' in the military screen. I got it twice, but cant relyably replicate it. I dont have any hotkeys set to e/alt-e. It happens when I want to open the equipment screen for squads. I know its not from modding, so it has to be one of three sources:

1. dfhack r3.
2. falconnes plugins.
3. Putnams scripts.

I will just leave that here, maybe someone knows something.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 02:42:04 pm »

The only plugin of mine that's active in the military screen is Search, though there's no search for equipment. Were you using the military search before it crashed? I've tried a number of combinations of searching in the squad screen then switching to equip, but can't replicate this. That was in vanilla so I'll try again with Masterwork later.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 03:20:36 pm »

I have no idea what caused it. But usually pressing hotkeys is something that is not modding or vanilla related. I just posted this report in 3 places, thinking that maybe some of the authors can directly say: Yep, that might be, or NO, thats not mine.

So, no worries.

It was in the current version of Masterwork (the one I just uploaded), I have not used the military search before it crashed, and I cannot reproduce it. I just noticed that it happened twice at the same moment.

Arumba also mentioned that he was talking to you about utility updates to r3 and that he has some crashes, and whatnot. So I figured it cant hurt to leave it here. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 06:47:01 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but this post is about a completely different matter.

I have a request.

Could hotkeys from the dfhack-init be overlayed into the game UI, whenever they are relevant?

For example you build a ballista, hover your cursor with 'q' above it, and automatically get a "Press Ctrl+A to aim with the ballista" in the lower right menu? It would be like your workflow. People open a workshop, and they have this little hotkey selection in the lower right. I think about everyone ever really liked that feature. I only ask because with all the options dfhack r3 offers, its very difficult for the user to remember all the hotkeys. I myself, who assigned most of them, dont remember all.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 06:34:42 am »

Any plans for a Linux version of this?

Yes there will be. I finally got around to installing an Ubuntu VM with gcc-4.5 and compiled them. will upload soon. I'm going to see if I can get OSX running in VMWare too and if so, I'd be able to include OSX versions too.

Could hotkeys from the dfhack-init be overlayed into the game UI, whenever they are relevant?

That would be useful, but it would need changes to base dfhack. Firstly the syntax for defining keybindings has to be extended to allow a description to be added (that would be the text that's displayed ingame). Also it may be necessary to do some changes to allow plugins to get at the keybinding data... but I haven't looked into that area of the code so maybe that already works. After that a plugin could be written that reads the keybinding's constraints and displays hotkeys where appropriate.

Try suggesting that in the dfhack thread, see what they think.

Well anyways, since you already maintain this version of zone which hooks into the pen/pasture and pit management screens I'd like to make a request rather than doing it myself right now (mostly because I'm lazy :P). I didn't look at your code but I believe you use the filter "unassigned" to get a list of "not pastured" creatures, right? Could you please add this one to the pit subscreen as well? Optimal would be a filter for "in a cage which is not built".

Oh did you right the original zone plugin? I'm not really maintaining it, I just decided to put my code in there because of the existing functions I would be able to use. But I might continue to do more work in it in the future. I was thinking of adding some autopasture functionality to manage farm animals. I just haven't yet come up with a UI design that's both flexible enough to be practical, but simple enough to use.

As for the cage filter, when I started writing this UI I also intended to have the filtering you're talking about for pits, but I hit some complications that made me decide to put it off. I think they were to do with cages and I think that was probably the same reason that stopped you adding that filter too. I can't remember what the problem was either... I'll look into it again. I recall thinking "Well this is annoying... but at least people can search for the trolls and goblins even if I can't make a filter for the cages".

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 10:23:13 am »

Oh did you right the original zone plugin? I'm not really maintaining it, I just decided to put my code in there because of the existing functions I would be able to use. But I might continue to do more work in it in the future. I was thinking of adding some autopasture functionality to manage farm animals. I just haven't yet come up with a UI design that's both flexible enough to be practical, but simple enough to use.

As for the cage filter, when I started writing this UI I also intended to have the filtering you're talking about for pits, but I hit some complications that made me decide to put it off. I think they were to do with cages and I think that was probably the same reason that stopped you adding that filter too. I can't remember what the problem was either... I'll look into it again. I recall thinking "Well this is annoying... but at least people can search for the trolls and goblins even if I can't make a filter for the cages".

I pondered a bit about automating pasture assignments as well. Having too much livestock pathing around in your fortress can be pretty bad for fps. In addition to autonestbox it would be cool to periodically check for non-grazers (excluding female egg-layers) and have them stuffed into a specific cage zone next to the butcher. Well one caveat is that caged creatures stop breeding so it would need to be a combination of 1x1 pastures where you keep 1 male and some females of a given race for breeding and let their offspring grow up in cages. And it would be necessary to replace the breeders once they are processed by autobutcher. For grazers this obviously won't work since most of them need big pastures with grass to stay alive - here it would be nice to at least have some way to check and announce if a pasture is too crowded by counting the grass tiles and calculating the required amount using the GRAZER tag. But well, I got preoccupied with other things so I never got around to implement any of that.

About the cages... yeah, I vaguely remember that there was some sort of problem handling creatures in cages but I can't recall the details either, I would have to take another look at it. That's why I suggested simply using the same filter for "unpastured" you are using in the pen/pasture list, shouldn't that work? It should at least remove all pastured pets which would already help a lot.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 11:51:47 am »

Falconne I think there may be a bug with right clicking and the plugin, it seems to be causing my game to crash.

Also, I am wondering, with the workflow dashboard included with r3, there is no option to edit existing constraints.  Is that because someone else made this dashboard?  Was it just removed?  Can it be added back in?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 12:30:49 pm »

ptw

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 02:35:13 pm »

Falconne I think there may be a bug with right clicking and the plugin, it seems to be causing my game to crash.

Also, I am wondering, with the workflow dashboard included with r3, there is no option to edit existing constraints.  Is that because someone else made this dashboard?  Was it just removed?  Can it be added back in?

I tried right clicking in vanilla with mousequery but didn't have a problem. I'll try it on Masterwork since you're using that, but it seems strange that would happen just in a mod. Worst case scenario we can run the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on your machine and I can remotely connect to your DF game over the internet and debug it :)

And yes, ag rewrote the dashboard in Lua so the edit capability is gone. You have to find a job in a workshop to edit it. "Edit" was actually just "add a new constraint with the new values and delete the old one". I'll see if I can add it back in.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:45:10 pm by falconne »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10