Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pulling a Migrant Plug Out.  (Read 6856 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Pulling a Migrant Plug Out.
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 07:21:34 pm »

Hooray for necropost.

But I've just gotten my first @ and he's pissing me the fuck off. I looked over the thread, trying to figure out what to do... Designating a meeting zone over him bumped him enough to get new migrants, but I want him slain. Couldn't figure out how to use cave-in properly, from the post suggested, and I'm not privy enough to minecarts to be able to properly smash him with one. Plus, when I sent my miner over to try and just surround him in a hole, he moved out of the way. I have no magma yet, can't get any of my bug-men to find my traps, and I definitely don't feel like starting a loyalty cascade. Suggestions on how to blow this guy the fuck up? He's hanging out at the edge of the map still, so I can't channel properly.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 10:57:14 pm »

Try to build a wall around him.  If he moves, it's fine and the wall is temporary anyway - once you get him sealed in on 8 sides, you can just tear down any unnecessary bits.

Make a ramp beside one of the walls around him and designate that z-level over him as a dumping zone, so they'll go up over him and throw whatever refuse you see fit down onto his head and shoulders until you appreciate the results.  Then tear down the wall and reclaim any trash that wasn't really unwanted.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 11:00:10 pm »

You've had some success in nudging him?

I'd build a drawbridge next to him, raise it, try to nudge him into the kill-zone, and then atom-smash him.  That would be my advice.  Make a slab to be engraved for him, since there won't be a body to bury.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 11:22:09 pm »

I feel silly for not thinking of throwing stuff on him. I have loads of serrated disks of doom and spiked balls of doom, that'll work.

Unfortunately, it's a moot point now... as a titan showed up on that side of the map and spat on one of the traders. Hasn't reached the other, but he's probably toast as well, since I've ordered everyone to get dafuq inside and stay there. Now we find out what the titan syndrome flavor of the week is.

And bah. I literally never make coffins anyways. Slabs and an atom-smashed body. Every. Time.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]