Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Egalitarianism thread  (Read 9485 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Egalitarianism thread
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2012, 08:29:18 pm »

Pain and misery, mostly. At first, it's just this burning itching, then it's your body telling your mind that it can't breathe this stuff, followed by the subtle bouquet of fear, panic, and either gasping or breath holding. Finally, it lingers on with the aftertaste of desperation to never have to do it again.

Of course, the last time I tasted CS, I was suffering from Pnumonia, was on a couple of different drugs for that, and had just completed the worst five kilometer walk of my life.

Aaaaand now I own my own personal gas mask for a perfectly good reason besides cosplaying
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Alpha Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2012, 08:29:45 pm »

Alpha Dwarf has gone stark raving mad!  x3

Tear gas tastes like raw jalapeņos.

Notice the double tapping, I am too young for percocetts.

OK, enough thought over our progress since WWII the European war, and American war. Truly, the problem with anti-egalitarianism is that people live by it, but large government enforces it nationally, on any in all the land.

A better model, therefore, is too allow people to live as they are but segregated if they follow that way. So much land around us and we throw millions into an eight mile square, welcome to New York, mind the rotting bum carcasses. And pigeon poop.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:32:52 pm by Alpha Dwarf »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:57 pm »

I've muted Alpha Dwarf for a week.  He/she is being reported everywhere for all sorts of things.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2012, 09:00:44 pm »

I've muted Alpha Dwarf for a week.  He/she is being reported everywhere for all sorts of things.
Good. I was about to get defensive about that NY comment. What is up with that guy. He makes less sense then brainfreez ever did.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2012, 09:05:08 pm »

Dude's either a troll or legitimately crazy.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2012, 11:12:25 pm »

Simply put, you and the people aroudn you are some of the luckiest ones in history. As LW said, the only luckier ones will be the future.

Luckier in the future, really? You're not at all worried at the constant population growth and resource consumption? Things could look very dim for the future generations.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2012, 11:17:45 pm »

Population growth is slowing down, on a relative scale. And the resource consumption... Well, for a lot of that stuff, we've actually managed to get a technological solution to them! It's no longer a "pshaw, we'll get a solution" in the manner of dismissing it, but it's an actual concrete reality!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2012, 12:05:28 am »

Yeah the population is going to cap at around 11 billion, iirc, and then go down.

Resource consumption is another beast, but we're making strides there. Definitely will be a problem; the question is how much of one.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2012, 03:06:54 am »

We could always invade Africa and displace them if we... wait a minute. I think that was tried. Maybe we should pour money into practical alternatives like nuclear power or GMOs, instead of corn subsidies and a massive oil extraction industry.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2012, 09:01:57 pm »

He makes less sense then brainfreez ever did.
Oh, I liked brainfreez, but this guy's just... wow. Would not like to meet soomeone like that in a dark alley.

We could always invade Africa and displace them if we... wait a minute. I think that was tried. Maybe we should pour money into practical alternatives like nuclear power or GMOs, instead of corn subsidies and a massive oil extraction industry.
Nuclear power's not exactly a good alternative - apart from the obvious security and waste problems, they're not cost-efficient and also too slow to build. Even France is backing off now.
But otherwise: GMO's, Desertec, offshore wind parks, a methanol economy for providing fuel etc. are all good ideas that should be (and are being) looked into. It's always interesting to see "environmentalists" turn when something happens where it's inconvenient for them, though.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]