Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 51 z-levels between cavern layers, a deep fortress, and lots of 'cotton candy'  (Read 1099 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

When I first embarked at this location everything seemed normal.  However, there was a cave-in on embark.  There was a fortress deep within the planet with a couple of entrances to the third cavern layer.  The collapse occurred inside.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  Regular, rare occurrence as I have discovered, but what was odd is that everything above the second cavern was normal, but between the second and third layers was 51 z-levels.  Checking with the DF hack reveal tool, there was roughly one adamantine spire per embark tile within this 4x4 embark along with the fortress.

How to replicate:
1) Have a clean-of-mods raws folder.
2) Download the Hermit's united files and install them into the raws folder.
3) Gen up this world:
Spoiler: world-gen (click to show/hide)
4) Embark at this location (where the ruins symbol is at):
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:24:05 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Could you redo the screenshot on a frame where the yellow X is showing? Or edit in a red circle showing where it is or something?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Could you redo the screenshot on a frame where the yellow X is showing? Or edit in a red circle showing where it is or something?
I'll need to get to my house first, but the reference until then will need to be the ruins symbol in the south-west corner of the northern-most mountains.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Like what it is now?