Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So my new fortress got a migrant from my old one.  (Read 908 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
So my new fortress got a migrant from my old one.
« on: December 03, 2012, 09:06:52 pm »

So... My new fortress just had a new wave of migrants, and guess who joined in? My old miner from another abandoned fortress. And guess how that fortress died? Tantrum spiral. The dwarves didn't like the raining nauseous filth, then you know what went on from there.
And it seems he isn't happy either. As soon as he arrived, he started throwing tantrums.

Should I throw him in the spike pit or risk the !!Fun!!?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: So my new fortress got a migrant from my old one.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 09:12:01 pm »

What? No! Let him calm down. He's a survivor. Plus, he's a dwarf. All (non-noble) dwarves deserve a chance, especially the survivors.

Maybe restrain him until his mood improves, though. The poor guy's just traumatized.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 09:18:19 pm »

True. I think this dwarf is special. He's been through alot, his description says he was forced to drink vomit. That's pretty much all there was in the old fort to drink. But now he's just "Attending a meeting" on my farm, doing nothing. He's not even a noble.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 09:23:01 pm »

Holy shit, I think he may have been the expedition leader of the old fortress.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 10:50:31 pm »

True. I think this dwarf is special. He's been through alot, his description says he was forced to drink vomit. That's pretty much all there was in the old fort to drink. But now he's just "Attending a meeting" on my farm, doing nothing. He's not even a noble.

He wants to cry on/yell at your mayor.  If successful, the mayor will get a little bad thought, and the survivor will feel somewhat better.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:57:25 pm by weenog »
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 12:04:26 am »

Hell yeah keep him happy. Survivors from your old forts are always a nice addition to new ones. However, you might have to put in some extra work to keep him happy. A bedroom and some statues are in order, unless he just skips to killing dwarves. In which case he can admire the statues from his cell.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 02:10:04 am »

I've never had the opportunity to get old dwarfs from previous forts (namely because my worlds don't last that long). I would treasure him while you can.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 04:07:31 am »

If it were me, I would train him into a battle-hardened warrior, make him go insane, and toss nobles into the pit in which he is trapped.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.