Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demon diplomat/law giver o.O  (Read 1180 times)

DompR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Demon diplomat/law giver o.O
« on: December 03, 2012, 12:19:52 pm »

So I was getting kinda bored by my last fort Inkedmoisten (I really should start checking the names before embarking) when I got the notification "A bear demonic diplomat from Somethingorother has arrived". Apparently he's the lawgiver of the human civilization around these parts :D Would killing him be enough to provoke a war with the humans? They've already lost a caravan on my lands to a goblin siege, if that's relevant. Also, if it leads to war and I retire this fort and start a new one from the same civ would I still be at war with the humans?

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
Re: Demon diplomat/law giver
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 12:25:20 pm »

These so called demon diplomats are normal.Nothing to worry about.Sometimes DF does that.Not the first time I've seen one
About the war thing:killing him directly will probably make their relationship fall down drastically to enemy status.
I don't think goblin sieges will make them be angry at you,because,well,you didn't do anything.

If you start a new fort you probably will get a clean slate with the humans because you are just another group of people but you will still be at war with goblins and such.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demon diplomat/law giver o.O
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:29:33 pm »

Killing a diplomat can lead to war, especially if a caravan is lost at the same time. It does not matter if they are killed by goblins.
If he is a demon he might have some ability to spit webs or fire or cause a syndrom. You can see that in his description.
If you start a war you should get a siege instead of the next human caravan. A while later another diplomat will arrive to make peace.
If you abandon before making peace you could theoretically still be at war in the next fort, but I'm not so sure. I think it's possible that just your group is at war, not your entire civ. In that case a new fort would start at peace.

DompR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 12:49:59 pm »

Well, he took a lot of killing (there were masterwork steel sword slashes deflected by rope reed fiber clothes and multiple strikes from my captain's candy axe glanced away, wtf?), but strangely he only used his breath attack. Aaaand he was cornered in my baroness' room, so the place is now livened up by poison dust which given her mandates lately are a plus. Now to find out what the syndrome does (and to finish the merchants, in case they didn't get the message).

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 01:03:33 pm »

Well, he took a lot of killing (there were masterwork steel sword slashes deflected by rope reed fiber clothes and multiple strikes from my captain's candy axe glanced away, wtf?),

Due to a bug, their clothing is really thick, thicker than even a spear can reach.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 01:43:56 pm »

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 02:59:07 pm »

I though diplomats were still broken?
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 03:04:36 pm »

Demon diplomats are wonderful for killing goblin sieges.  One time I even had a demon diplomat fight a goblin civ demon leader.  It was entertaining.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 08:23:26 pm »

Demon diplomats are wonderful for killing goblin sieges.  One time I even had a demon diplomat fight a goblin civ demon leader.  It was entertaining.
He must have really wanted those stonecrafts.

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 11:01:34 am »

On the other hand, they are also wonderful for killing innocent drunken dwarven bystanders. I had a human diplomat/demon actively helping in destroying a goblin ambush that somehow managed to make it into the heart of my fort. The demon used some kind of breath attack but he was not very good at aiming. At the end he killed more dwarves than goblins which ultimately led to the destruction of the entire fort by the usual means (e.g. tantrum spiral). It was also entertaining.