Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How-to-do beat up hippies?  (Read 1378 times)

Alpha Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How-to-do beat up hippies?
« on: December 04, 2012, 01:27:54 pm »

Just started fresh game in Marathon Mode, living in New Orleans, name is Kurt Krieger. I've got a fascist-uberconservative-AllAmerican-punk template going. My guy plays in a Doom Swampgas Metal band, drinks heavily while crocodile hunting, and takes trips into the Texan desert to party hard with like-minded Austin uber-punks. Now, how OH how can I smash hipsters? Can I mod some game files?

I'm playing Marathon, which if I read it rightly, means I must halt total Liberal victory.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:29:55 pm by Alpha Dwarf »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: How-to-do beat up hippies?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 01:29:59 pm »

Hipsters aren't an in game thing. Hippies, on the other hand, need some modding. I think there's an if-loop somewhere that checks a person's alignment.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 02:01:13 pm »

Incidentally, either my perception of irony is totally incorrect, or the goal of the game wasn't totally clear.

See, LCS has as a constant the goal of getting the country to full Liberal laws and lawmakers. Extended and Marathon modes don't modify that--they act to hamper the player by disabling certain in-game events that, traditionally, have purged Conservative lawmakers from a Liberal nation. You're always playing to make the country as Liberal as possible.

There is not, to the best of my knowledge, any way to play to Conservativise the nation, other than playing to lose.

Alpha Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 02:13:57 pm »

Incidentally, either my perception of irony is totally incorrect, or the goal of the game wasn't totally clear.

See, LCS has as a constant the goal of getting the country to full Liberal laws and lawmakers. Extended and Marathon modes don't modify that--they act to hamper the player by disabling certain in-game events that, traditionally, have purged Conservative lawmakers from a Liberal nation. You're always playing to make the country as Liberal as possible.

There is not, to the best of my knowledge, any way to play to Conservativise the nation, other than playing to lose.

Kurt Krieger is not trying to get those blasted false conservative gods into office, he just wants to smash hipster trash into the ground because he is loud and proud.

Clear response, what files can I mod exactly to make Hippies my enemy?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 02:32:00 pm »

So what is it now, hippies or hipsters?

Yes, there is a difference.

Alpha Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 02:35:46 pm »

So what is it now, hippies or hipsters?

Yes, there is a difference.

Kurt Krieger never knew a one. They all smell like smug.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 02:37:59 pm »

In the case of hippies that's pot he's smelling.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 04:17:20 pm »

Well, how's this for a clear response:

Grab the source code and replace every instance of "Socialite" with "Hipster". That should suffice and be relatively simple to implement, and then you can beat up most of the hipsters you see.

Alpha Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 04:30:32 pm »

That is not good enough, not trying to sound rude. Vegan co-op stands will never be permanently shutdown.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 05:38:42 pm »

Well, no, they won't, because you can never permanently shut a site down. That said, except for the very endgame, there are enough Conservatives everywhere to trigger a site shutdown via violent rampage. (And even then, it's simply a matter of getting enough of them together, which is hard when the random ideologies skew so far green.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 01:55:15 am »

Play on Nightmare mode.  Conservatives all over the place, including the Vegan Co-Op.

Not sure about Conservative Hippies.  It *should* be impossible, but for some reason I think I have seen them. nope, they can't exist because they automatically dump all wisdom into heart and are automagically liberal.  In the interim, you'll have to settle for beating up crackheads, college students, teenagers, and transients in site actions.

Also, if you wield an automatic weapon then there is always the chance of "accidentally" shooting non-conservatives.  So, you can just shoot at Conservatives in the Vegan Co-Op with hippies nearby, and hope you get "lucky".  Note that lesser-skilled characters are more likely to hit innocent bystanders.

Furthermore, you can always try to kill recruited liberals.  So, if you really want to kill hippies, first recruit them (should be relatively easy, hippies go along with almost anyone claiming to be liberal), then kill them.  Congratulations.