Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any suggested Start up builds?  (Read 3879 times)

daaad123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Any suggested Start up builds?
« on: November 08, 2012, 06:24:05 am »

Yeah, I've been experimenting with different start ups, but I haven't found any I liked. I prefer to have a leader who can seduce and persuade if possible.

Any suggestions?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any suggested Start up builds?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:05:16 pm »

8 HRT, 3 INT, 1 WIS, 4 CHA, 4 STR, 5 AGI, 6 HTH (Base Stats)

9 HRT, 4 INT, 1 WIS, 5 CHA, 5 STR, 6 AGI, 7 HTH (+1 from Last D Option)

E +2CHA
~9 HRT, 4 INT, 1 WIS, 7 CHA, 5 STR, 6 AGI, 7 HTH
A +AGI
~9 HRT, 4 INT, 1 WIS, 7 CHA, 5 STR, 7 AGI, 7 HTH
A +AGI
~9 HRT, 4 INT, 1 WIS, 7 CHA, 5 STR, 8 AGI, 7 HTH
C
B +2CHA
~9 HRT, 4 INT, 1 WIS, 9 CHA, 5 STR, 8 AGI, 7 HTH
E
A +INT
~9 HRT, 5 INT, 1 WIS, 9 CHA, 5 STR, 8 AGI, 7 HTH
E +INT
~9 HRT, 6 INT, 1 WIS, 9 CHA, 5 STR, 8 AGI, 7 HTH
B
D +1INT, +1AGI, +2HTH
~9 HRT, 7 INT, 1 WIS, 9 CHA, 5 STR, 9 AGI, 9 HTH

This is what I personally would use...  Optimally Averaged...  In my opinion anyways.

The 2 non stat ones give law and teaching.. if I remember right.

optimal stat (Yes, I still search the sub-forum for this particular post...)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 07:36:31 pm »

Zangi's stat distribution makes sense from the pure-stat and, given xyr choice of the AK, the combat perspective.  (I'm more of a covert operator.)  I've a little trouble following it as written, but presume that the answers read down from the E +2CHA.

What I'm particularly impressed by is the fact that no stat exceeds 10 at startup.  Skills effectively cap at 20 in my experience, and a Founder with a starting stat of 10+ will therefore have more room in the skill-cap than xe can effectively use, once xe hits Elite Liberal.

Problem is, some skills really shouldn't start from 0 and aren't easy to get trained.  Sword, Law, and Security are probably the most pressing options available.  (Veterans and Black Belts are good sources of the first few points in firearms & Martial Arts, but Sword skill is rare; Law needs people who have a clear sleeper function, and Security can't be done with >1 point.)

Fortunately, Persuade and Seduction are both reasonably safe to grind from start--just find Highschool Dropouts, Teenagers, or Hppies and successfully meet with them for Persuade, and successfully pick up people for Seduction.  (Dating well enough to maintain the affair gives Seduction XP as well, and Romance Interest(s) provide a slow trickle of Seduction XP.)

I'd recommend a little more INT and perhaps the car in question 9.  The lawyer may or may not be good--but definitely takes up a Romance slot--the $1K is easy to come by once you get petty-thieving down, and assault rifles are pretty easy to find at the MilBase.  (Having an AK may be cool, but it's functionally identical to the M16 in LCS.)  Maps could also be handy for thieves.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 08:31:33 pm »

Looking back, I used to think that the lawyer was the best item choice, but yeah, the bug probably is. At 2500, it costs a lot, is not an urgent purchase, but getting it earlier means you can train driving earlier, and easier, since, I think, every time you drive to and from a site gives you xp for driving.

Also, despite playing since 3.09, I JUST realized that dating means taking the person to a hotel for the night, and not a normal date.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

daaad123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 12:33:31 am »

So, went with that build, quickly ended up with a sleeper network of 50+

Then my second in command is imprisoned for 35 years...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 12:11:29 pm »

Eh, yea, its been a long time since I've taken a good look at my stat set-up.  Mostly cause I'm pretty experienced with the base mechanics and can get over whatever hurdles.  You can easily switch between the +2 Cha or the +2 Int.  I think I originally decided that Cha is overall more useful then Int... since it lowers the grind for persuasion/seduction of potential 2nd-in-commands and persons of excellence.
Int would be more useful if you are alone... I guess... its been too long.

http://lcs.wikidot.com/questions
Location is not obvious due to the wiki layout... if you wanna mess with it yourself.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:14:07 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 09:25:34 am »

I like a founder with security and first aid skills, as they are just handy.  Playing on nightmare I always go for high agility build, its just handy.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 12:17:58 pm »

I think intelligence is more important then charisma, for three reasons.

Psychology is based off intelligence, and while the whole process also needs charisma and heart, being able to get psychology high helps beat certain conservatives, and, leading into point 2.

It lets you get higher teach. Being able to take locksmithing/acting/first aid/whatever classes for a month, then heading back to the HQ and teaching everyone at a very high rate is extremely useful.

Third, tailoring. 14 tailoring 14 intelligence makes seal suits above average, and heavy armor hard. Pretty much everything else is simple at that point. Not to mention instantly repairing and debloodying clothing you loot.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 02:38:29 pm »

I like to go for all A except the 'D: Surviving alone' option because it gets you just about the best stats.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 03:34:07 pm »

That's entirely subjective. You get lots of AGI and INT, but the other options would increase your other stats by just as much.

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 01:40:32 pm »

That's entirely subjective. You get lots of AGI and INT, but the other options would increase your other stats by just as much.

True.  I am biased in favor of agility since I like to use my founder as a shooter.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 07:05:14 pm »

I think you should consider your agenda. I've used three builds: one emphasizing E answers, but choosing the 1000$ or the sleeper at the end. This lets you quickly invest in a cheap hideout and start kidnapping and brainwashing conservatives. The A route is perfect for a thief, which is great in this game since a thief can do a quick fundraising run to fund whatever it is your other liberals are doing (e.g. expensive dates for the sexual revolution, instruments and medical care for the musical war squad etc.)

If you want to run a militant gang, the thug options are the best, if you want to form the equivalent of Anonymous, go with every mention of computers. There is no perfect build (though a smart, charming thief is, for my purposes, the best you can get)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 02:08:41 pm »

I use CEEDADECEE a lot, personally. Simply because I like using my founder for seduction, which requires a boatload of skills to pull off reliably on Conservative targets.

It does, however, leave me needing to find someone else with Stealth and Security to teach my liberal thieves. Might be worth a bit more A somewhere in there.