Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Surface City....  (Read 5898 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surface City....
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 12:34:10 pm »

Just make some clothing sets and take them to his enclosure; you could, say, drop them from above. Also, you could add some nice furniture to look at, what about windows? Nothing better than sunlinght for the undead. You could have him bound to a very nice chain, too.

I walled him up.   :o

Anyway, he has a three room apartment all engraved, with a bed, cabinet, two chairs and two tables, with two doors (third door was replaced by a wall).

So hard to deliver stuff to him...also I figured that if nobody could get to him, besides ghosts, nobody could kill them.  So my Fortress lasts FOREVER!  Or something like that.  If he goes insane I just give his job to the Manger.

If I did dig a hole to dump stuff to him could creatures get in to kill them?  Maybe a floodgate to keep unwanted out of the access tunnel?

We had another wave of people - my Fortress's wealth seems to be making it harder to house people.  Each wave of new citizens is bigger than the last.  My Tourist Mug Industry is doing TOO good a job.  We now have 113 citizens.   

Mind you, they're wonderfully made mugs.  You'll want to collect them all!  Or give them as gifts to your family members!  Remember the best mugs are crafted at Manorfigure  - The Manor of Brilliance!
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 01:35:59 pm »

Undestroyable: Raised Drawbridge, Constructed Walls, artifacts.
Destroyable: anything else.
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2013, 02:54:32 pm »

Undestroyable: Raised Drawbridge, Constructed Walls, artifacts.
Destroyable: anything else.

Right.  So I am leaving the vampire alone.    :)

I have now, 131 or something Dwarfs.

Do you think I have enough booze and food?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
;D

Funny, I don't think I have had so much food, even in a Fortress with 200 plus Dwarfs.  I think it is all the hunters, farmers, fishermen in my populace.  Now if I could just get the metal industry to WORK!

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2013, 04:25:17 pm »

thanks to liberal usage of cage traps, combination of cave croc, grizzly bear, lion, GCS, kitten and dog farming, as well as massive amounts of elk birds,

this is where i am now. i'm actually trying to sell as much meat as possible because i'm too overstocked.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2013, 05:34:51 pm »

thanks to liberal usage of cage traps, combination of cave croc, grizzly bear, lion, GCS, kitten and dog farming, as well as massive amounts of elk birds,

this is where i am now. i'm actually trying to sell as much meat as possible because i'm too overstocked.

COOL!  How did you get so much to drink?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 12:15:13 pm »

Update using Stonesense.  The outside is getting along.  I hope, once I hit 200, things will settle down and allow me to get on with building the living quarters for all the classes.  Plus some extra bedrooms and houses for surplus people.  Have three barracks now and the Great Hall is almost finished.  The Baroness has calmed down (well, she forgot her last mandate) and now have two vampires on staff.  Been visited by the human diplomat, who was a Law-Giver (not related to MST3K to my knowledge) and a vampire.  Seemed to fit right in.   8)

Outside - working on the south wall and started a house. The first of many I hope to build against that wall.

North and west walls - the gate has been linked to a lever near the Depot - and the construction of houses and protective roofs for the workshops continues, with only a few slow downs.  Plan to have a west gate and a south gate, all linked to the same lever.  Want to keep pathways open for traders and my own hunters, woodmen, and fishermen.

A large human caravan arrived, with at least three wagons and a dozen yaks piled high with goods.  I even dumped some stuff I do not want on them in the form of a offering.   
As you can see the pig pen has even more beds in it.  The pigs are complaining about the smell.  And there seems to be another party at the well.   ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]