Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Street brawls?  (Read 858 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Street brawls?
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:57:54 pm »

I was thinking in DF right now are there gangs of old dwarven veteran's who can clump up and start fights with other gangs?
I think it would be funny to have a one-armed dwarf fist fighting with other dwarves for gang power and all that. any idea's? or i just a stupid head?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Street brawls?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:33:59 pm »

I would quite enjoy multiple factions within the fort.
Gangs would be cool, especially if they had a purpose, like a band of vampire hunters, or a disbanded military squad.
A one-legged dwarf attacking his enemies with a crutch would be funny.

I hope one day riots and gangs fighting each other will replace tantrum spirals.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
Re: Street brawls?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:23:37 am »

I do also think that dwarf-made squads or otherwise passive-squads would be cool. You could be playing when suddenly "Some dwarves have created the Children of the Leatherjackets"

The Children of Leatherjackets are fighting the Demonangels!
Urist McNormal cancels work: Gang violence. X999

It would be cool to also see a fortress not die because of a bunch of insane people killing eachother, but a bunch of insane people killing other insane people. Maybe reclaims would still have some of these gangs around, and you'd have to fight them off or talk with 'em to get them to join.