Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play Dwarf Fortress 2013 [Suggestions, Questions, Etc.]  (Read 789 times)

Zizzs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress 2013 [Suggestions, Questions, Etc.]
« on: December 07, 2012, 04:47:41 pm »

So I'm planning on making a new Let's Play series (My first one ever) for the new year! Since I already have a reddit thread up, I'll link the thread and just copypasta the stuff over here for your convenience!

Before reading, I have a question about Recording. I've seen that fraps can be used if the Print_Mode is changed to Standard? Also, what are some decent video editing software tools out there? I doubt I'll need much, and windows movie maker is absolutely horrid.

Okay, so I posted a thread about a week ago asking if anyone was interested in a new Let's Play. There was a decent amount of interest, so I've decided that I'm going to attempt my own!
Before I started, I wanted to ask y'all(The viewers), what you would like! Highest comment per question's answer will be the winner. So upvote your favorite!
(If requested), What would you like the fort to be named?
I'm interested in using Masterwork, as I'd be new to the mod and would be learning as I go. Would you rather see Vanilla DF or Masterwork(Noob mode - Guaranteed !!FUN!!)
What type of location shall I embark in? (I'd like this to be a fairly successful Let's Play, so I'd rather not embark on a glacier or some sinister area)
Would anyone like to see some ridiculous things? (I'll take note on what is requested and will attempt my best during the course of the Let's Play to make it happen! [Child Genocide?])
I'm thinking that I will name the dwarves after the viewers, possible from the youtube comments or on here. Is this preferred?
I will attempt to make it as !!FUN!! as possible, so I'd most likely stay away from mass trapping, or any 'exploits'. As I'm interested in Masterwork, this might not be an issue.
As I've never done a Let's Play, I'll probably spend the time between now and next week figuring out how to get it all working. Any tips on programs to use and such?
Edit: I have another question for yall:
Would you prefer this to be a 100% Let's Play with the assumption that everyone watching knows how to play? Or should I make it a Let's Play with a little bit of tutorial (Explanations here and there explaining what I'm doing with keybinds and such)