Xyz
- 8 (32%)
Ritual
- 5 (20%)
Something else (State down)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! on DuelingNetwork-YGOPro  (Read 27742 times)

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
Yu-Gi-Oh! on DuelingNetwork-YGOPro
« on: December 09, 2012, 04:05:09 am »

Does anyone remember the old days when you used to collect cardboard or paper cards?
Want to relive the nostalgia of a duel?

--WHAT IS THIS THIS?--

This is a thread for Yu-Gi-Oh online games that people can play and share!

--WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO?--

You can share your ideas on both the game and decks!You can also vote in polls or join some discussions.

--HOW WILL IT WORK?--

2 people agree on a duel whether on Dueling network or YGOPro and duke it out privately or post the match here!

--WHY WAS THIS THREAD MADE?--

Because there were no threads like this (not that I've seen) and because we needed a place for Yu-Gi-Oh players that couldn't find a match to play.

--WHAT IS DUELINGNETWORK AND YGOPRO?--

Ygopro is a downloaded Yu-Gi-Oh online matchup program. http://percival18.blogspot.ro/p/download.html
Dueling network is a online Yu-Gi-Oh online matchup site. www.duelingnetwork.com
Ygopro has tag team dueling and everything else you would want but takes some time to download.You can't have custom games in it and can't cheat.Has spectate option.
Dueling network has only 1v1 and you can host custom games and cheat.Has ranked matches.Has spectate option.
Both sites requires you to create your own deck to play
Both sites require you to make a username (very easy) to play

Now...who wants to have a Yu-Gi-Oh! duel?
If you want to do it right away use dueling network,make a quick account and a deck,get in touch with your opponent and fight!
I will be on this thread whenever anyone wants to duel and if they want to I will even post pictures of the duel-even if I lose or win.
Now..let the duels start!

Matches:
1-Me and Alkhemia
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2.Me and Neonivek
My Decks!

The Dark Night
The Cold Blood
The Echinox
The Cursed Seal

Custom Game Decks on DUELING NETWORK
1.Declare'n'draw-Invented by me

-----TOURNAMENTS!-----
    NONE AT CURRENT TIME

Current status:SLEEPING
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 04:54:48 pm by TheZoomZoll »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! on DuelingNetwork-YGOPro
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:19:52 am »

I would duel you but I am about to go to sleep. If you will still be here tomorrow, I'll make a deck.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 09:24:46 am »

Hmm might be fun I'll try it out not played it in years though so how far does this thing go? found out

So what are this black card I see with xyz on them and what the card limit?
Nvm found out all ready, I'm Alkhemia on the Dueling Network I'll download that other one in a bit Downloading now wait I have to make that deck again...damn well at least it will be faster this time
I'll duel someone on the Dueling Network if someone up for it
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:10:07 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 10:09:50 am »

Duel number 1 with Alkhemia!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:14:43 am by TheZoomZoll »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 10:10:29 am »

Edit: got stomped was great  :P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:52:26 am by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 10:54:51 am »

Might pick this up again - the game was fun, but the pay - to - win mechanic was not. :P

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 11:08:02 am »

Might pick this up again - the game was fun, but the pay - to - win mechanic was not. :P

YGOPro and Dueling network are entirely free so no buying cards...
Just getting the RIGHT cards. *wink wink?*

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 11:53:15 am »

Yeah I know. I've used it once or twice before. :) I'm honestly not sure what sort of deck to run I've been out of the loop so long though. A D.D. deck? A Chaos Deck? A Man - to - Nobleman eater bug deck? XD

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 11:53:52 am »

I'm up for a another one I'll give YGOpro a shot It up pass is dwarf I'll leave it up tell 1:00 PST join if you want sorry have some stuff to do

Yeah I know. I've used it once or twice before. :) I'm honestly not sure what sort of deck to run I've been out of the loop so long though. A D.D. deck? A Chaos Deck? A Man - to - Nobleman eater bug deck? XD
I just use a theme since I'm lazy
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:35:59 pm by Alkhemia »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 01:03:17 pm »

Man, it's been ages since I last seriously played a CCG since the Star Wars CCG; unless you count me playing Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds on the DS emulator (just to see what it's about; played this version since it had the most variety of cards/latest sets)). It was okay, but I might suck just a tad. I'm not familiar with all the cards and what they do, so I may lack custromizability for a good while.

Although a good placement of a trap card did make me turn the tables quickly on the opponent, killing off a powerful god with an earthquake (fissure trap card against the only war god on the board at the time, on my opponent's side (in which the card took effect on). Fissure takes out the weakest card on the opponent's side, provided they have less than 3000 ATK (or was it more than 500 DEF?)).

I might give this a go sometime, but like I said before, it's been a long time, so my skills will be extra crunchy with rust.

EDIT:
To add to my suck factor, I am still unfamiliar with all the more advanced cards like Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Ritual. Again, I'm still used to playing SWCCG where they didn't depend so much on that kind of stuff (plus being able to place a crap-ton of cards on the field, and be powered by locations, ala MTG style).

Come and think of it, I miss good ol' classic SWCCG. Not often you can demolish Darth Vader and the Death Star with a torpedo from an X-Wing piloted by Jek Porkins while the Death Star is hovering over Tattooine. That was a fun gamechanging round.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:47:39 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 01:06:51 pm »

I played a few games years and years ago but it made no sense to me.  I always got this strong sense that not even the people making the card game cared about the rules and they were just putting together something to sell along with the show.

For one, you'd always get a deck and it'd have those fusion monsters in it, and neither of the monsters you needed to actually make it, and never the card you actually needed to play in order to fuse it.  In my entire middle school and junior high career, there was one kid who had that card, and he only had the one.
Shoes...

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 01:25:00 pm »

It plays quite well if you get the *right* cards, but like you said, about 90% of the cards are, competitively, useless. I.e. There's a dispel card which gets rid of spells, and a remove trap card that gets rid of traps, but there's also a card which gets rid of both and can be "quick played" from your hand. Ridiculous? Yes.

Also, 90% of fusion monsters are useless, and there's a special card called "Dr. Frankenstein" or something which allows you to summon a fusion monster without it's components. It's a good game, but it suffers WAY too much from Power Creep.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 01:26:07 pm »

The first match!I was Pula and Alkhemia well Alkhemia..(DURR)
I ended up winning the rock paper scissors.
But I went second!Ha!And this hand explains it all.
Alkhemia set 3 cards and placed Umii as the field.
Without thinking I destroyed Umii with my mystical space typhoon and added 2 trap cards to the field.
After Alkhemia summoned a water creature I drew a black hole and did nothing.
But the turn after Alkhemia attacked me.Having my cylinder on the field I activated it.
After Alkhemia lost 1500 the next turn I use my Magical Dimension with my Pikeru card (it always happens with the same creature too!) and get my dark magician on the field
At the time I still had a mirror force so when Alkhemia used the effect of Mermail Abysslinde I activated mirror force
After that,DN decided to not give Alkhemia any worthwhile cards.After waiting about 4 turns not finishing the duel just to see what we would have drawn it seemed like DuelingNetwork's shuffle is a sentient being that takes sides.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 01:40:55 pm »

DID YOU JUST DOUBLE POST?
Yes.Yes I did.

This was made for 2 points:
1.To respond to the current discussion about card fairness.
Konami stopped caring about the rules after they released Synchro's and XYZ.
The point of Synchro and XYZ is to make as much money as possible for the people who pay for the stuff just to win.
Nobody can deny that.
2.To tell you that  you guys can also share your deck ideas!
 I just thought about that and it seems like a good idea.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 02:08:37 pm »

uhh what that card hang on a sec ah here it is
Earthbound Immortal Wiraqocha Rasca
"While this card is face-up on the field, "Earthbound Immortals" cannot be summoned. If there are no Field Spell Cards on the field, this card is destroyed at the End Phase and the following effects are negated: ● This card can attack your opponent directly. ● Monsters your opponent controls cannot select this card as an attack target. ● This card is unaffected by the effects of your opponent's Spell and Trap Cards. ● Once per turn, by skipping the Battle Phase, reduce your opponent's Life Points to 1."
  Not sure if this card is real though

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14