Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 84974 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

WELCOME TO
AMBERJEWEL
the frozen wasteland
the wealthy tomb

Seeing as I have nothing better to do, I'm starting a succession fortress! Simple as that! Now, I know that other popular succession forts  have some kind of thingy that something, but Amberjewel does not have that. It's vanilla DF. Well, I removed aquifers, but those are just an unnecessary pain in the butt.
I hope I've summarised everything that is vaguely important in the sections below. If anything is unclear, just remind me to clarify it.

I'm going to take my turn first, just to get everything started. I'll try to keep the OP relatively up-to-date.
I'm serious. Please remind me to do so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHERE WE ARE IN THE WORLD
spoiler because pictures take up space
and other nonsense

Dwarves, Humans, Elves and Goblins are present. The Universe of Forever is 88 years old.

Embark Details

DFHack Details
spoiler'd because it's long
don't believe it, we don't actually have any soil here -- just a lot of ice and gems
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE RULES
because these are important
  • Standard Spring - to - Spring turns, although this may change depending on any nonsense that occurs.
  • You have TWO WEEKS to play your turn, unless there are regular, detailed updates. After the two weeks are up, you must upload the save for the next player.
  • No intentional fort-annihilation. If you purposefully screw over the next player's turn, we're reverting to the previous save.
  • The fort doesn't have to have any specific layout. You can build in whatever fashion you please.
  • Narrative for your turn is (somewhat) mandatory. It doesn't have to be good, it just has to be there.
  • Save files are to be uploaded to Dwarf Fortress File Depot or similar site with a link IN THIS TOPIC, so I can make it easily-findable for everyone else.
  • ???

TURNS LIST
it's pretty much empty because this post is too new
we're gathering people! yay!

Beige: We're not up to this turn yet
Green: This turn is in progress.
Red: This turn was skipped.
Brown: This turn was completed and the save file is probably available.

• InsanityIncarnate
  • Tirion
  • peregarrett
  • bp920091
  • hermes
  • Kalemyr Skyfire
  • Tevish Szat
  • zimer02
  • uber_pye
  • kopout
  • InsanityIncarnate
  • edgefigaro
  • ???

DORFING LIST
you may have to remind me to update this
actually, it's extremely out-of-date right now

In the format of:
Username, "Requested Dorf Name", "gender", "Requested Profession Name", Special Request

Beige: Not yet dorfed
Green: Has been dorfed
Red: Probably dead.

• InsanityIncarnate, Urist, male, The Mad One
  • Tirion, male, Scientist, various
  • peregarrett, Peregar, whoever is first "On Break"
  • Kalemyr Skyfire, Feylers, male, a miner
  • darklord92, Kiera, Mechanic
  • Clover Magic, female
  • bp920091, male, various
  • Clint, peasant
  • Bogre, Bumble Frostbeard, Abominable Snowdwarf, Animal Trainer/Trapper/Wrestler
  • Tevish Szat, Engraver, various
    • zimer02, Zimer, male
    • uber_pye, I forgot
    • ???

I apologise for my intermittent OP updates. Please remind me about it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:32:54 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do we know of the embark? Is there metal? Flux? What of the neighbours?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame

^ What Tirion said. A DFHack Prospect and news of the surroundings would be nice.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Indeed. I shall update the OP momentarily, and I'll embark sometime later today.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 05:40:21 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to take a turn, and a dwarf please.
Dwarf named Tirion, male, with 'finds helping others rewarding' personality trait. If there are more than one such guys among the starting 7 and first 2 migrant waves, I'll take the one with the highest disease resistance and recuperation.
I'd like him to be appointed Chief Medical Dwarf. Custom profession name: Scientist.
As for jobs, please turn on Miner, Mason, Engraver, Carpenter, Bowyer, Trapping, Animal Dissector, All Healthcare skills, Butchery, Plant Gathering, Plant Processing, Cooking, All Engineering skills, Architecture. Of these, give pre-embark points on the Healthcare skills, if applicable. All others are quickly learned, I don't really care what skills he starts with.

Also, I hope no-one will be surprised that we don't, contrary to what dfhack says, have any soil  >:( I hope someone fixes that bug with prospect seeing ice as sand and clay.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:28:19 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Alright, here's the first part of my turn.

Journal of The Mad One, 17 Granite
For some reason, I was elected to oversee this new fortress. I'd like to know why, but no-one answers my questions, so I told the six other dwarves to load the wagon full of... things... for our... um... what am I doing again?

Anyway, we travelled for a while and ended up in this frozen wasteland that has absolutely nothing interesting whatsoever. Well, there's a lot of ice and the coal I packed into the wagon... but otherwise it's just ice.

And maybe a bit of snow.
It's so cold here. I wouldn't be surprised if we all freeze to death, so I told the miners to dig out a nice tomb for ourselves to save time later.

Journal of The Mad One, 3 Hematite
Our tomb is coming along quite nicely. Soon we'll have place for workshops and a brewery. With enough booze, the death part of our time here will be a lot less painful!

Oh, and I designed an amazing gatehouse for the tomb so we can defend it from graverobbers. The mason decided that she didn't like my tomb and tried to build one around herself where I wanted my gatehouse tower structure thingy to be.

She stayed there for a while, and no-one seemed to care, so I told our mechanic girl to make some mechanisms for the gate.

Journal of The Mad One, 17 Hematite
Everyone was getting tired. I told the miners to dig out a bedroom. I wanted to sleep in there myself, but there weren't any beds so I had to get those made too.

I decided I wasn't tired after all. Actually, this tomb needs some rock music!

Journal of The Mad One, 28 Hematite
MY GATEHOUSE IS COMPLETE! NOW WE CAN DEFEND OUR TOMB!!

I also saw some dwarves coming over the horizon. I suppose I'll have to talk to them in the morning.

Well, that's Spring and the first part of Summer for my turn. I'll play through and upload the next part in a couple of days.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Okay, lets join this icecold madness.
Dorf me as whoever gets On Break first (nickname Peregar) and put me into turn list.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile

Dwarf, and turn please.
Preferably a male miner named Feylers.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy crap, look at those lapis lazuli and yellow zorcon projections. Usually I don't bother much with gemcutters and gem setters, but seeing that we need to trade for wood, wool, wood, iron and not to forget, wood anyway... hell, even the elves are useful here. But only as trade partners.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:25:36 pm by Tirion »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile

looks interesting hehe. dwarf me

darklord92, "Kiera", "gender", "Mechanic"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:33:27 pm by darklord92 »
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

looks interesting hehe. dwarf me

darklord92, "Kiera", "gender", "Mechanic"
Your gender is gender? Haha. I'll take that as "I don't care".

Holy crap, look at those lapis lazuli and yellow zorcon projections. Usually I don't bother much with gemcutters and gem setters, but seeing that we need to trade for wood, wool, wood, iron and not to forget, wood anyway... hell, even the elves are useful here. But only as trade partners.
Yeah, I didn't pay much attention to that... or the fact that glaciers don't have clay... and had to turn my potter into a gemcutter. Oh well. At least zircon-studded flutes are valuable.
My next update shall be up soon.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:32:28 pm by InsanityIncarnate »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That gatehouse thing. Did the Mason get out alive? It could be a good archery tower, if it's available from below.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Argh darn... you use image shack  :( Images un-viewable for me here in China.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can i be dorfed? Any dwarf is good, just name it Jables.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

That gatehouse thing. Did the Mason get out alive? It could be a good archery tower, if it's available from below.
Yeah, I rescued the mason between updates. Then I dorfed her as Peregar because she was "on break" while trapped in the tower.
I don't plan on making it an archery tower, chiefly because my drawbridge closes on top of it. I'm not cruel enough to atom-smash my marksdwarves.

Argh darn... you use image shack  :( Images un-viewable for me here in China.
Ah, sorry. I was planning on finding a different hosting site for the pictures than imageshack because it's rather clunky, but I haven't bothered yet.

Can i be dorfed? Any dwarf is good, just name it Jables.
You are now a small child.

I'm working on the update as we speak. It will be up at some point in the approximately near future.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36