Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 84461 times)

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to try a turn.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is an omen!

Didn't these dwarfs' mothers teach them to pick up their clothes?

Why is there so little booze?

Oracle consults magic stones!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:34:16 pm by edgefigaro »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Haha, the floating stones are featured in almost every turn!

I'd like to try a turn.
OK, I'll try and remember to put you on the list eventually.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile

the reason we have so little booze is because i forgot to make them brew things
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, First things first. One of our children has shown special aptitude.

Keep on aspiring, kid!

The First Yeti Trial was run.

The rest of the combat logs are largely the same. Basically, all the yeti's grabbed all of his limbs and pulled him apart. While punching into his chest and collapsing his lungs.
I'm setting up all my goblin thieves in cages and connecting them to a lever to have a bigger show.

Of course my dwarves would wall themselves in.

Thats it for now. Hope to have a bigger yeti fight soon! Unemployment is way down, mining is way up.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet, for some reason I'd imagined a yeti mauling to be much more straightforward, but these combat logs capture the slow and painful process nicely.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did the goblin survive long enough to become a wrestler?  :o
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Overseer's Log
Felsite First:

It has been two month's since I succeeded my predecessor. The newly impressed masons tell us of snowstorms that rage outside. I'll not listen to their bleating long. Via the Oracle, the Stones have shown us the way. We must build the seven holy bridges to heaven before we let our people bask in their purifying icy radiance. I worry my time is not long enough to set up a proper baptism. We may have to descript the military for more labor soon.

A yeti child was born.

I shall see if a dwarf wants to adopt him.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:50:35 pm by edgefigaro »

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, I hope these tantruming dwarves calm down soon. It is going to start affecting productivity if they don't.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The heathens have become jaded with the teachings of the holy stones. They are in revolt. We shall purge the non-believers from the fortress. We executed our first three dwarves that had been spreading dissent today.

In other news, the cavern's have been breached and are being walled off. The stones light shall purify all. The military took care of the cave croc, the giant spider, and the 3 or 4 odd forgotten beasts that roam. There have been acceptable looses.

Some goblins tried to kill the elf caravan. They all died. The elves brought us a giant cheetah! And Booze!

The tower into the sky's foundation has been laid in ice. Progress is not as quick as I had hoped.

Dwarves keep getting stuck in the mines. It is frustrating.

The Pressure filter in the depths is complete.

The Bigger Goblin Trial was run. 7 Goblins vs war yetis.

4 Goblins were killed.  Three were recaged during their attempt to escape. No yeti blood was spilled during the release of these goblins. Again, wrestled and brutally dispatched.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:19:29 pm by edgefigaro »

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I have a fullblown tantrum spiral. I can 1) ride it out and see what happens or 2) savescum. Thoughts?

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile

ride it out save who you can
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Ride out the tantrumming. I'm liking the fast updates thus far, and some more screenshots+tantrum spiral will make it quite exciting.

Anyway, what? You're executing my dwarves!?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fast updates was the weekend. I may have some time this afternoon/evening. I'm down from 296 dwarves to ~180 right now, with 70 of those being children.  All work has stopped. I'll go into full tantrum lockdown when I start back up.

*grumble grumble*noneoftheotheroverseersmadenewclothes*grumble grumble*

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Start by atomshashing the children. Then work out how all the useful and not tantrumming dwarves (miners, skilled craftsdwarves, soldiers) into the booze stockpile. Build an alternate passage to the trade depot, wall off the unhappy dwarves, and let them fight it out amongst themselves.
Then let the survivors out into daylight. Christen them as Reborn in the fresh-fallen snow, and give them axes of pure adamantine to strike down our foes.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36