Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 84995 times)

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

my fort

:(
Hush. The fort has suffered some minor setbacks, but we have turned the corner. Everything is going to be OK! Kopout is going to clean up the minor mishaps and we  are going to be back on track in no time!

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile

my fort

Hush. The fort has suffered some minor setbacks, but we have turned the corner. Everything is going to be OK! Kopout is going to clean up the minor mishaps and we  are going to be back on track in no time!
and if not we can always reclaim
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

my fort

and if not we can always reclaim
Thanks guys, I'm feeling better already!

Not really though.

WAIT IS THE MAD ONE STILL ALIVE OR DID HE DIE IF HE DIED I WILL KILL MYSELF IN GRIEF JUST LIKE QUEEN DIDO DID BUT NOT IN SUCH A SOPPY WAY.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

9th felsite
We lost another dwarf to madness today, down to 9.

10th felsite
The battle lasted over a day, but in the end Zulban was victorious, though not without injuries of her own.

13th felsite
The evil ghost of Momuz Miskel took of Burt’s arm today while he slept. But didn’t even wake up for another few hours and then continued on his business. No one even cares about anything anymore.

14th felsite
Zulban throws a tantrum in her sleep!?

16th felsite
Major problem averted when I caught Burt trying to chain up Zulban for failing a mandate. I had to remove the “use for justice setting from all the ropes to prevent a wounded dwarf from being chained. There was a fun tug of war between the chief medical dwarf and Burt over Zulban, one trying to put him in a bed and the other trying to put him in chains. I’d kill the mayor if we could afford to lose the dwarf.

17th felsite
Cats keep going missing, I hope whatever it is doesn’t start killing dwarves.

19th felsite
The siege is broken! I think they just got bored and left. Armok willing we will get migrants and be able to rebuild.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WAIT IS THE MAD ONE STILL ALIVE OR DID HE DIE IF HE DIED I WILL KILL MYSELF IN GRIEF JUST LIKE QUEEN DIDO DID BUT NOT IN SUCH A SOPPY WAY.
sucicde is not the anwser!
but the mad one is dead, I think his own madness got him in the end rather than anything else.

I’m considering abandoning and reclaiming, it would be easier and the IC thing to do (none of these people would want to stay in the tomb of so many)also, upon reclaim people would have to deal with a spraling ruin filled with feral yetis!

Edit: never mind feral yetis are alredy a thing
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:14:23 pm by kopout »
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I played through to a migrant wave on my file. It was 40 dwarf strong, happened a month or two after the siege broke.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I played through to a migrant wave on my file. It was 40 dwarf strong, happened a month or two after the siege broke.
Right, I'm sure we can make it through this. We'll fight through to the bloody end: that's the dwarvern way.

I believe in you, kopout! Don't stay true to your screenname!
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

22nd felsite
Some of the yetis have begun to revert back to fully wild. The other yetis are fighting them. The only thing we can do is get out of the way.

27th felsite
Position! Let’s hope it goes away on its own

2nd hematite
It eventually did, and without any more deaths!

8th hematite
It finally happened, Obok the child has died of dehydration. His melancholy drove him to a slow suicide. Oh well, not like he had any family left to tantrum. We are now 8 

also we have been invaded by crundles.

but the yetis got them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@InsanityIncarnate: you should probably update the turn list and advertize for more overseers. As far as I know I'm the last one in the line up.

@IcepickTrotsky:Congragulations! Out of evryone who got dwarfed yours is the only avatar runing around still!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:04:11 pm by kopout »
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

@InsanityIncarnate: you should probably update the turn list
Yes. Yes I should.
As far as I know I'm the last one in the line up.
Someone else is in line, I think, but I don't know who it is or where they are or where they come from I hope they're not an alien, but if they don't say something before I update the turn list they can have a turn anyway I guess.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Migrants aren't being kind to you. >.>

Hang in there!

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile

if no one else signs up
does anyone mind if i have a second turn?
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Uh, sure.

But I think I'll take my second turn after kopout's done, mostly because I like the challenge of getting a fort up from its knees.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might take a second turn too. What happened to my dwarf, anyway?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tirion--

He most surely died in the tantrum sprial. The records for details at that time are regrettably incomplete.

Other notes--

I have a summer (fall?) save if kopout doesn't show back up. I feel bad leaving kopout with such a mess.

Finally-

The mining/tower project that was likely a factor in the... troubles... of the fortress--
This was an elaborate attempt to make hell freeze over. The idea is that you build seven bridges to heaven above the holy stones. Below, you fill the shaft with water from the caverns and build a bridge over the top of it. You connect the shaft to an adamantium spire with a pressure filter to prevent water from getting through but allows the passage of clowns. Buy tickets to the circus, clowns spawn, go into the water shaft (to chase some silly artifact) levers are pulled, bridges open shining the holy floating stone's holy light into the passage. Hell freezes over.

I had a year to complete. I was on schedule until Tantrum spiral got in the way >.>

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

The mining/tower project that was likely a factor in the... troubles... of the fortress--
This was an elaborate attempt to make hell freeze over. The idea is that you build seven bridges to heaven above the holy stones. Below, you fill the shaft with water from the caverns and build a bridge over the top of it. You connect the shaft to an adamantium spire with a pressure filter to prevent water from getting through but allows the passage of clowns. Buy tickets to the circus, clowns spawn, go into the water shaft (to chase some silly artifact) levers are pulled, bridges open shining the holy floating stone's holy light into the passage. Hell freezes over.

We should finish that.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In this case, I'd ask for a redwarfing.
name: Heisenberg
profession: Cook
sex: male
Just pick one of the weak ones, he's gonna be a civilian, mostly.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36