Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 85157 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Hm. OK, guys, if anyone wants and alternate-reality dorfing, tell me now, and I'll do that for the next update.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

bump?
Smite Evil.
[1]
Uh, right. Never mind, then.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile

Hm. OK, guys, if anyone wants and alternate-reality dorfing, tell me now, and I'll do that for the next update.

please re-dwarf me as Uber_Pye_2.0 the mechanic!
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Aw, geez, I was kinda hoping people had forgotten about this so I wouldn't have to try and fix everything.

Look, if someone wants to take a turn from before the tantrums began, feel free. I may or may not continue my Adventures of Moses nonsense any time soon.
I have school holidays coming up (about a week away) which will give me a great deal of time to do stuff, so it might happen then unless I'm lazy.
Which I probably am.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aw, geez, I was kinda hoping people had forgotten about this so I wouldn't have to try and fix everything.

Look, if someone wants to take a turn from before the tantrums began, feel free. I may or may not continue my Adventures of Moses nonsense any time soon.
I have school holidays coming up (about a week away) which will give me a great deal of time to do stuff, so it might happen then unless I'm lazy.
Which I probably am.
Yeesh.

Alright, before the end of the week, if this task is not completed by someone else, I will
1) Get my save to the end of a second year. That way, no one gets stuck with a half turn, and no one has to spend most of a turn... cleaning up corpses.
2) Get most many of the corpses hauled.
3) Provide some updates.
4) Dwarf Everyone. The act of dwarfing everyone will get it back on the road away from "alternate reality". Look. Kopout broke the rules. He went 2 weeks without posting. He forfeit his turn. The fortress soldiers on.

The fortress must soldier on. What was once a 200 strong dwarf fort will again rise to be a 200 strong dwarf fort. I am not at all happy with the idea of "Reclaim" or "Alternative Reality" without first seeing the words "Your fortress has crumbled to its end."

Doctor_Whiteface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go for it, Edge. Once you're done I'd love a turn, as well.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarfings.

Me!

Doctor

Note, sometime in spring this 'doctor' was relieved of his duties for refusing to treat a patient. And by 'refusing' i mean "keep spamming me with unable to feed/dress/give water/bandage patient" messages. I was not pleased.

Sevies

uber_pye2.0

casser

This mayor likes buckers. Acceptable.

Heisenberg

Defenses-- Moar Traps!

This forgotten beast cannot get in.

Other news. Fall just happened. The human caravan came and went and due to a double depot problem, the depots got deconstructed and they left. Another migrant wave happened, we are around ~50 workers. Mostly hauling. The surface is nearly cleaned off.

Ghosts happen occasionally. I let em haunt until they do something horrible, then I try to slab em.

I dropped a few captured goblins into the yeti pit for fun, but they killed my remaining war yetis and escaped. A few dwarves lost limbs.

No fun for yetis =/

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uber_pye 2.0:
Oh no my Baby!
dam this is a good drink.

X-MAS TIME!!!!!

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Done and Done.

Forgotten Beast Fight Battle Log. First is the doctor, second is the FB.

I want one.

This lever wan't marked. Its the front drawbridge. That knowledge would have been useful.

My Dwarf buys the farm due to negligent doctors. I don't understand why the water source isn't being used.

Here is some FB that doesn't attack even though I think he can get in...

He was a worthless doctor anyway. Always yelling about needing crutches and water. We have crutches! Go get one! Ghosts are being slabbed at the mortuary.

The Mortuary

Happy dwarves make me happy.

The Airlocked depot is nearly complete. It just needs a couple pits for vs building destroyers. That pile is for unuseable clothes. Clothing needs to be exported/atomsmashed/melted due to FPS reasons.

This chunk got walled off due to ferocious FBs.

The skeletons throneroom is slowly dwindling.

Noteable Notes.
I very much tried for a low key year of cleaning. I didn't realize all the various strewn cloths were forbidden until the end of winter. We have some pathing/job/stockpile issues I can't figure out, most notably why our watersource is idle.

Our military is decrepit. Our only remaining hero died due to doctors not being able to hydrate her. Danger room construction is recommended.

Bugging traders on the depot is annoying. I deconstructed two depots. Magma/atomsmashing is recommended for FPS reasons.

Project "MakeHellFreezeOver" is progressing, albeit slowly. A flying FB could present troubles.

Clothing could become a concern.

Finally
Kittens have been adopting dwarves faster then I can butcher them.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

OK, I've updated the turns list, but who's up next?
Anyway, I applaud your determination, edgefigaro. You deserve a cookie.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if no one else is in line then i will go next.

X-MAS TIME!!!!!

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you find a book...

YE BOOK OF PYE 2.0!

do you read the book y/n

y

YE BOOK OF PYE 2.0!

1st of granite

hmm this is not the best start to my rule

2nd of granite

so many dead.
so many legenary dwarves dead.
i wish we could give them all tombs.

3rd of granite

i was having the dwarves replace some fortifications outside with wall, when all the stuff on, in and around the fortifications vanished
weird.

6th of granite

there have been sightings of a second violent ghost
worry not ghost child you shall soon be lade to rest.

i have desided that the mass tomb shall be smoothed and engraved in memory of the dead!

26th of granite

he lost his leg to a ghost and no one came to rescue him
:(

in other news i am making a cage to house all the kittens

28th of granite

Zefon the Mason with draws from society...!
also the new chief medical dwarf is seeing dwarfs now

13th of slate

aww yeah! we back in the game!

OOC: YAY MIGRANTS THE WORLD KNOWS WE LIVE!!!!

you close
YE BOOK OF PYE 2.0!

X-MAS TIME!!!!!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Migrants? Awesome. What industries do we have running at the moment, if any?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36