Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 80950 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

In this case, I'd ask for a redwarfing.
name: Heisenberg
profession: Cook
sex: male
Just pick one of the weak ones, he's gonna be a civilian, mostly.
Hehehehehe.

I think I need a new dwarf, too.

Casser the male engraver, with the profession name of [food he likes]lord. E.g., Cheeselord.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile

let us flood with re-dwarfing!
please re-dwarf me as Uber_Pye_2.0 the mechanic!
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take a hammerdwarf. Name him Chadrick.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile

going ot jump back in as kiera most certainly died :P

Sevies, any gender mechanic
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It has been two weeks since the last update. Here is a save from my game from summer. IIRC The siege is broken and a bunch of hauling got done, a deadly blood webbing spider FB killed most of our remaining decent military before being dispatched, but we hit a migrant wave. (some of this may have not happened yet, I remember playing beyond this save.

I want this fort to get rolling again.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7538

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Hm. Downloading your save now.

I'll start an "alternate universe" playthrough, and make it the official one if kopout really has copped out.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Diary of "Moses" Charcoalblockades, Captain of the Amberjewel Guard
2nd Hematite, 97
Our mayor is a fat, lazy, teenager. The whole fort looks up to him, though, because of how he "struggled through" all his pitiful problems. He doesn't think, doesn't work. He just sits on his ☼gold throne☼ and eats ☼cuttlefish roasts☼, surrounded by barrels of prickle berry wine.
The militia commander's no better. She waddles around patting yetis and complaining that the entry hall is too drafty.
Her captains are even worse. One of them, Thob or whatever, just stands around the mayor, currying favour, saying she's "on duty", "guarding our noble leader".

Corpses litter the halls. Nobody knows where anything is. Except the magma forges, everyone knows where they are, but no-one can be bothered the two-day climb down the stairs.
Corpses litter the halls. There are goblins running amok in the shallower levels. Most of them got sliced up in out serrated disk traps, though.
Corpses litter the halls. We have food and drink aplenty. The mayor complains of hunger. The smiths complain of thirst. The militia complains about "long patrol duty".
Corpses litter the halls.
Corpses.
Everywhere.

ptah.

I'm gonna clean this place up. We're an Armok-damned Mountainhome? Let's at least look like an Armok-damned mountainhome.

Doctor_Whiteface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd love to take a turn at this monstrosity, if nothing else it'll make Machinespires so, so much more appealing once my turn is up XD

Also I might be able to consolidate a few things and generally clean shit up, but given the state of the place I kinda doubt it :P

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Corpses litter the halls. Nobody knows where anything is. Except the magma forges, everyone knows where they are, but no-one can be bothered the two-day climb down the stairs.
That, and I grated off the main staircase on zlvl -25 (the farm level) to prevent lower forgotten beasts from accessing. They may be able to arrive via the minecart path though, not sure. Also, a burrow named "inside" is active to keep dwarves roughly inside.

The bat/rider is still alive. He just likes to fly around the pyramid terrorizing dwarves without actually attacking. It is kind of fitting, actually. Anyway, if you station a marksdwarf troop on the pyramid, they will shoot him down.

Anyway, Thob sounds like a delightful hammerdwarf. Name 'er chadra.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:40:44 am by edgefigaro »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I'd love to take a turn at this monstrosity, if nothing else it'll make Machinespires so, so much more appealing once my turn is up XD

Also I might be able to consolidate a few things and generally clean shit up, but given the state of the place I kinda doubt it :P
Feel free to start whenever you want, but be aware that kopout might return and be upset.

Doctor_Whiteface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Feel free to start whenever you want, but be aware that kopout might return and be upset.
I'll wait until you finish your alt-reality turn, and then pick it up from there.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I'll wait until you finish your alt-reality turn, and then pick it up from there.
Assuming I can fix the fort without killing everyone.

Diary of "Moses" Charcoalblockades, Captain of The Amberjewel Guard
3rd Hematite, 97
Unholy Armok, this place is a mess. There's blood and guts everywhere. Miasma is choking everyone. Half the population is scrabbling to clean up the mess, but I honestly cannot see the point.
A militia captain, armed with an exceptionally good adamantine spear, is chained up in the jail. According to the records, he was one of the lucky ones... other violators of our glorious mayor's production orders are dead.

To Hell with this fortress. I'm moving all the useful dwarves to a new fort, in the glacier just north of Amberjewel, underneath that statue of a llama.
It's a better figurehead than it could have been.

Apparently our only miner is lying in the middle of the corpse stockpile. Gods give me strength. I gave three useless peasants some picks, and told them to get digging.
I'll make myself useful by setting up a new wall around... what shall we call it? Fort Llama.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:50:12 pm by InsanityIncarnate »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Diary of "Moses" Charcoalblockades, Captain of The Amberjewel Guard
5th Hematite, 97
I finally convinced the peasants to stop carrying useless crap around and start digging. Trouble was, they didn't. Apparently some overseer or another ordered them all to stay inside, for whatever reason, and didn't think I had the right to revoke it.
After a couple of punches, they were very convinced about my right to give them orders.

Frikkin' goblins are flying around the gates. I ordered all of our military out there to at least try scaring them off, and --
WHY IS OUR CHIEF DOCTOR RUNNING AROUND WITH A WARHAMMER IN EACH HAND. HE COULD HURT SOMEONE. -- Eventually some soldiers made it out to the gate, a recruit who looked baffled about his surroundings, and a macedwarf who was hauling his armour back inside.

What did I do to deserve this?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something might have contaminated the food or booze supply. This needs a guy who can cook a product with maximum purity  ;D
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Doctor_Whiteface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With you permission, I'd like to be dorfed as the doctor with the warhammers.

Name: Doctor
Other: Whoever that guy with the maces is that you screamed about in all caps. I want him. :3
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36