Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 80949 times)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile

Amberjewel is slowly rising from the ashes eh?
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How big was the migrant wave?

DireWolf64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If possible I would like to be dorfed, name: Wolfgrim (or any other name that has something to do with wolves) profession: preferably soldier but a weapon/armorsmith would also be nice!
There's a fine balance of "child is suffering" and "child is dead".

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If possible I would like to be dorfed, name: Wolfgrim (or any other name that has something to do with wolves) profession: preferably soldier but a weapon/armorsmith would also be nice!

Conveniently, the military is likely accepting applications presently. Just sign on the dotted line...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Right now, the military is the least of our concerns. What about the rotten flesh carpet?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dorf pls.

"Udib Frozenlabor", farmer recruit or something.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

DireWolf64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Conveniently, the military is likely accepting applications presently. Just sign on the dotted line...
Alright, hold on, hold on, you sound like you're just going to throw me/my dorf away? Well I am of viking descent so the least you could do is letting me die with an axe in hand in the heat of battle, right?

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, hold on, hold on, you sound like you're just going to throw me/my dorf away? Well I am of viking descent so the least you could do is letting me die with an axe in hand in the heat of battle, right?
I'm not the current overseer, so I cannot guarantee your dwarf would be thrown away needlessly. However, during my first term, I was so successful at the task (only two named dwarves remained!) that I was allowed a second stint. The crowning achievement of my second stint was the dwarfing of seven individuals mid-year and losing two, including my own, before year end.

I don't know if pye will be nearly as effective at trivializing your dwarf's existence.

DireWolf64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not the current overseer, so I cannot guarantee your dwarf would be thrown away needlessly. However, during my first term, I was so successful at the task (only two named dwarves remained!) that I was allowed a second stint. The crowning achievement of my second stint was the dwarfing of seven individuals mid-year and losing two, including my own, before year end.

I don't know if pye will be nearly as effective at trivializing your dwarf's existence.
I am not asking for my dorf to be mercilessly sacrificed I was just saying that if my dwarfs fate is to die a brave and noble (a.k.a. YASD) death then I just wanted it to be glorious like the viking sagas, blood, honor and axe in hand!

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile

wolfgrim has been dwarfed

you open

YE BOOK OF PYE 2.0!

13th of slate

with the migrants came a friendly dwarven trader?

16th of slate

when the first friendly dwarven trader finaly moved a second one came...

17th of slate

Zefon the mason has begun work on somthing!

21st of slate

he finnished!

best chair is going in the dining room

in other news drunk bear is drunk

24th of slate

well the corpse carpet is slowly going away

instead we will end up with a super tomb!

OOC: that's it for now

you close
YE BOOK OF PYE 2.0!
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

DireWolf64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good to see that you saw my request, now tell me, what profession do I have (sorry if my english isn't perfect, I am from Iceland after all)

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile

Good to see that you saw my request, now tell me, what profession do I have (sorry if my english isn't perfect, I am from Iceland after all)

you are a speardwarf, but i do not remember what your civilian profession is
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Good to see that things are getting cleaned up.
Weird bug with the traders... are they announced as "a dwarvern caravan from Nisgakiton has arrived", or something? Or do they just sit there and eat snow?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Good to see that things are getting cleaned up.
Weird bug with the traders... are they announced as "a dwarvern caravan from Nisgakiton has arrived", or something? Or do they just sit there and eat snow?
It's a known bug, and can be fixed with dfhack command - 'tweak fixmigrant' with bugged dwarf highlighted with [v]
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't that happen if there is a remnant of a siege on the map?  Perhaps I recall someone solving that by finding some goblins hiding somewhere and flushing them out.  I don't know, might have misremembered that.

Can I request a second dorfing?  A male dwarf named Bishop, any non-military profession.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36