Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: k33n's Elves (16x16 character set) version 1.2  (Read 9546 times)

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
k33n's Elves (16x16 character set) version 1.2
« on: December 09, 2012, 05:49:12 pm »

k33n's Elves

Ta-daaaaa!

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first release of my 16x16 all-job spritesheet for elves. It was created in anticipation for the new update potentially letting us have multiracial fortresses, and the fact that I've always wanted to make a tileset.

Feel free to use in other mods / tileset releases as long as you give credit!

Download Link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7244
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:51:01 pm by k33n »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: k33n's Elfs (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 06:04:42 pm »

So with the new update potentially letting us have multiracial fortresses, and the fact that I've always wanted to make a tileset, I have begun my attempt to make a complete, all-job spritesheet for elves. I say attempt because I have no clue how to get these into the game, I only have my photoshop knowledge. Thus, for now I will focusing on drawing them. Any and all advice / comments / criticism is welcomed, as I am in deep water without knowing how to swim.

Military Elfs:

I have a tricky one for you: elven woodcutter?  ;D
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 06:34:21 pm »

the red coloured ones hurt my eyes. Tone down the brightness a bit!! Make them more a wine red colour, not a primary red! :P

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 07:08:48 pm »

I have a tricky one for you: elven woodcutter?  ;D

I'm of two minds about this. Either the Elven woodcutter /worker should be priestly and ceremonial looking ( as they have to get wood SOMEWHERE, right?) for the somberness of killing sacred trees and working with the holy products, or it should look culturally non-elf, like a human/goblin slave descendant who doesn't follow the Elven religion / society.

"woodpriest"/woodcutter/hunter/sneaker/peasant

the red coloured ones hurt my eyes. Tone down the brightness a bit!! Make them more a wine red colour, not a primary red! :P

I don't know. I kind of like the garishness for the elites, but I did desaturate the red a little bit to see how it looks.

toned down elites with darker red outline:

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 07:41:02 am »

Here are some guards:

(what's the rule on double post in this kind of thing?)

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 07:42:53 am »

double post
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:51:01 am by k33n »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 08:43:04 am »

You could always edit your previous post.

Not much to say on your elves, I hate elves with a passion, I pursue them from the age of fantasy to the depths of space, I've committed great elven genocides and gruesome atrocities against their kind.
They are the one thing I absolutely cannot accept, they are a cancer, I hate them so much that it's not even funny.

But yours?
Eh, they are alright.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 12:18:46 pm »

You could always edit your previous post.

Not much to say on your elves, I hate elves with a passion, I pursue them from the age of fantasy to the depths of space, I've committed great elven genocides and gruesome atrocities against their kind.
They are the one thing I absolutely cannot accept, they are a cancer, I hate them so much that it's not even funny.

But yours?
Eh, they are alright.

Haha, just think of them as a smorgasbord of killable enemies!

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 02:57:40 pm »

Desaturate them a tad more and I'll stop whining. Also don't think I dislike them, I love them! Just think the elites are too red :) Just my opinion.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 08:14:02 pm »

updated.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 04:06:30 pm »

After reading the latest transcript of DF Talk, I decided to scrap my previous Ideas for the woodworkers and go the more "woodshaper" or magical route.

Thus, here are the Carpenters, Bowyers, and Woodcutters:

Thoughts?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 06:54:16 am »

After reading the latest transcript of DF Talk, I decided to scrap my previous Ideas for the woodworkers and go the more "woodshaper" or magical route.

Thus, here are the Carpenters, Bowyers, and Woodcutters:

Thoughts?
I was thinking of that. I don't have strong feelings one way or the other though. Although I do prefer the woodshaper sprite :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:54:37 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 11:10:57 am »

Yeah, great job on these, might even convince me to use a sprite set for races and animals.  I like the bowyer with his little bow-shaped magical field.  The bright red on the elites is nice too.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 03:52:57 pm »

updated!

Yeah, great job on these, might even convince me to use a sprite set for races and animals.  I like the bowyer with his little bow-shaped magical field.  The bright red on the elites is nice too.

Thanks!

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 09:20:27 pm »

Hmmm. All the elves I'm running into in-game are described as having pumpkin hair. Therefore, I have redone their hair orange. Updated in first post with the white haired ones.
Pages: [1] 2 3