Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Total Extreme Wrestling: Wrestling Promotion Simulator. Discussion Thread on B12  (Read 24395 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Yeah, SWF will do that to you.  I usually grab someone with high over to drag any promotion into the spotlight.

the fans aren't too keen on Honest Frank the Used Car Salesman. :/

What, they're not "buying" his act?  Sorry, bad pun.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

So, as seen in Silent Thunder's very short lived LP, I've gotten pretty okay at 2013. Turned a custom Local fed into a Cult sized beast. Granted, I started with a sizable chunk of money and bled cash for a while, but now I'm pulling in money hand over fist.

If you're still up for that LP, I'm all in.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know I made another new thread, but probably cause I missed this one... or maybe cause this was pretty old when I made it.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133996.msg4813839#msg4813839

I'd follow any TEW LP on this forum.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thx for the link, more TEW 2013 discussion/info is always cool.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

Didn't found out if there was a more recent thread, so i'll use this one.

While browsing around i learned that the demo for Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 was released a few days ago :
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/downloads.php?id=111

Didn't tried it yet, but the feature list sounds impressive :
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532912

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

Looks like TEW 2016 has been released today :
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/home.php

Still need to give a try to the demo when i'll have more time.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some reason, I thought release date would be on the 5th....   I'm gonna buy this.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Didn't found out if there was a more recent thread, so i'll use this one.

While browsing around i learned that the demo for Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 was released a few days ago :
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/downloads.php?id=111

Didn't tried it yet, but the feature list sounds impressive :
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532912

All hail Robsoie for posting this!  I had no idea they made another one!

No offense, but I wonder how many of those new features were already in World of Mixed Martial Arts 4.  It was a newer and more advanced title.
EDIT: Wow.
Maybe six out of the ~352 features were WMMA4 imports.  I honestly couldn't even finish the list, too much awesome was added.  MUST PLAY GAME!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Indeed. I'm enjoying the crap out of the beta and have hardly done anything of note.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

Gave a quick drive to the demo version, and my first notice was how much complex things seems to be and how much content there is.
But in the same time, the only TEW i play is the freeware TEW2005 and it is already packed with things.

Now on my try at the demo, i took a small mexican fed, hoping they wouldn't have too much performers to not drown me through too much things to take care about but still deliver some lucha to keep the crowd throwing money at me.
They had (counting me the owner, as i'm still wrestling) 29 people.
Annoying, as i understood i had only 29 people when i was trying to setup my first non-broadcasted show as a 30 wrestlers royal rumble and it wouldn't let me.

So i had to setup other matches, most 5vs5 to showcase my people to the public on that first show.

I tried to push my own character over everyone else to see if  it would piss the other workers off :D , by making the angles and interviews all about Masked Avatar (me) and even going to beat up in post match one of the opponents of the 5vs5 match i was taking part to see if it would lead into bad blood in the locker room.
This didn't seemed to affect him much, despite after the show was finished, i had my speech set to insult him a lot, the guy has steel nerves it seems, but as i'm the one paying him he's keeping things to himself.

I guess giving a bonus of 1000$ to everyone to shut them up after i had set all the match to max danger and intensity helped :D

But looks like it's hard to please those crowds despite trying to make a good first impression and possibly injure half the roster

Maybe i should push me more over to anger them more :D

Though i'll have to progress more on my TEW2005 game, my backward federation and his main eventer old Butch Miller (yeah the half of the Bushwackers from the end of eighties/early nineties that i push for nostalgia sake !  ) in the 1997 mod is sure to move the crowds better after old-should-be-retired-by-now The Honky Tonk Man and Jimmy Snuka accepted to stay in my broken fed .

Too bad Madusa refused my offers in the negociations after she was released by her fed, i liked her a lot when she had her Alundra Blayze run in Japan.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You probably gotta consider what kind of product your company is supposed to be running.  Basically, company product is whats advertised, so that is what the audience expects.

But then I'm probably missing your point since your course of action doesn't necessarily lead to overness/popularity for your character.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

I was just testing those new options more than trying to maintain my roster safe and having the public enjoying the action (as those sliders aren't in TEW2005) to see if i could understand better how things worked on the demo of that new version (i setup the first match (not even promoted it as main event) 5vs5 as having the "world championship" belt in play and didn't even had the actual champion in that match :D)

What surprised me is that despite everyone during the matches got forced to wrestle with those danger and intensity to max on their 1st show, only 1 wrestler actually got wounded the day after (due to a botched move from another guy), my roster is surely not popular but they're tough.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, there are additional settings to hit if you are looking to end people's career.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe I'm being all noobish, but 2016 seems more convoluted than 2005/2010.  Granted, I think the same about Windows 10 versus Windows XP, so it could just be an age thing.

I miss being able to view my whole roster's stats and momentum on one screen, although the stats I get from the new fog of war (which is fine).

Apparently, they made it harder to run a 0/0/0/0 promotion

purchased
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4