Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Total Extreme Wrestling: Wrestling Promotion Simulator. Discussion Thread on B12  (Read 24412 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They actually did release some of their stuff on Steam in 2015.  Looks like they stopped after Combic Book Hero rightfully got terrible reviews.

What makes me sad is that I really wanted Comic Book hero to be a good game... But it takes no time at all to kind of realize how poor it actually is. It is only premise deep.

---

I am going to necro this thread. So, I have the 2016 version of it, and love it to death. There are a few things about it that irk me, mostly the fairly poor slapstick comedy writing. I'm rewriting the injuries list, and some of it's making me cringe pretty hard, but it's much more realistic. (C'mon, "Temporary Soul Separation" and "Frozen Smile"? Really?) Say it with me: Ruptured Latissimus Dorsi. Makes me shudder a little just thinking about that kind of injury.

I love the fact that it's so deeply moddable!

I gotta watch someone play it then! I don't have a talent for this series.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I turned a local (and empty) Joshi federation, all stock characters except for me (I'm a color commentator, started at 45 skill,) into a Cult powerhouse in a little more than a year. I guess let me know if you need tips. I love simulation games, and tend to be fairly good at them.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I played the heck out of it over the 1st month at release.  Plus trawled the question/answer thread over at the greydog forum.

Yea, the Comic Book Hero game was bad and the developer knows it.  People keep asking for a Comic Book Hero 2, but he has been pretty gamey about it, plus other better priorities(without as much taint) to work on.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I went kind of berserk with my injury mod. 225 realistic injuries and sicknesses. I wonder if there's a way to export just my injuries so that other people can use them?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make a clean empty database and import the injuries over.  Upload and share.  You'll have to differ between injuries and sicknesses yourself though.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Okay, here it is.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile

The best RW database for this is probably Rising Storms, it's set in 1991, just before the wrestling industry steroid scandal, which means there's a ton of never heard of promotions you can take hold of to challenge the big two. I'm running Herb Abrams UWF, which is more known for it's owners death (see below) than it's actual wrestling quality. Somehow it had an hour of tv for a few years it squandered, and trundled along barely alive most of it's existence, kept afloat only by the fact that the owner was a major money mark. I've currently got a young Steve Austin who I don't think I'll be able to keep hold of once he reaches his potential, as well as later fan favorites La Parka and Cactus Jack. We're slowly making progress to Cult size, where WWE and WCW are right now becuase of the horrible scandals constantly rocking the industry right now.

As to the owner. Herb Abrams IRL was a complete nutjob. He was known as a colorful character with big ideas on wrestling, ideas firmly planted in the previous decades. He also paid Dr Death Williams $500 to break a jobbers nose because he thought the jobber slept with his wife. His death came when after being arrested "covered in a Vaseline like substance, coated in cocaine, and chasing hookers with a baseball bat" his heart gave out from an OD and he died in custody.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy fuck. The things I don't know about wrestling, even though I was pretty big into the WWF/WCW at that time. Then again, I was...8.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wrasslin, reality tv before reality tv became a thing.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

Some bump for greater justice for fans of management wrestling games.

TEW 2020 is in the work :
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542407

Usually each TEW game gets written on top of the previous one - this is the most efficient way to do it as it means that I don't have to "reinvent the wheel" each time. The drawback of this is that some often-requested features are simply not possible because the structure / architecture can't support them.

For TEW2020, I've instead completely taken the game apart, rewritten the underlying architecture, and then put each feature back in one-by-one, revamping and upgrading as I go along. The end result is that while you're still going to recognise the game as being part of the TEW series, it's effectively a much sharper, quicker, more intuitive, better quality piece of work. This is going to be the biggest jump forward in terms of quality the series has ever seen (I can say that with confidence because it's already blowing TEW2016 out of the water and there's still at least a year of work to come!)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Looking forward to it. Going to buy it as soon as it comes out and I can afford it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Wow, I'd love a TEW that could run faster!  It tends to slow down significantly over time, or with large databases.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]