Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Eador: Genesis  (Read 35521 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Eador: Genesis
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2012, 07:37:24 pm »

well...this is probably the best unit in the game

that "stomp" skill is any unit with 19 or less hp gets instantly killed and the elephant moves to its place...
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2012, 07:40:06 pm »

It is a rank 3 I believe.

To my knowledge Ghosts tend to be an almost broken rank 3 given their near immunity to everything but magic (which is uncommon)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:45:32 pm by Neonivek »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2012, 07:45:10 pm »

So what does a rank 4 look like like?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2012, 07:46:22 pm »

So what does a rank 4 look like like?

Double the health, double the damage, 5x the defense... give it a lot of special effects.

Dragons are a rank 4

There is a reason why only Commanders can have 2 rank 4s.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2012, 07:57:41 pm »

"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2012, 08:01:49 pm »

Whoa my mistake... the Elephant is just a Moderate Rank 4.

Pretty decent if you want to run down the enemy.

It will take a lot of damage from ranged mind you.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:11:57 pm by Neonivek »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2012, 12:33:08 am »

Well...never mind that about the quest being stuck...looks like the game has some built in events that allow you to continue even if you have no way of figuring it out...to put it simply the gremlin servant gave me the info :D

Oh...edit a bit later with some info, if your seeing game freezes when the enemy attacks your land right after declaring war, try turning off tutorials.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:29:43 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2012, 10:36:47 am »

O'course, a spell and artifact laden 30th level wizard or commander can probably destroy armies on the first turn of battle :P

Even a maxed out warrior benefits from support, though~ Sending any hero out alone is more an act of desperation than anything, imo. You get a lot more done, faster, with minions at your side. And in the case of warriors, with considerably less upkeep due to kit damage :-\

Am suddenly wondering if item damage reduction stacks additively, though. I know you can get a good 80% just with the stuff I've seen (Warrior with maxed... blacksmithing, innit? Then two blacksmith bracers and a set of dwarven gloves.). If it's additive, then you might be able to make a warrior with junk that just doesn't break. Be a bit weaker than something going balls-out with power boosting equipment, but a helluva lot cheaper to keep rampaging.

Thats not all that easy. I was blessed with ability to play that game much earlier than you guys (perk: being russian) and I spent countless hours in the span oh 6-7 months, finishing like twenty single player games so I defenitely seen that all.  Also this game has fantastic forum with dedicated people churning out tips left and right.

Well, endgame is *easily* doable solo warrior, not quite solo wizard and rest, but there is definite reason why I prefer warrior - he is by far easiest to start.
Also, do not forget that in the endgame you will have atleast two max level heroes, so dont worry.
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2012, 10:55:32 am »

As well I consider the Commander to be the weakest of the four heros.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2012, 11:34:35 am »

Exactly. Even if he is huge and strong with full pack of leveled units... But if he manage to lose them somehow - he is gone for good.
Archer hero oneshot him with double arrow, wizard is probably best endgame hero, warrior will singlehandedly obliterate all your meek non exp soldiers.
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2012, 11:38:01 am »

Exactly. Even if he is huge and strong with full pack of leveled units... But if he manage to lose them somehow - he is gone for good.
Ahcher hero oneshot him with double arrow, wizard is probably best endgame hero, warrior will singlehandedly obliterate all your meek non exp soldiers.

The commander's LARGEST weakness is that his skills while incredibly useful if you are forced to tier 1 units, further than Tier 1 units start having so much attack that +3 doesn't make too much of a difference or too much defense.

The only skills that don't outdate is extra ammo and mobility and those are only tertiary.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2012, 12:35:51 pm »

And the range and XP gain boost. Those seem kinda' important, especially the former. Commander does get some unique kit (banners, primarily) that seems like they'd help make more of a difference past the rank 1 stuff... still haven't got around to making a fully fleshed out hero t'see what an end-game one looks, like, though. Rank four stuff definitely seems like it's over and beyond what a commander would be able to strongly influence, but everything below that's looked like they benefit pretty strongly.

Still, some cross-classing on a commander seems like it'd be a good idea. I'd figure scout (for further initiative and terrain knowledge/mobility) or wizard (for obvious reasons), rather than trying to make the commander itself a strong fighter via going warrior.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2012, 12:38:12 pm »

Rank 3 is already beyond the Commander... and some of Rank 2.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2012, 12:49:43 pm »

*scratches head* Looking through the translated manual, I'm seeing 20 or so as the highest base attack (on one of the demons) on rank 3s... a commander with a mere +2 party defense from kit (Which I've seen on single items >_>) and the maxed defensive talent skill would be cutting their damage by a fourth (and it's much stronger against everything else). I wouldn't exactly call that being obsoleted, y'know?

If you crossed it with warrior at some point, you'd be getting an additional point of defense and cutting that highest base by nearly a 3rd.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2012, 12:52:27 pm »

I don't think you are calculating defense accurately.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10