Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I killed my first dragon! (+ question about tame vampire king)  (Read 1883 times)

Sisarot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
I killed my first dragon! (+ question about tame vampire king)
« on: December 08, 2012, 05:00:39 am »

I killed my first dragon. I cheated a little though. I first made a back-up, because i wasn't sure if retracting my bridge or not was a good idea. On the first try i didn't retract and the dragon breathed fire a few times into my fortress, killing 30 dwarves and setting all the charcoal and wood that was outside on fire. For some reason i couldn't rebuild my bridge either (maybe it was because of my civ alert).
On the second try i kept my bridge closed and my legendary marksdwarf basically killed the dragon on his own with his copper crossbow and 20 wooden bolts :p. I had just 3 dead dwarfs (some useless fisherdwarfs probably).
And the whole terrain is grey now because all of the vegetation is burned away. Trees are surprisingly fire immune though.

My question about the tame vampire king: What can i do with this guy? I can't assign a room to him. Is there a way to kill him? And will he kill people if i don't set him to a burrow?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: I killed my first dragon! (+ question about tame vampire king)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 07:20:44 am »

Congratulations on your Dragon slayer! As for the tame vampire King... This vampire is a Dwarf right? Otherwise it shouldn't show up as tame. Is it a goblin, elf or human?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 08:02:46 am »

If he is tame, he is not a dwarf. Fort members of other races are treated like pets AFAIK. Can you burrow or pasture him?
The possibilities to kill him are endless of course, but if you want to keep him I'd lock him in somewhere or he will feed on your dwarfs.

Sisarot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 09:56:52 am »

Oh ok, didn't realise he wasn't a dwarf. Then i'll kill him :p.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 10:08:44 am »

Oh ok, didn't realise he wasn't a dwarf. Then i'll kill him :p.
Wait - this is a Noble - who doesn't mandate anything! The value is inherent!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 11:22:15 am »

Yeah a tame animal vampire would be pretty epic: and yes s/he will obey burrows. Are you sure you mean tame? Do you just mean not-currently=hostile since tame does only appear as a label over animals. Also the bridge probably didn't close because the dragon fire melted the mechanism.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Sisarot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 03:20:20 pm »

Trying to drown him isn't the best idea. He's apparently restoring more quickly from drowning then he's getting damaged by it. But he is leeking a lot of goblin pus and now my whole moot is becoming yellow.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 07:57:03 pm »

Nuts to that. If he is a vamp, he'll be the best cavern explorer around. Pit him in a chute to the caverns and let him roam around exploring for you.

Win-win. You get free cavern exploration, and he gets dead, and you didn't do it.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 10:43:51 pm »

Chain him to your entrance to the caverns as he will either scare away any crundles trying to go up into your fortress or be a worthy alarm system for a dozen rutherers.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.