- 6 (24%)
Maps (Need help for this one)
- 4 (16%)
NPC's (Need help for this one)
- 7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: December 20, 2012, 12:46:16 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: LCS Black Market Mod 0.6  (Read 15535 times)

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Black Market Mod 0.6
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 02:27:32 pm »

Hmm.  I was actually thinking that the P90 would be a good gun to issue to CIA raids--until I read that a civilian version (extended barrel & blocked mags) exists.  Being able to buy 5.7mm commercially (outside of C+ Gun Control, of course) would remove one of the major limiting factors I'd envisioned on the high-powered weaponry.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 02:31:53 pm »

Hmm.  I was actually thinking that the P90 would be a good gun to issue to CIA raids--until I read that a civilian version (extended barrel & blocked mags) exists.  Being able to buy 5.7mm commercially (outside of C+ Gun Control, of course) would remove one of the major limiting factors I'd envisioned on the high-powered weaponry.
Everything in the mod is only sold by the Armsdealer, though I noticed you said you overhauled the Department store. Could you possibly make a Black Market location?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 02:37:56 pm »

Overhauling an existing location is XML work and pretty straightforward.  Could post that code and see what people think--was hoping to make the Department Store a viable option rather than someplace I could go an entire Nightmare Mode without ever visiting.

Making a new location altogether, though, seems like it would call the C++ code, so outside my knowledge at the moment.  Compilers & KA101 don't get along very well.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 02:39:28 pm »

Overhauling an existing location is XML work and pretty straightforward.  Could post that code and see what people think--was hoping to make the Department Store a viable option rather than someplace I could go an entire Nightmare Mode without ever visiting.

Making a new location altogether, though, seems like it would call the C++ code, so outside my knowledge at the moment.  Compilers & KA101 don't get along very well.
Possibly make a black market location in the Dep. Store? I can imagine a secret hatch :P

AngelXDv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 03:58:20 pm »

Is this compatible with 4.06.3 ?

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 05:26:46 pm »

It was the last time I checked.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 12:55:28 am »

Is this compatible with 4.06.3 ?
Made it for that version :/

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 08:02:33 pm »

Well, not sure.  Looks like you've grabbed the AS12 already, so that's one of the major items.  If you haven't made your own MP5K & LCS armors, let me know and I'll see about posting them.  (As I noted before--different philosophies of how-to-mod-LCS.  I'm glad yours works, and I hope people enjoy it.  The motorcycle, etc didn't do much for me.  I'm not sure we'd mix well.)
I made the AA12 myself, actually. I made a P90, though I could use a more "High-power" SMG.
FWIW the MP5K is a machine-pistol: basically a 9mm Semi with 3-round burst, minor boost to accuracy, less armorpiercing than the MP5, I think one point worse burst penalty, and size 5 so it's concealable.  Legal under C Gun Control due to lower stopping power.

I might consider a MAC-11 or Mini-Uzi: 5-rd burst/no accuracy bonus for people with loads of SMG skill.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 01:21:20 pm »

here is my old uzi it use pistol clips for ammo as i changed smg clips up to 30 rounds.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 02:14:22 pm »

???  I thought the Uzi also had 30-rd mags--Wiki gives it 20, 25, 32, 40, or 50-round 9mm mags.  MP5 uses either 15 or 30, so 30 is probably a good rounding for "9mm SMG"--JA2 this ain't.

(IIRC the Uzi is comparable to the MP5 in terms of overall size.  Not exactly sure which of the Mini-/Micro-Uzi compares to the MP5K.)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 09:18:28 pm »

i gave it small mags to counter its small size, there have to be some trade offs.
Uzi and MP5 have loads of variants so i just pick the most hollywood one i can, i.e. Uzis are small but only good for spray and pray.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 01:05:37 am »

Some Uzis are small, sure.  The full-size one looked about equivalent to the MP5 in terms of size though, and I'd argue that they ought to break down much like the AK and M16 do currently (different label, same stats).

Though I may have to reconsider my plan as the 57-yo Fireman I seduced, with 4 HW skill and 11 Strength, has consistently put all 5 bullets from the M249 I gave him into the CCS opposition.  Doesn't always go for center-mass, granted, but Toasty Mallow just doesn't seem to miss.  Skill 4/stat 11 shouldn't be *that* high.

tenmillimaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 04:16:06 pm »

Donuts, is this mod working? I have dumped the archive in my LCS folder and ran a new game, but no idea where to find the black market. What am I missing?

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 09:54:16 pm »

I'm not Donuts, but I may be able to help.  The mod adds additional items to the game and lets you get them from currently-existing gear dealers (arms dealer NPCs such as the Gang Member, used-car dealer, etc).  I installed it by opening the archive and replacing the xmls in the "art" folder with those from the mod.  (You can move the original xmls elsewhere if you want a backup--they won't hurt anything.)

Be aware that you probably won't be able to afford most of the mod stuff for a while--it's pretty expensive the last time I checked.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 01:17:04 am »

Donuts, is this mod working? I have dumped the archive in my LCS folder and ran a new game, but no idea where to find the black market. What am I missing?
You just gotta extract it into the art folder, currently the arms dealers sell my guns and ammo. The car dealership sells the cars. And the armor you can make yourself.
Hope that helped.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4