Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 102022 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.3
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 12:59:56 pm »

Overall I'd say this took what made the old one good, but tweaked it to be more friendly to people who want to play the mod, but not get frustrated over stupid injuries and constant starvation (That stops being fun after a while in both senses of the word and just gets annoying) preventing them from actually getting to explore the mod itself and the other features.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2012, 01:31:34 am »

Yes. U didn't read the faq?

Another question, how to get bags? Beside leather. Coz there are only lurkers and they killed 2 of my miners.
And harder... How to transform meal fungi to food? oO

Grow corpse fuzz and process it into thread at the Farmer's Workshop, then cloth at the Loom. Either that or dig until you hit the caves and gather some silk. Alternatively, you can turn stomachs from butchery into bags at the Tanner if you can scoop them up before your hivers eat them raw.

You need to mill meal fungi into flour at a Quern or Millstone, and then bake the flour into Hard Loaves at a Kiln. Make sure you don't store the flour in mill barrels, because that prevents it from being baked due to a bug. All of this needs bags, so farm some Corpse Fuzz or gather some silk. It'll get you a good head on a textile industry you can use for trade goods, too.

I'll put a baking tutorial in the OP soon.

Also, I noticed a problem with snake bellies (which are meant to be used to brew wildsnake.) Namely, they're an [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT] classified as meat (since I can't seem to get them to drop two skins), and apparently this means that Hivers like to eat them despite the fact that they're not marked as [EDIBLE_RAW]. I think I'll change it so it's a tanning byproduct. Does having two [TAN_MAT]s lead to trouble?
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2012, 03:10:32 am »

So randomly looking back through the modding forum and I find this;
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100255.285
So just how similar are the two? I'm assuming you're just continuing where the last one left off :)

Suds was our artist on the project but when Destroid and I finished with the project he asked to take it on. There are HEAPS of changes now tho so download and give it a go!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 11:14:46 am »

Idea:
 Why not make the glass bottles two seperate reactions, green and clear, and have them produce green and clear glass bottles, respectively. Also, the idea just came to me, how about making it so the Guilders bring the means of making adamantium blocks(Not adamantine), so that you can build a proper spire.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Faulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2012, 11:33:39 am »

Bug.
[REACTION:DESTROY_CORPSE_FUZZ]
   [NAME:destroy gutter lho for seeds]
   [BUILDING:CULTIVATORIUM:NONE]
   [REAGENT:spore:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:CORPSE_FUZZ:STRUCTURAL]
   [PRODUCT:100:3:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:CORPSE_FUZZ:SEED]
   [PRODUCT:50:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:CORPSE_FUZZ:SEED]
   [SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]
in reaction_farming.txt

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2012, 11:39:40 am »

Idea:
 Why not make the glass bottles two seperate reactions, green and clear, and have them produce green and clear glass bottles, respectively. Also, the idea just came to me, how about making it so the Guilders bring the means of making adamantium blocks(Not adamantine), so that you can build a proper spire.

Kinda difficult to begin work ona  hive spire when you're, you know, a few dozen to a few hundred feet below hive primus.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2012, 11:53:49 am »

It's a start.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2012, 11:56:57 am »

Idea:

I'm probably gonna just change it to a generic raw glass to same material bottles, unless that proves impossible due to hardcoding or whatever. I don't think it will. Not being able to pick a material won't matter so much, there. Who wastes pearlash on raw glass, anyway?

Why adamantium?

Bug.
[REACTION:DESTROY_CORPSE_FUZZ]
   [NAME:destroy gutter lho for seeds]
   [BUILDING:CULTIVATORIUM:NONE]
   [REAGENT:spore:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:CORPSE_FUZZ:STRUCTURAL]
   [PRODUCT:100:3:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:CORPSE_FUZZ:SEED]
   [PRODUCT:50:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:CORPSE_FUZZ:SEED]
   [SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]
in reaction_farming.txt

Thanks for catching that. I'll fix it next release.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2012, 11:58:50 am »

So randomly looking back through the modding forum and I find this;
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100255.285
So just how similar are the two? I'm assuming you're just continuing where the last one left off :)

Suds was our artist on the project but when Destroid and I finished with the project he asked to take it on. There are HEAPS of changes now tho so download and give it a go!
Already done so :) Enjoying embarking on an evil biome and getting slaughtered by plague zombies :D

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2012, 12:10:09 pm »

Can we please have an ASCII version?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2012, 01:11:17 pm »

^ This. Graphics are all well and good but they never seem to fit my screen so everything looks like splotches of colors that I can't identify. I'd fix them myself but I have no idea how to restore things to the ones that come with DF. nothing against graphic users but it seems mod-makers never consider there are those who want to play the mod but don't want the graphics (or wonky ASCII ones if they take said graphics out.)

I think he's going with adamantium being a component of powerarmor and hence durable as all hell and thus good hive foundation. But, to repeat tahu, we're underneath a hive, so we can't really consider an underhive settlement to be the start of a new hive spire. Sorry it just seems that's what you're implying is happening and it's impossible because the whole game world is underneath hive primus. (Sorry, it just irks me, had to say it.)

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2012, 02:36:35 pm »

Check the FAQ. Like I said there, I'll get around to it when I have time. I wanted to use a modified Dwarfletter but I've had no response from the maker of that tileset.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.4
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2012, 10:22:21 am »

New release. And there's an ASCII version now. Still some wonky stuff with plants, but it's bearable. I hope you're happy.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.4
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 11:18:55 am »

Quite so good sir. Thank you very much.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.5
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2012, 04:13:08 am »

New update! Check the changelog for changes. It should be fully compatible with 1.4.4 saves - just plop the new raws in your save file. If you're using ASCII, make sure to grab the new tileset too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33