Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 102568 times)

Freke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.5
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2012, 06:50:34 am »

Thank you, so much. <3

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2012, 10:40:47 am »

Turns out I messed up book unpacking. It all uses the same trade item, which can become any book. Here's a hotfix. Plop it down in your raws.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Faulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 12:53:43 pm »

Maybe i dont know much about lore, but why Hive support is below? And why i cant dig\deconstruct it?

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 12:55:19 pm »

Here is why: You are underneath a massive Megacity called a Hive. The hive support is the same stuff that a Space Marine's power armor is made of, so a small drill wouldn't do anything to it.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2012, 01:14:40 pm »

Why woudl you buy the steel srill toolkit? it only gives you one and you can buy one individually for much cheaper :P

Faulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2012, 01:18:21 pm »

Here is why: You are underneath a massive Megacity called a Hive. The hive support is the same stuff that a Space Marine's power armor is made of, so a small drill wouldn't do anything to it.
If the city is above why these supports are below me? They must be like pillars to the sky or something i think.

And... barrels of purified water dont stock at the stockpiles(where everything is enabed). Empty barrels are there. Dunno whre to look for that in raws.

Freke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2012, 02:24:23 pm »

Question: how does one go about getting a fuel rod? It doesn't show up in the list of items I can embark with. I can only get cases.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 02:25:36 pm »

You get the case, and use the recieving bay to unload said case.

Freke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2012, 02:45:06 pm »

Much appreciated, thank you!

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2012, 02:46:05 pm »

Why woudl you buy the steel srill toolkit? it only gives you one and you can buy one individually for much cheaper :P

If you buy the ferrum cases, they're actually cheaper by a good 200 points.

If the city is above why these supports are below me? They must be like pillars to the sky or something i think.

And... barrels of purified water dont stock at the stockpiles(where everything is enabed). Empty barrels are there. Dunno whre to look for that in raws.

They've been stockpiling fine for me. Is purified water allowed in the stockpile and are barrels allowed as well? (Not under furniture, but rather the part where you set the maximum number of allowed barrels/bins. If that's set to 0, your hivers will never place filled barrels in there.)

The supports and remains are just a bit of fluff at the moment - remains of the earliest constructions of the megacity which can't be damaged by drills. Maybe someday we'll be able to have massive spires of the stuff placed around in worldgen.

Has anyone else been having difficulty getting hivers to equip gauntlets? Even properly handed ones bought from the traders never seem to get equipped.

Also, I'm thinking I might have gone overboard with the farming returns. Even with a population of one hundred my bread stocks just keep getting bigger and bigger. And I can hardly brew any alcohol because any new barrels/drums are immediately filled with purified water. Should I tone it down some?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:52:52 pm by Suds Zimmerman »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2012, 02:52:38 pm »

Even though the game is supposed to take place not on a world that is basically the campaign for say, Space Marine, or Dawn Of War, but perhaps the HFS should be replaced with some sort of Warp Incursion. Then you could just say the randomized demons are basically representing Chaos Undivided, as opposed to the main 4 heretical gods.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2012, 03:02:09 pm »

Even though the game is supposed to take place not on a world that is basically the campaign for say, Space Marine, or Dawn Of War, but perhaps the HFS should be replaced with some sort of Warp Incursion. Then you could just say the randomized demons are basically representing Chaos Undivided, as opposed to the main 4 heretical gods.

Well, I'd prefer to replace the HFS with Abyss Spiders (since you're more likely to find those if you dig too deep in the Underhive) or something - but I don't know if that's possible. There's also the issue of what to use in place of candy. At the moment, Uraninite seems like the best bet, though it's not that rare and it only has a single use - making fuel rods (with a big helping of human life.)

I've also noticed that there's still a number of bugs in the current version: the Guilder Liaison never shows up for some reason, so you'll have to contend with a randomized helping of stuff; this does pose some trouble, as they're the #1 source of blueprints for more advanced things like chain weapons and prometheum refineries. Also it looks like the book-reading reactions currently do nothing. I think I might need to have them produce an item in order to grant exp. I'm not certain how skill exp works vis-à-vis custom reactions.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2012, 03:07:26 pm »

Will Cyber-mastiffs be added in? They were mentioned in the original topic for the mod. Also, what do you think of the idea of the guilders occaisionally bringing in parts for a Lasgun? Sure it would have to be thousands of thrones/dwarfbucks for one part, but it would be worth it late game, In my opinion.
EDIT: About the need for Music, perhaps the Space Marine theme from DOW would do well as a title screen theme?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:12:31 pm by OREOSOME »

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2012, 03:09:07 pm »

Question: What is this Dome floor thing?

Awesome mod so far minus the fact I can't strike the earth.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2012, 03:10:06 pm »

If they're essentially like humans are to dorfs, then df hack can fix the guilder liason I would think if something slipped.

Farming: It's a fine balance honestly. You either end up making people frustrated because they can't do anything because of lack of food (one of my problems with the original version of this) or you end up with piles of the shit. Plus food related workers (Namely growers and cooks) need to be taken into account because they tend to produce more the better they get. Maybe just keeping spare bags for milling to a minimum is a good solution? or locking the spare provisions up until you need them? I dunno :-\

EDIT: Dome floor/support is undiggable metal that a drill won't be able to strach. Basically it's a mixture of original constructions of the hive and the shit holding it up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33