Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 102595 times)

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.5
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2012, 03:11:36 pm »

Oh, so I have to make an above-ground fort then?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2012, 03:16:15 pm »

Or use mountains, or use caves.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2012, 03:19:36 pm »

Will Cyber-mastiffs be added in? They were mentioned in the original topic for the mod. Also, what do you think of the idea of the guilders occaisionally bringing in parts for a Lasgun? Sure it would have to be thousands of thrones/dwarfbucks for one part, but it would be worth it late game, In my opinion.

I meant them to be used as combat animals by the Enforcers, but they're not in the mod because A) Enforcers as they are now are way too OP. Their armour is 90% bulletproof (and everything else-proof) and if you were to manage to defeat them by trickery, you'd have all their neat stuff for no effort beyond building a magma hall/drowning chamber/whatever. They just weren't fun, as they were. AND B) I don't have any real way to restrict their usage to a particular civ.

I might add a reaction at the Servitorization Bay to turn dogs into cyber-mastiffs, though. Might help keep those damn scavvies off. And you wouldn't have to sacrifice a Hiver to make a servitor. They probably wouldn't be as scary as combat servitors, though.

As for the lasgun, the only reason las weapons aren't in is because they are pretty much impossible to emulate with the weapon raws being as they are. I could make them use a special type of projectile that ignites at homeotherm, but that's still not exactly it and there'd be no way to make civs use them (unless you want to see abominations like autoguns firing las bullets and hivers rushing outside to pick up fired laser beams) Until the way weapon modding works is substantially modified, it's gonna be solid projectile weapons for the long haul. Not to mention that boltguns already fill the niche of expensive yet practical super weapon.

And lasguns are actually pretty common in the Underhive.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2012, 03:23:56 pm »

Yeah I'm not fond of that either, but what are you gonna do? I will say it's irritating as all hell when it's either little to no crap on the 'surface' (Since as I understand it nothing grows in mountains, unless that was covered) or deal with constant attacks by uppity bats and over grown vermin on top of the mutated spiders that are abnormally prolific in such a polluted environment.

On lasers: There's also humerous instances in two fallout mods where people were picking up lasers that had hit things and not done anything and storing them as extracts from protectrons/protectaponies.  Honestly when i saw that happen I went into a spastic fit of how my vault/stable citizens were picking up fucking light and even for DF blatently defying the laws of physics.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2012, 03:32:41 pm »

Anyone know what sort of Loadouts are good for actually making a settlement? I can't help but feel I'd be missing a key skill otherwise.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2012, 03:50:10 pm »

Yeah I'm not fond of that either, but what are you gonna do? I will say it's irritating as all hell when it's either little to no crap on the 'surface' (Since as I understand it nothing grows in mountains, unless that was covered) or deal with constant attacks by uppity bats and over grown vermin on top of the mutated spiders that are abnormally prolific in such a polluted environment.

On lasers: There's also humerous instances in two fallout mods where people were picking up lasers that had hit things and not done anything and storing them as extracts from protectrons/protectaponies.  Honestly when i saw that happen I went into a spastic fit of how my vault/stable citizens were picking up fucking light and even for DF blatently defying the laws of physics.

I'll add more rock to soil layers in the coming release. And there's no plants that are restricted from growing on mountains. If they're not there natively, I think all you need is some irrigation.

Anyone know what sort of Loadouts are good for actually making a settlement? I can't help but feel I'd be missing a key skill otherwise.

Aside from all the vanilla stuff, make certain to have a brewer. Especially if your embark doesn't have running water. Aside from that, it's up to you. Having a grower, miller and cook helps if you want ample stocks of bread. Bring some toolkits, too. Hand tools are the equivalent of Anvils in this mod. And a fuel rod, if you want any drinking water.

Also, turns out some pretty trippy stuff happens if you remove all soil layers from the game. I'll have to make use of that, some day.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2012, 04:27:27 pm »

What are the benefits of Servitorization?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2012, 04:42:29 pm »

What are the benefits of Servitorization?

It takes a useless lazy hiver and turns him or her into a tireless cyborg that thinks only of murder.

Still won't do any work, though.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2012, 04:46:07 pm »

So basiclly it makes them a golem that nobody will care about if it dies/gets broked.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2012, 04:48:16 pm »

Well, you should care. It takes a fair bit of rare materials to make a servitor. They're an investment in the settlement's defense.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2012, 04:50:12 pm »

And get wrecked as soon as two guys hit it with a couple metal poles knowing DF's nature of liking to trash your expensive toys with something stupid (Metal pipe, crossbow bolt, accidental cave in, mine carts....)

Faulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2012, 06:15:53 am »

I got the strange thing. When the season changing many items on the surface(or on the level that u watch) simply disappear. I saw that with mass stone disintegration(not on surface), and now all my planted plants gone, with bags with seed in stockpiles nearby.

They've been stockpiling fine for me. Is purified water allowed in the stockpile and are barrels allowed as well? (Not under furniture, but rather the part where you set the maximum number of allowed barrels/bins. If that's set to 0, your hivers will never place filled barrels in there.)
That was it, thx.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 06:17:35 am by Faulik »

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2012, 10:06:07 am »

Yeah, I noticed that too. I have no idea what is up with that. But checking my stocks, the items don't actually disappear.

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2012, 11:07:46 pm »

Hi zimmer, today I tried my first fort and my poor fort of "ragebacks" Was obliterited by pit slaves after 1hr of playing.

right now I'm wondering: 

How the scavenge work? I built a reclaimator, had one free settler with pump operator (dunno if this have anything to do) And free tools and a sledgehammer <- Also i have no idea if this cares at all. The point is that I don't know what I have to do to start collecting "junk"

how I know there will be junk to scavenge in the embark window?

From a warhammer fan, thanks for keeping alive this amazing mod And i hope you keep working to make the grim dark future into DF, and if I can be of any help just say.

For that matter, maybe you want to go and play a little of "deadlands 3000" Wich is a remake from a necromunda-based browser-rpg and get some ideas with names, animals, etc

This is the page -> http://www.easternfringe.com/
And this the game -> http://deadlands3000.com/

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2012, 11:15:21 am »

Junk is a stone that forms small clusters in various other layers. Excavate them.

Once you have the junk clusters, use the salvaging reaction at the Reclaimator. It uses Mechanics.

I don't think there's a way to tell aside from using a third party program.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33